• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official EVO Rumors and Speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
1.) I doubt they would do anything today, not good timing.

2.) Go to sprint.com and check out the site. They have some really big issues right now. Do you really think they are going to announce pricing and information on the EVO with there main site coughing up errors.

Even if they where going to do something, they would have the common sense to make sure the only true source of real information was up and running before creating a stir.

There is something moving deep inside, but you are going to have to atleast wait until their website is fixed. What image do they want to send. We have the world fastest mobile device. But we can not get a website to work?

Upvote 0
i cant see how people were thinking this was gonna be some big explosive news.. sprint wasnt holding a press conference or keynote... it was supposed to be the start of a medial blitz... for all we know the media blitz is starting and we well begin to see more ads and possibly some commercials about the evo letting the masses know, because as of right know how many people aside from us geeks and the people we tell really know much about this phone?? i dont wanna read anymore into the facebook event than i should but if you read the whole description it says "We

Upvote 0
I'm repeating my first post from this morning:
Don't think there's too much to much to celebrate today. Maybe there will be, but earlier this week Jackson and Self Praise both said that the big media blitz probably wouldn't happen today after all. It seems like they're still trying to work out some problems. I definitely think it's best to have everything perfect than it is to release a phone like this that has problems. That wouldn't be good.

Jackson said yesterday, he knew "for a fact that the EVO won't be released until June 13th". That's isn't that far away and it's late spring, not summer, so that is cause for celebration.

No doubt we'll be hearing more about the EVO 4G real soon. Stay tuned.
I believe most of you feel the same way. Just about everyone here has made it easier for me to get through the waiting process and I want you to know that I enjoy the camaraderie.

When I get a little anxious, I just go back to the first post in this thread that you keep adding to, Bill. It's awesome. The people I've sent the link to are impressed. Keep up the good work on the updates.
Thanks, nx25. I really appreciate your comments. Hopefully others feel the same way.

Upvote 0
So I in a minor "pickle" I am lookin for a bit of advice. I am (along with everyone here) anxiously awaiting the Evo release. I'm expecting it to come early June, but I have to figure out some cellular arrangement in the meantime, as I am not currently a Sprint customer. Would it be a good idea to sign up with Sprint now, get a free phone and all that, start utilizing GREAT cost rate plans and evaluate my situation at the end of the 30 day deal they have or figure out an alternative route?

Sorry not completely on topic, but I am holding out for the Evo...that's what I want and I've been on here everyday reading for new information, thank you guys for all the great updates =)

Upvote 0
I really thought they were going to announce the release date of the phone today. I didn't think the advertising blitz, etc was going to come until closer to the release date. So a bit disappointed that they didn't give it, but its not like i thought it was coming next week either as I believe that Jackson's date of June was correct since the last two big releases Instinct and Pre were done in June as well...

Upvote 0
the-flash-iphone-ipad-spoof.jpg

Upvote 0
So I in a minor "pickle" I am lookin for a bit of advice. I am (along with everyone here) anxiously awaiting the Evo release. I'm expecting it to come early June, but I have to figure out some cellular arrangement in the meantime, as I am not currently a Sprint customer. Would it be a good idea to sign up with Sprint now, get a free phone and all that, start utilizing GREAT cost rate plans and evaluate my situation at the end of the 30 day deal they have or figure out an alternative route?

Sorry not completely on topic, but I am holding out for the Evo...that's what I want and I've been on here everyday reading for new information, thank you guys for all the great updates =)
I think I would hold off if you can. That way you'll be in the best possible situation when the EVO is released and you'll get it at the best price.

Reactions: chrissyd
Upvote 0
This sucks. Like real bad. I was hopeful in looking foward for something to maybe happen but Dan and Self Praise were right. Sorry guys. I did hear about a date in mid-May though. This could possibly be the exact D-Day we have ben waiting for. He still says that the 16th was circled on these calendars he saw. Maybe it was signifying a shipment or something?

Jackson

Sorry if i let any of you down. I feel horrible. I was expecting something too until yest when Dan shot me over that e-mail. The good news from this is that Sprint could possibly be changing something/improving something on the phone because the commercials were all taken as of a few weeks ago...

Upvote 0
I was about to write a post about how there's no point in me spending so much time keeping up with this thread since we already know everything that we're waiting to hear and checking here all the time doesn't change any of that (june 6th/13th, extra ram/rom, maybe froyo, $2-250 price tag, $10-20 for hotspot program, no $ for 4g, media blitz coming soon etc), but I had a change of heart after seeing the little movie with the wimax power man and the guy I relate so much to begging to see it. It's enough of a reason for me to stick around here to see stuff like that, it's hilarious! Hopefully further chapters to the series will be coming!

Oh, and thanks Jackson, even if you got all out hopes up for nothing!!!!!!! (J/K)

Upvote 0

If you must leave your current provider or don't have one I would get a pre-paid(pay as you go) phone it would be a lot cheaper then getting phone for 30 days and then have the EVO delayed. You will be stuck, also any tiny scratch will probably negate the 30 day return policy.

Upvote 0
I agree that some people are intent on being negative, but there's no need for it. We're going to have the best phone, the best service and the best prices around and I'm very happy about it. I would guess that most of us here feel the same way. I only see a few like that like to complain, bitch and moan about Sprint.

I have nothing but good things to say about Sprint. I like the coverage, the plans and customer service. The fact is that an officially sanctioned Sprint website let many people down. We'll all move on with our life but I think it's fair to say that many, many people were disappointed in what happened today. I've moved on already. However, I won't pretend that it wasn't an oversight to let this happen. People didn't get their hopes up here because Jackson initially brought it up. It's because it was on their page which corroborated what Jackson said, and to add fuel to the fire they simply changed the 'end' date of the event to May 12th. So what is one left to conclude? Does May 12th means anything? Why didn't they extend the event to past summer when we knew it would already be released or axe the event altogether? It makes NO sense.

Upvote 0
This sucks. Like real bad. I was hopeful in looking foward for something to maybe happen but Dan and Self Praise were right. Sorry guys. I did hear about a date in mid-May though. This could possibly be the exact D-Day we have ben waiting for. He still says that the 16th was circled on these calendars he saw. Maybe it was signifying a shipment or something?

Jackson
Hey, Jackson. I realize how you must feel, but hey, that's the way it goes. You would have been a real hero if it worked out the way you said, but this goes to show you what can happen when you get so many people's hopes up.

I just want you to know that we still love you, buddy. Please don't be too discouraged, because most people are still going enjoy your comments.

Reactions: travisr528
Upvote 0

Jackson

Sorry if i let any of you down. I feel horrible. I was expecting something too until yest when Dan shot me over that e-mail. The good news from this is that Sprint could possibly be changing something/improving something on the phone because the commercials were all taken as of a few weeks ago...

Don't worry about it man, it's all good. Things happen in the corporate world that us mere common folk apparently won't understand ;)

I wonder what's on Sprint's mind hm

Upvote 0
all I know is sprint needs to hurry yup... competition are hot on their heals with their 1ghz phones (except at&T though poor lg expo RIP) and the competition is getting hotter.. the hd2 is sexy the incredible is plain hot people with iphones eyeballing other carriers right now due to all the issues their having on AT&T come on sprint you cant just tease and make people wait more then a month I am sorry but if your phone is released after may you will have another pre on your hand despite how awesome it is. Some of u will bere mainly because we are already customers and in contracts but you will miss out on the millions of verzion and AT&T customers.

Upvote 0

You haven't let anyone down you have been very helpful and I appreciate your efforts and I hope you will continue. No one can be 100% right all the time especially when getting info 2nd 3rd or 4th hand.

Upvote 0

Jackson

We appreciate the info that you have given us. Don't feel bad maybe the calender was circled for the press release of the Sprint iPad case that was shown on engadget. Sprint 4G Case for iPad :D Sprint is up to something thats for sure that has to be why they keep doing commercials or ads for their mobile hotspot with 4G for Apple products.

Upvote 0
all I know is sprint needs to hurry yup... competition are hot on their heals with their 1ghz phones (except at&T though poor lg expo RIP) and the competition is getting hotter.. the hd2 is sexy the incredible is plain hot people with iphones eyeballing other carriers right now due to all the issues their having on AT&T come on sprint you cant just tease and make people wait more then a month I am sorry but if your phone is released after may you will have another pre on your hand despite how awesome it is. Some of u will bere mainly because we are already customers and in contracts but you will miss out on the millions of verzion and AT&T customers.
I don't really agree that Sprint needs to hurry. I'd rather have a phone that's ready when its ready and not before. I don't really care about the iPhone or the Incredible either. I wouldn't be interested in either one.

I would like to see you be positive, after all, you are in the EVO forum. Unfortunately, I see you as one of the negative ones here and I can't understand why. This is such a great phone and I don't see anything else touching it. Not now and probably not anytime this year until MAYBE in the late fall during the holidays. Unlike you, I have no problem waiting a couple of more months, or less for the best phone and the best service.

Upvote 0

Jackson

No worries. We appreciate the info you give us and realize that it will not be 100% correct all the time because things change and what was right yesterday is not always right tomorrow.

Upvote 0

Don't sign up now get a cheap prepaid phone/plan and wait it out :) or at least make sure you sign up so that the predicted EVO launch is within your 30day period

Upvote 0
I don't really agree that Sprint needs to hurry. I'd rather have a phone that's ready when its ready and not before. I don't really care about the iPhone or the Incredible either. I wouldn't be interested in either one.

I would like to see you be positive, after all, you are in the EVO forum. Unfortunately, I see you as one of the negative ones here and I can't understand why. This is such a great phone and I don't see anything else touching it. Not now and probably not anytime this year until MAYBE in the late fall during the holidays. Unlike you, I have no problem waiting a couple of more months, or less for the best phone and the best service.

You're right about waiting. I'd rather have a bug-free, functional phone that was tested thoroughly.
However, if Sprint doesn't generate some buzz, they WILL lose customers to the Droid, Droid Incredible, iPhone, etc. Certainly there are a lot of us who are going to get an EVO on day 1, but if Sprint keeps losing customers to bad advertising and marketing they won't survive much longer.

Upvote 0
You're right about waiting. I'd rather have a bug-free, functional phone that was tested thoroughly.
However, if Sprint doesn't generate some buzz, they WILL lose customers to the Droid, Droid Incredible, iPhone, etc. Certainly there are a lot of us who are going to get an EVO on day 1, but if Sprint keeps losing customers to bad advertising and marketing they won't survive much longer.

Agree conditionally. If they keep it up, they will survive but won't flourish like they might have.

Upvote 0

Jackson

You've gotten too many things right at this point that it doesn't make sense for anyone to be disappointed in/angry at you for getting a few things wrong. Thanks for all you've told us and unnecessary apology accepted for what you got our hopes up for. :D

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones