1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Official EVO Rumors and Speculation thread

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by billsmed, Mar 13, 2010.

1. boliviano3

boliviano3 Member
    None

Mar 4, 2010
    The Pacific is Terrific
    I wouldn't call the difference in size (3 x 5.2 x 1.5 mm) gigantic, but that's just my opinion.

Advertisement

2. mcbtrain929

mcbtrain929 Android Expert
    None

Nov 5, 2009
    ChiTown
    we get it. you love your nexus 1. why do you even post in the evo forums? stop acting like you're considering buying it when every post you make is putting the phone down.

swnic, kritzell, boliviano3 and 5 others like this.
  3. stevbl01

stevbl01 Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 15, 2010
    unknown
    Its midnight on your coast.. Tax Return Day is over :) Now we can focus on EVO Day!!! Do you see any EVO's falling from the sky if so grab two and send me one :D

4. LatinP

LatinP Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 12, 2010
    Either way the end time on the Sprit site says 2pm so I wouldn't count on any new updates until it's at least office hours at Sprint HQ.

5. swnic

swnic Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 22, 2010
    Machinist
    Oregon
    Really not that much...to me anyway

1/8"x3/16"x1/16" ish

I needed to see it in non-metric form.......I'm just that old.

tduke53 likes this.
  6. perpetual

perpetual Member
    None

Apr 12, 2010
    when the moto droid and nexus one were announced with their high resolution screens, I was really exited. then I was really dissapointed to see the screen size of the moto droid in person. it is the same width as my g1's but just a bit longer. even though I don't like the iphone, I do like that its screen is wider. the evo has the screen that I've been waiting for.

7. Lovingthesonic

None

Mar 29, 2010
    So does that mean the phone wont have 1gb ram?

8. JinCA

JinCA Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 11, 2009
    Sprint has been putting up online ads since they announced the phone in March, how much more are they going to do? I see it on websites every day yahoo, engaget, intomobile, huffingtonpost and a lot of othe sites as well.

As far as tv though I would think just from a logical stand point that they would start their TV advertising a few weeks before the phone comes out but if it's not going to come out until the early/mid June or even later than it would seem kind of silly to start paying for tv ads now IMO. I'm not saying they aren't going to do that but it just doesn't make sense to spend the money for commercials until you are within 4 weeks of release. As I said the online ads have been up since they day the phone was announced and that makes more sense because the tech heads will be online and it's a lot cheaper than buying time on television. Again I'm not saying anything against what you said, I just don't see how it makes sense for them to start TV ads this far out from launch, seems like a waste of money.

9. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor
    VIP Member
    None

Oct 4, 2009
    Male
    Database Programmer, Sprint Advocate
    Queens, NY
    Wow I missed alot.
    Thats becasue the higher ups have been to this thread and are redoing the commercial with our OB1 Kenobi-Droid idea. :D

Those videos are outstanding. I love the video and chat demo. Nice. Man this phone is gonna rock.

But something tells me that Jackson is right that April 16th is not gonna be that much going on. I guess we'll know by 2PM

TS

10. beavis39001

beavis39001 Newbie
    None

Apr 12, 2010
    NC Triad
    On the subject of marketing ... Sprint, please give up on all the Sense UI screenshots. They do nothing to differentiate your product from the other android phones in the eye of the general public. Come up with a few iconic shots that make people say, "Oh, that's the new EVO."

Show what the phone can do, but show it in a way that conveys adventure, discovery, and mystery ... Possibilities!

Apple and Nintendo have made fortunes marketing their respective products in this manner.

11. AlwayzRight

AlwayzRight Member
    None

Apr 16, 2010

For my first I would like to say you are DEAD ON! Do not market this phone showing the same sense screenshots that are on so many other phones. Market it showing screenshots that are DIFFERENT than what people are accustomed to seeing by showcasing how this phone is so much BETTER than EVERY other phone available on the market right now. If it is marketed showing the same sense screenshots like so many other phones there will NOT be the WOW FACTOR from the general public who are not the techie, nerd type. Don't mess this up Sprint.

12. secretmethod70

None

Apr 11, 2010
    chicago
    Remember, the videos you're seeing are what is sent to qik, which doesn't necessarily correlate to what the camera is fully capable of. qik is a site specifically designed for live video streaming, so it only makes sense that the qik app would send video at a modest resolution. Don't judge the camera quality based on anything you see from qik. Only base the qik quality off of what you see on qik.

13. JinCA

JinCA Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 11, 2009
    I wouldn't judge the camera until it's actually done and released but you could hear the guy using it saying how it was not smooth.

14. MyHTCevo

MyHTCevo Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 7, 2010
    Again that is Qik Live STREAMING video, it is no way near the quality of what the camera can record. Qik is a great video streaming program, and they have it down to a science, but since it is LIVE streaming the video quality isn't as good as if you were recording.

Make sense?

p.s. This camera could final, why would Qik be tweaking out the Qik program (with sprint people) if it wasn't a final camera setup???

They were talking delays and resolutions within Qik software.

15. secretmethod70

None

Apr 11, 2010
    chicago
    Right, but that could have to do with the qik application, not the camera itself. Based on the discussion it seems that they are discussing how best to implement qik on the evo, not the camera in general.

EDIT: Oops, should have read MyHTCevo's post first :p

16. Gekko

Gekko Android Expert
    None

Mar 20, 2010
    USA
    1. EVO does not appear to be much larger than iphone so i don't think it will be obtrusive or ridiculous looking. i held the HD2 in my hand and the display is beautifully large - about as big as you'd want. any bigger might be too much for portability purposes. one thing that amazed me was how thin and light it was - especially given the display size. quality was awesome - a thin light solid slab of fine electronics, glass, and metal.
    2. it appears Verizon is releasing the Incredible on April 29. while i don't want Sprint to rush a half baked EVO to market, i'm hoping this puts a little pressure on them to not dick around and thus to get it out asap for fear of losing current/potential customers.

17. Gekko

Gekko Android Expert
    None

Mar 20, 2010
    USA
    it seems to me that portable removable exchangeable storage is a beautiful thing with all upside and no downside.

18. MauiDude

MauiDude Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 30, 2009
    Maui
    If not having internal mass storage makes room for other goodies then that's a good thing in my book! I'm here in the last time zone all alone waiting wanting...waiting.....I'm always waiting!! I've had 3 WinMo phones! I've been waiting since the PPC-6700 Apache! THE fugliest smartphone ever!! The EVO will be a nice and earth shattering change for me. Can you believe it?? Sprint with a Kool LOOKING phone!??? I must be dreaming or something. haha

19. Gekko

Gekko Android Expert
    None

Mar 20, 2010
    USA
    that's the price you pay for living in "paradise" mofo! when we're all freezing our asses off and shoveling snow in December - remember us!

20. mcbtrain929

mcbtrain929 Android Expert
    None

Nov 5, 2009
    ChiTown
    here's to an exciting and evo-information-filled day!

21. Fubie

Fubie Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 1, 2009
    Digital Surveillance Manager
    State of Denial
    Or not... :rolleyes:

22. MauiDude

MauiDude Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 30, 2009
    Maui
    hahahaha! OMG I haven't laughed like that for awhile. Yeah it's a freezing 70f here!

23. ImGreen

ImGreen Member
    None

Apr 8, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    I have brought up this question before but no one seems to have an answer to what type of HDMI port... here are some pictures I looked at to compare...

First pic is a Canon 50D (confirmed) mini-HDMI... second pic is a mini-HDMI cable connector...last is another head-on shot of the EVO micro-USB (left) and ????-HDMI (right) ports.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

from Gizmodo Gizmodo -
    [​IMG]

24. Novoken

Novoken Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 4, 2010
    Where is everyone at??????? Come on guys lets party lol its D-Day for us.

25. PyroSporker

PyroSporker Android Expert
    None

Apr 3, 2010
    You mean E-Day! :D

I think we should see things pan out before we get too far ahead of ourselves though.

Tags: