• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

.:Official Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Thread:.

We're getting close aren't we! I remember the very first thing I did when learning php was create a skyrim count down. No joke.

I think fallout is great fun. I've enjoyed all of them (though I didn't give fallout 1 a big playthough). Also didn't give morrowind as much time as I'd have liked to.

But SKYRIM!!!!!! I can't wait to use the bows. I am gonna arrow a bandit right in the head. Maybe pull a William Tell..? ;) SKYRIM!

Upvote 0
Imperial Scum! (like the guards from oblivion ;) )

The last week is the longest week to wait.

But, I do think we should look back on the time we've waited. Remember freaking out when the E3 footage was shown? Seeing those huge mammoths, the dragons...

Oh, did anyone happen to see the 'Behind the Wall' on the ES site? It showed dragons fighting! Awesome!

Thank you kind sir.

Upvote 0
!!! Woah.... Here we go. Three days and some change (if your in for a midnight release...)

Getting real excited on this end. Playing some Oblivion to get in the mood. Also downloaded the old games (Arean and Daggerfall) from Bethsda's site, though I've yet to install them.

I am so excited for bows, gonna blast some bandits from afar, then sneak around and knife them. I can't wait to do some enchanting.

@Vegas, am I correct to assume that you found a copy in some store?

/*
Also, there has been some live streams going, I checked one out, but the fool isn't doing too much in the way of side quest / random dungeons. Just the MQ mostly. It's still pretty cool though, just gotta watch out for spoilers. I've limited myself to this one video and the official vids like Todd Howard's E3 demo footage.
*/

Upvote 0
@Vegas, am I correct to assume that you found a copy in some store?

I have a modded xbox.

But, game is really fun actually. I thought this would take a back seat to COD and BF for me, but I think it will get most of my time for the next few months.

My biggest gripe is when you use a shield, and you preform the killshots, there is tons of clipping in the animations. Lots of random stuff happens when just walking from town to town, very organic, fun stuff.

Upvote 0
I saw this today, seems relevant:
[Hide]

2uwA1.png
[/spoiler]

Upvote 0
Love that pic xyro, especially the drawings. And the massive size of the image is clearly a direct reference to the massive size of (I'm assuming and based on interviews...) skyrim.
(And if not skyrim, at least the Throat of the World...)

Anyone else having skyrim dreams? It's depressing waking from them because it's still days until the release. I pray to the Nine that Skyrim launches before I fall to the influence of deadra princes (except Azura).

Upvote 0
Sad sad day for me when I realized I just might not be picking up Skyrim anymore :(

Just don't have the time for it. I also couldn't decide between 360/PC version.

Yeah I also can't decide between 360/PC. I think I'm leaning towards the PC since it's going to be a more in-depth game. Something about RPG's screams PC to me but I have never played one on a console.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones