• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official dock available in the Play Store

> If you think about it, the jack on the N7 is also meant for headphones, isn't it?
> Why should the volume be substantially lowered on the dock vs the N7 itself?

I tested the dock with my Sennheisers and the volume was fine though I didn't experiment to see how loud I could get the headphones to play. I did not test with powered speakers though because I don't plan on using that configuration and I didn't feel like getting the cables from under my desk on my desktop.

What happens when you hook up your speakers directly to the N7's headphone jack?

I'm guessing that my powered speakers at home would get quite loud if I set the volume at maximum and hooked up the N7 to them based on the level of sound coming out of my headphones.

Upvote 0
Since this has been out of stock on the play store forever I'm trying to find somewhere else to buy it for a reasonable price. Amazon has it for $34.99 with free shipping, but it says it takes 2 to 4 weeks just to ship. Anyone know about this? Is it on backorder or something? And if so, can you even believe the 2 to 4 weeks quote, or can we assume it may even be longer?

Upvote 0
Since this has been out of stock on the play store forever I'm trying to find somewhere else to buy it for a reasonable price. Amazon has it for $34.99 with free shipping, but it says it takes 2 to 4 weeks just to ship. Anyone know about this? Is it on backorder or something? And if so, can you even believe the 2 to 4 weeks quote, or can we assume it may even be longer?
I ordered mine this last week from Newegg. They're out of stock again, but Newegg has the option of emailing you when they're back in stock. I got the email and I guess I was just lucky...

Upvote 0
Good news, I received an email from amazon about an order update, and it says they'll be able to send the dock sooner than anticipated! My new estimated delivery window if April 15 to April 18. If anyone else is looking for one, amazon seems a good choice. $5 more than the play store, but free shipping so it more than makes up for that. Besides the play store is out anyways.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones