• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Droid 2 Pre-Release Discussion Thread***

Pardon my noobness, but are these going to be tough to come by in store? My girlfriend is looking to switch to Verizon and thinking about grabbing the LG Ally, but I told her she should check out the Droid 2 first.

She's looking to switch by this weekend, but waiting to see a Droid 2 will be a moot point if she can't get one anywhere.

Upvote 0
Pardon my noobness, but are these going to be tough to come by in store? My girlfriend is looking to switch to Verizon and thinking about grabbing the LG Ally, but I told her she should check out the Droid 2 first.

She's looking to switch by this weekend, but waiting to see a Droid 2 will be a moot point if she can't get one anywhere.

I wonder about this also... if all the Verizon stores are alreay sold out? I ordered mine online yesterday with the free overnight shipping since I received the instant rebate, so I can't tell you if there were long lines at the stores or not.

Does anyone know usually how long it is until some sales figures are released? I would love to know what kind of damage this phone did on day-1 and its first week/month of sales! :)

Upvote 0
If at first you don't succeed, dust yourself off and try again.
Sometimes you don't get the "right rep" on the phone.
You should have been able to order today.
If I get someone on the phone, that doesn't wanna help me, I professionally request to speak with a manager.
That's the route I took today. I called this morning at about 9am, and spoke with someone, and she said she would have to have her supervisor call me back, and it would be about an hour. 3 hours later, no call back. Called again, talked to a guy for 2 minutes, he talked to his surpervisor, came back on the line 3 minutes later, and asked if I wanted to pay $8.99 for overnight shipping. Sure.

Done.

Upvote 0
That's the route I took today. I called this morning at about 9am, and spoke with someone, and she said she would have to have her supervisor call me back, and it would be about an hour. 3 hours later, no call back. Called again, talked to a guy for 2 minutes, he talked to his surpervisor, came back on the line 3 minutes later, and asked if I wanted to pay $8.99 for overnight shipping. Sure.

Done.

Nice... have fun! Hard work pays off!

Mine will be here within an hour and a half... since Fed EX 'promises' overnight shipping by 3pm next day :)

Upvote 0
Just thinking back to the conversation with the guy who let me upgrade early, and with Annual Upgrade you have to sign a new 2 year agreement. My current calling plan doesn't exist anymore, but we never went through calling plan options. In fact, when I asked about new calling plans, he said, "we don't have to make any changes to your calling plan."

Now I'm wondering if his supervisor just did an override, and didn't make me do anything with my plan, therefore keeping my NE2 eligibility at May 2011. Because.that.would.be.awesome!

Upvote 0
There was nobody else in the store when I went to get mine when the store opened. I don't expect them to sell out at least until Verizon starts marketing them towards the end of the month.

I asked the associate at the store today when I went to get my contacts transferred to my Droid2 from my TP2, and they said there wasn't even a line - weird.

Upvote 0
Just thinking back to the conversation with the guy who let me upgrade early, and with Annual Upgrade you have to sign a new 2 year agreement. My current calling plan doesn't exist anymore, but we never went through calling plan options. In fact, when I asked about new calling plans, he said, "we don't have to make any changes to your calling plan."

Now I'm wondering if his supervisor just did an override, and didn't make me do anything with my plan, therefore keeping my NE2 eligibility at May 2011. Because.that.would.be.awesome!

I got 'forced' into Verizon from Alltel with the merger... and my plan with Alltel is better than anything Verizon can offer me, EVEN with my 20% discount from my employer - so that says a lot.

I don't understand why they even call it a New Every Two when you can upgrade every year anyway, like I just did with the Droid 2 online for only $199?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones