• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Official Discussion] Huawei Ascend 2.1 - 2.2 Firmware Upgrade (Info updated as received!)

how did u do it cuz its not working 4 me
I flashed to a backup i made b4 the fix. Open the voice dialer n say OPEN A P N, changed the username to my#@mymetropcs.net n the password to metropcs n saved. Made sure it was enabled with colored dot in radial button, and then booted into CWM n flashed the fix. reboot n checked the settings n tested.... it worked 8)

this is on metro, seems to be sumtin up with cricket n pip is checking on tat.

Reactions: NoBrainTay
Upvote 0
I flashed to a backup i made b4 the fix. Open the voice dialer n say OPEN A P N, changed the username to my#@mymetropcs.net n the password to metropcs n saved. Made sure it was enabled with colored dot in radial button, and then booted into CWM n flashed the fix. reboot n checked the settings n tested.... it worked 8)

im going to try it

Upvote 0

wait was this with cm6 or 7

Upvote 0
ok i know this is off topic...but can someone help me how to fix my huawei ascend because when i connect it to my computer it dosent show a pop up sayinfg if u want to transfer files., so when i checked ''my compute'' it says i need to put in a cd drive??? and when i check the ''device manager'' on my computer it says that my device is nt working properly??? :( can someone help me with this problem ill be very very thankful and p.s it happen after i rooted

Upvote 0
ok i know this is off topic...but can someone help me how to fix my huawei ascend because when i connect it to my computer it dosent show a pop up sayinfg if u want to transfer files., so when i checked ''my compute'' it says i need to put in a cd drive??? and when i check the ''device manager'' on my computer it says that my device is nt working properly??? :( can someone help me with this problem ill be very very thankful and p.s it happen after i rooted
un root .....then re root...... if it fails ......recover...then reinstll the rom

Upvote 0
if u havent noticed this whole thread is off topic

Upvote 0

You need to enable USB Mass storage and when you connect to the computer pull down the notification bar and select the USB connected, then select Mount to transfer files. You may have turned off the AutoPlay feature in windows earlier.

Upvote 0
if u havent noticed this whole thread is off topic

Well - not the whole thread. ;)

We like things to stay mostly on-topic (it helps newcomers trying to sort things out) - but when a wait gets pretty long, this kind of topic meandering is kinda expected.

All we ask is that if a new user does come along, please go back on topic and catch them up.

And honestly - after all I'd read last week - I'd have thought your official 2.2 would be out already (even if costing a totally weird service charge for some SD card messing around).

I don't mind admitting I'm confused on this. If somebuddy wants to square me away on the status, I'd be appreciative. ;) :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones