• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

.:Official Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Thread:.

So I just started playing Skyrim on the PC today... and I'm already stuck lmao.

Okay, so I'm in Whiterun, trying to turn in that tablet thing to that dude, but earlier in the game I had stolen that horse lol because I was a noob and had no idea what I was doing. So when I was approached by a guard about what I had done, at first I went to pay the money, I had plenty to spare but accidently hit the wrong button, "I'd rather die" or whatever that says. So now I'm sitting here with no health, respawning in a group of guards, dying with one hit. I can't even move. This happens over and over.

How do I get outta this!! It's pissing me off! I don't have any past save moments to fall back to, as I use auto save.

Upvote 0
Do they react to you sheathing your weapon? That's the sign of surrender.

You could also use console commands to remove your bounty if you're really stuck.

In the future I really would recommend using real saves occasionally, not just auto saves. If you get stuck like this again, or your save file was corrupted or overwritten, you'd lose a lot of progress.

Reactions: Mada
Upvote 0
I thought auto-save gave you three save slots? Anyway, I've never successfully yielded in skyrim yet, but you can. I think you have to sheath your weapon and talk to the guard... Not 100% on that.

hidden for potential spoilers - but not really.
Okay, I'm guessing this is the 'Dragon Stone' or whatever, so you won't have a Dragon shout yet right? If you did, you could try that and run out of the Whiterun hold (the guards only go after you if you've committed a crime in that hold). Hmmm... well, I'm guessing you're still pretty early in the game, maybe restart? :/

Upvote 0
Do they react to you sheathing your weapon? That's the sign of surrender.

You could also use console commands to remove your bounty if you're really stuck.

In the future I really would recommend using real saves occasionally, not just auto saves. If you get stuck like this again, or your save file was corrupted or overwritten, you'd lose a lot of progress.

Ugh. Thank you so much. I don't think there's anywhere that tells the players that... I wonder how we were supposed to figure that out especially while the player is kinda ticked off lmao. And advice taken on manual saves... Will start doing that, thanks.

Upvote 0
So I just started playing Skyrim on the PC today... and I'm already stuck lmao.

Okay, so I'm in Whiterun, trying to turn in that tablet thing to that dude, but earlier in the game I had stolen that horse lol because I was a noob and had no idea what I was doing. ...

I have not yet started playing, so I have a question...
Did anyone seed you steal the horse?

Upvote 0
This is the reason I have been scared to start it. Mine is still in plastic, lol.

Lol yea like once I started playing it I cant get enough of it, because used to no matter what when I would get a game mainly for the campaign i would eventually want to take a break to play something like COD and now that MW3 is out I used to play it all the time, because I love COD and am rather good at. But now that I have been playing skyrim i say EEfff Cod lol

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0
Anybody know when the Windhelm quest bug for Blood on Ice getting fixed? I'm level 57 and the Windhelm house is the only one I can't get, and its supposed to be the best house with the Armory! LOL!

And I need the fix for the Molag Bal quest, otherwise I won't get the Oblivion Walker achievement, I'll be one daedric artifact short! LOL.

Upvote 0
I can't even start the friggin quest. I've been in and out of windhelm for like ages. I completed the Imperial questline (I'm a Bosmer, so no way I'm siding with those racist scumbags) and when I try to buy the house I'm just given the "there have been unpleasantries" bit. I'm afraid that maybe an important NPC is dead somewhere, since I don't notice his shop open anymore (I was able to enter once when it was open), and there have been like 3 dragon attacks and a couple of thief riots. Thief riots often have NPCs killed. I ignored a thief riot in Riften once, and when I went back to the market to sell stuff, Balimund was lying dead on the ground beside a couple of thieves.

Upvote 0
just curious what you side you guys decided to go with. my character is a nord so i sided with the stormcloaks. for me i did not see any thing racist or whatever other people have been saying about them. i just saw it as they were there first so to speak end then the empire came in and took it away from them. plus i like being a rebel:D

so what do you guys think?

Upvote 0
hide tags? :p

Facepalm. Editing

just curious what you side you guys decided to go with. my character is a nord so i sided with the stormcloaks. for me i did not see any thing racist or whatever other people have been saying about them. i just saw it as they were there first so to speak end then the empire came in and took it away from them. plus i like being a rebel:D

so what do you guys think?

They're friggin racists. Just talk to anyone out there. "Skyrim is for the Nords." The first time I entered Windhelm, Stormcloak supporters were harassing a Dunmer woman. Then there's a guy walking around in Windhelm who told me a story. Twice there was a caravan set upon by bandits outside Windhelm. One was a caravan of Nords. Ulfric himself led the charge to rescue them. Another time there was a Kha'jit caravan. The Stormcloaks just watched from the walls as they got massacred.

Have you talked to the Dunmer in Windhelm? Ulfric ignores them. And just lets the sewage from the richer west side of the city go through their quarter, and Ulfric did not even bother fixing the sewers.

And if you have done the main quest, you'll know that *spoilers
Ulfric is a Thalmor asset. Found a Dossier in the Thalmor embassy regarding this.

EDIT: First? Empire took it away from them? No they did not. Skyrim has been part of the empire since the empire was created a couple of thousand years before. Heck the first emperor, Talos/Tiber Septim, had Nord blood.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones