• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official EVO Rumors and Speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i still cant believe that marshall trade.

but anyways, lets start speculating! haha. what do you think we will find out tomorrow? im gona say sprint will tell us release date, price, final specs. i think thats pretty much it
That's what I'm hoping for as well....and also that they clear up their stance on the cost of 4G aka NO EXTRA FEE (hopefully that's not one of the changes they hinted about!). Whether mobile hotspot is free or not isn't a big issue for me.

Upvote 0
I find it interesting that there are quite a few people who have a Pre (small phone) who are excited about the EVO (very large phone). I'm looking at the N1 or EVO but I'm concerned about how big the EVO is (particularly width).

I teach at a college and yesterday a student was using a HD2. I held it up to my students, and literally all of them begin to laugh and make fun of the size. I asked if they thought it was too big and they all said yes. I don't believe many will buy the EVO, just the technical gadget crowd that is a minority. The idea of 4G sure is a strong reason to buy over the N1.

Yeah, but I hate the tiny screen on the Pre. I've held an HD2 and it's barely bigger than an iphone. Kinda like an iphone in a case. I'm fine with it as it is but probably wouldn't go any larger for a phone.

Upvote 0
I find it interesting that there are quite a few people who have a Pre (small phone) who are excited about the EVO (very large phone). I'm looking at the N1 or EVO but I'm concerned about how big the EVO is (particularly width).

I teach at a college and yesterday a student was using a HD2. I held it up to my students, and literally all of them begin to laugh and make fun of the size. I asked if they thought it was too big and they all said yes. I don't believe many will buy the EVO, just the technical gadget crowd that is a minority. The idea of 4G sure is a strong reason to buy over the N1.

The N1 isn't much smaller than Evo. Use this link to overlay the N1 on the Evo and you'll see that there is not too much of a difference.
HTC EVO 4G Size Compare (Phone Arena)

Upvote 0
The N1 isn't much smaller than Evo. Use this link to overlay the N1 on the Evo and you'll see that there is not too much of a difference.
HTC EVO 4G Size Compare (Phone Arena)

I've held an HD2 alongside my Nexus.... definitely a BIG difference in size... seeing in person is the only way to get a feel

don't kid yourself... HD2/EVO are gigantic compared with a Nexus

Upvote 0
So you think the EVO will have less memory than the 8 GB of memory that the incredible has?

Welcome To Verizon Wireless

Incredible has 512 MB ROM and 576 MB RAM

EVO has 1GB ROM, 512MB RAM

Then Incredible and EVO both have 8GB of storage which is expandable of course. The EVO ships with an 8GB microSD card and it's unclear whether the Incredible's is built-in or also a 8GB card. Doesn't really matter though.

Upvote 0
8GB of built in storage space not RAM OR ROM is highly unlikely and unseen for the most part except on the iphone but that's Steve Jobs for you. I'm 99.9% sure it will ship with an 8or16GB Micro SDHC card, the card reader inside the phone will read cards up to 32GB so it's expandable up to that by simply replacing the Micro SDHC card.

Upvote 0
8GB of built in storage space not RAM OR ROM is highly unlikely and unseen for the most part except on the iphone but that's Steve Jobs for you. I'm 99.9% sure it will ship with an 8or16GB Micro SDHC card, the card reader inside the phone will read cards up to 32GB so it's expandable up to that by simply replacing the Micro SDHC card.

Got it. :thinking: Tech stooge here. :D

Upvote 0
hm, I wonder what kind of mini HDMI is that on the EVO (evo is the one at the buttom)

htc-evo-4g-comparo-05-hands-1269376717.jpg

THIS is the mini HDMI that I have on my VADO HD but the one on the EVO looks narrower and fatter

I only found those kind of mini HDMI at monoprice. nothing that looks like the one on the EVO

I figured it out! It's a new Type D connector, aka Micro HDMI.

"Type D
A Micro connector defined in the HDMI 1.4 specification,[50][53] it keeps the standard 19 pins of Types A and C but shrinks the connector size to something resembling a micro-USB connector.[54] The Type D connector is 2.8 mm

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones