• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official - Droid RAZR product reviews - consolidated thread of magazine/blog reviews

Canadian version have problems? The US version appears to be doing well for battery and 4g mode is okay for 4g.

Had my Canadian Razr for over a week now, get a couple days out of it before it needs a charge...moderate use, mostly me just playing around with it...it seems to live longer each charge..not over my 30 min yet so I have a couple days to return...like that is going to happen. This thing is really a great phone for me...2 days for a charge is just fine, no heat build-up, calls are crystal clear. and hey, I just like looking at it.

I can't imagine anything that I would need a little handheld piece of tech. to do that this can't do....And the last thing I would ever do (even if something drastic happens before my 14 days is up) is trade it for anything Samsung (never again). It would be IPhone before samcensored, and that is not going to happen.

Upvote 0
Phone Dog Dog Fight Review between RAZR vs Rezound is now out. I tell who won the contest, as to not spoil it for anyone

HTC Rezound vs. Motorola DROID RAZR Dogfight Part 1 | PhoneDog

Yea we all know benchmarks arent the end all be all...but....

The RAZR always go thru the I/O tests faster than other phones its tested against....even the GS2. Even when its started after another phone.
What does it mean? I have no idea...lol. Just something I noticed...

Upvote 0
I played with four razr yesterday (about 5-10 minutes each) was making test calls and such and comparing to the rezound in my never ending undecisive search for a phone - anyways two of the razr were rather soft on max volume (one was white one was black) the other two were much louder - weird thing is that the loud ones were at a different store so i oculdn't compare them side by side - but the first two gave me the impression that the speaker was not going to be useful for anything and the other two made it easy to listen to videos (via the speaker) - so there seems to be some variance here.

Anandtech's review is interesting. I rooted and installed SetCPU to under clock to 1Ghz to see something. I might again and really monitor battery life.

Odd about the speaker phone. My RAZR sounds louder than my DX1. Maybe I had a bad speaker on my DX1...lol.

Upvote 0
I played with four razr yesterday (about 5-10 minutes each) was making test calls and such and comparing to the rezound in my never ending undecisive search for a phone - anyways two of the razr were rather soft on max volume (one was white one was black) the other two were much louder - weird thing is that the loud ones were at a different store so i oculdn't compare them side by side - but the first two gave me the impression that the speaker was not going to be useful for anything and the other two made it easy to listen to videos (via the speaker) - so there seems to be some variance here.

On such tiny little sound emitting devices, even the slightest variance in the manufacturing process can produce noticeable results in a device's ability to produce sound when it finally finds itself in the hands of the end user.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones