• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Official Discussion] Huawei Ascend 2.1 - 2.2 Firmware Upgrade (Info updated as received!)

I'm still having issues with those damn apps auto runing. I've been using the AMM with the settings that were suggested, but I've seen no change in the system at all. Am I doing something wrong, or have others had no luck with the app Auto Mem Manager? Also I was under the impression that with the 2.2 upgrade that the phone would now run the app Angry Birds smoother (which is the whole reason I stumble on to this site lolz), but I've seen VERY little improvement in the way the app runs. Is it just that the Ascend itself can't handle the game?
Angry birds
disable background + sound also to get rid of the advertisements put the phone in airplane mode before you start the game one other thing make sure the game is one the phone and not the SD card all in all the game does run better than it did under 2.1 :eek:

Reactions: OrKo
Upvote 0
WTF I do not get it the BS about how flash would never work with the ascend because the ascend does not have a GPU I say it is BS because the Ascend can run Silverlight with no problems at all and as far as I no Silverlight is way more demanding when it comes to graphic than flash could ever be I may be wrong but I do not think so. one other thing 10 to 15 years ago Microsoft had there own version of flash which kicked ass over adobe flash but Microsoft was sued and forced to remove it from all future version of Windows after 98 so starting with 98SE virtual machine was no more.
what we need to do is find some who could take my copy of virtual machine and rewrite it so it can work on ascend also it would have to fool some FB games into thinking you were using flash 10 or higher.

Upvote 0
WTF I do not get it the BS about how flash would never work with the ascend because the ascend does not have a GPU I say it is BS because the Ascend can run Silverlight with no problems at all and as far as I no Silverlight is way more demanding when it comes to graphic than flash could ever be I may be wrong but I do not think so. one other thing 10 to 15 years ago Microsoft had there own version of flash which kicked ass over adobe flash but Microsoft was sued and forced to remove it from all future version of Windows after 98 so starting with 98SE virtual machine was no more.
what we need to do is find some who could take my copy of virtual machine and rewrite it so it can work on ascend also it would have to fool some FB games into thinking you were using flash 10 or higher.

cant be done, now you can download and install flash player but you will see it doesnt work...just like any other computer, the hardware you getting for your computer have to meet the requirements.

Upvote 0
flash does not and will not work on the ascend. And you will never rewrite a windows program to work on linux/android. You may code an app that does the same thing tho. Thing is the Huawei Ascend is a cheap low end phone and no devs want to mess with it.

Upvote 0
ok, here is my new problem with my Ascend (CM7 5?2011). My headset won't work unless I press the Mute button twice (mute then unmute). Anyone else have this issue?

p.s. I noticed on another thread that CM7 06242011 was out, does anyone have a live link to download it? prepaid.org is temporarily offline. thanks in advance.

headphone jack has been a known issue, and you can click the link in my siggy for cm7.

http://prepaidandroid.org/index.php?title=CM7-Ascend

Upvote 0
Would updating to 2.2 mess with my internet? Because it doesn't work at all anymore, all i can do is call and text...It worked at first for like the first few days, but its been off for a while now...What can i do? Is there some settings i can adjust

also i rooted, but it wont let me take off the Metro Apps because it says no .apk file found or something like that...how do i take them off?

Upvote 0
everything has been working great tell yesterday when MMS stopped working I think I have that right I can't send or receive text messages that have pictures or any kind of attachment in them. I was using the latest CM7 version the one by PlayfulGod posted 06242011 If anyone has a fix please email me or send me a message through the forum thanks.

Who is your service provider?

Upvote 0
MetroPCS I no it is not there service because I restored a backup and it works under the official 2.2.2
Do you think something happen to the Metro off fix and should I try flashing that?

Try using the app APN MANAGER by 81 square in the ANDROID MARKET.

At first,try just selecting METRO PCS & then test out your SMS/MMS.
If that doesn't work,go back to the app & fill in all the required information about your phone/carrier.

The METRO PCS carrier info is available in MANY threads scattered throughout the forum.

MILESTONE REACHED:POST # 666 :p

Reactions: ray1126
Upvote 0
Try using the app APN MANAGER by 81 square in the ANDROID MARKET.

At first,try just selecting METRO PCS & then test out your SMS/MMS.
If that doesn't work,go back to the app & fill in all the required information about your phone/carrier.

The METRO PCS carrier info is available in MANY threads scattered throughout the forum.

MILESTONE REACHED:POST # 666 :p

Post# 666 at 3:33? Hmmmm.....

Upvote 0
U wont go back once you get on cm 7

and i just installed the 6/24/build from playful god and i love it

even better than the 5 21 build....

Get off that 2.2 garbage....i would say how much money i have made
off cm 7...but thats here nor there......haaa
Loll. I wont question your methods. Hahaa. I tried CM7 before but I hated it because i couldnt use fx camera, I had data/1x problems, and it was just all around weird stuff. loll

Upvote 0
OK I'm re-installing PlayfulGod 0624 and going to see if MMS is working and than if it is I will see for how long it works this time the last time it worked for 1 day than stopped

OK so this is whats happening I can receive text with pictures attached but I can't send any My phone just set there on the sending

I installed MetroOff and guess what it works now but for how long

Upvote 0
I rooted my phone recently to delete the bloatware, specially MetroPCS Easy Wifi! That app seems to download chunks of data that harm my phone's memory. I was a CM7, until I decided to try out the official update. On the 2.1 update, you could easily delete bloatware in a snap. Now there is some sort of nand protection. And worst of all, MetroPCS Easy Wifi can't be found using Root Explorer! Any help? :thinking:

Upvote 0
OK I'm re-installing PlayfulGod 0624 and going to see if MMS is working and than if it is I will see for how long it works this time the last time it worked for 1 day than stopped

OK so this is whats happening I can receive text with pictures attached but I can't send any My phone just set there on the sending

I installed MetroOff and guess what it works now but for how long

if it ever decides to stop working again just re flash metro off, but most of the time its the carrier problem.

Reactions: ray1126
Upvote 0
thats weird, but you can try sd booster to speed up your sdcard read and write speed, that will also help, and another thing is what class sdcard you have and is it a SDHC card...

+1 I'm aware that there is an SD speed increase already built-in to the ROM,however,I also now use SD BOOSTER & cranked it up to 6500 & it seems to have helped my Class 2 card perform quite a bit better.

If you really want to measure the before & after difference, download SD TOOLS(FREE) from the market & compare results.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones