1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Official Discussion] Huawei Ascend 2.1 - 2.2 Firmware Upgrade (Info updated as received!)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by floweringmind, Nov 19, 2010.

1. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Extreme Android User

use root explorer!!!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Piranha650

Piranha650 Newbie

I deleted some Metro apps in system/app on root explorer but they came back. I found on
    /cus/metropcs/us/app everything I want to delete but it wont let me.

3. mdside71

mdside71 Android Enthusiast

I found the same thing with androot, and rootexplorer and antTek. Looking for a solution other than hardbrowsing through computer hookup and deleting it manually...Metro really did their hardcoding on this one.

4. arric_mclovin

arric_mclovin Newbie

how do you remove all the metro bloatware on the new update?

5. nuttmeg

you can use titu and freeze the apps if root explorer dont work for you.

6. yanngin

yanngin Member

the new updates really caught us guys lol cm6 is pretty good for me ill stick with itt

7. BILL88STANG

BILL88STANG Well-Known Member

will this work if the phone is all stock and has all the bloatware?

8. mdside71

Well TIBU Pro may freeze the apps..but it does not still allow for them to be removed all together...Checking other solutions. AndRoot does not work.

Ok GOOD NEWS...Use Root Explorer and change it from R/O to R/W and you can go into the system directory and delete out the bloatware!

Just a heads up..BootAnimations does not work on this 2.2.2 update either. Seems Metro has really locked stuff away.

Even after freezing programs, rooting with Gingerbreak 1.1 i still cannot go into the root directory and delete anything even with SuperUser ability.

Seems Metro Updated us, and screwed us at the same time.

9. BILL88STANG

BILL88STANG Well-Known Member

oops i meant if i flash back to a stock back up i had will it work since i have all the bloatware removed. or does this thing need to be stock out of the box?

10. ray1126

ray1126 Well-Known Member

give it a few day's some programer out there is working on a new app or apps that will give you what you want. this was just released yesterday you can't really expect the old hack ware and stuff to work on it. Also I heard that Verizon LG not sure which model is using this exact same version of android 2.2.2 and has been for some time now so you might be able to find which programs people are using on what every phone it is and use it with the Ascend to get rid of any bloat ware you don't want.

11. mdside71

12. jah590

jah590 Lurker

Does it keep all your texts or does it wipe it clean?

13. mdside71

You need to back up everything and anything you want to keep cause it deletes everything when it updates

jah590 likes this.
  14. jah590

jah590 Lurker

Can you back up your texts?

15. ray1126

ray1126 Well-Known Member

I heard superoneclick v1.9.1 will work with 2.2.2 does anyone no if this is true?

16. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Extreme Android User

dunno, but gingerbreak 1.2 def works.

17. Mattblume

Mattblume Lurker

So you need a wifi connection for the new 2.2.2 update.I don't have wifi or know when I will be around one next.I noticed nuttmeg posted the new update in a rar file.How would I update my phone with the rar file.Any help is appreciated!

18. Ashleyh06

Ashleyh06 Member

Wow im kinda glad I dnt have metro... But lets see how bad cricket is gunnna screw us!?

19. catnippy718

catnippy718 Lurker

ok so i dont have a rooted phone. how do i back up everything? will my apps be lost and if so how do i back those up?

20. agardner58

agardner58 Lurker

On 2.1 I had a rooted Ascend Metro, only change I made was to put some apps on sd using Link2SD. Update worked fine, didn't have to unroot or anything. Of course apps on SD all dissapeared after installing 2.2.
    One thing I've noticed about 2.2 is I can't turn Camera shutter sound off, even with a non-stock cam like RetroCam. Still, apps seem to run better under 2.2

21. apkbuccsfan

apkbuccsfan Newbie

I have an ascend 100% stock... When I do the update to 2.2 through metro how do I back up my apps and all that (if u even loose all that)

22. nuttmeg

root the phone and install titu from market and backup all system apps+data

23. laserd

laserd Newbie

So Metropcs stalled the shit of us users. So is there an official release date for the update because I'm losing my patience and Im about to do 2.2 update myself. Help?

24. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Extreme Android User

yes, its in the metro app store. What I posted above is it rooted, deodex, unbloated, and some tweaks.

KOLIO likes this.