• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official EVO Rumors and Speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure if you get the Evo, you'll still get the Scorpion if and when it comes out. You can do one of three things.

1. Play the waiting game. There is always something better next few months, year. Its called technology advancement.
2. Buy what you can afford now and always upgrade to the next bleeding edge version.
3. Don't buy into the specs game, focus on what you use it for and upgrade when it actually makes a real world difference.

Are you the type that sell your 300HP car just because they released a 310HP car?

I'm the guy who usually waits for the 310 HP car to come out to buy the 290 HP car cause it's like half price now.. Buy a Pentium Core 2 when the Core i7 came out. Buy a 120hz tv when the 240hz LED .6 inch thick tv came out... etc.
The EVO, however, is an exception. When nothing holds a candle to this phone's ability.. A 120hz tv won't be that different from 240hz. An extra 20 horsepower will only help you get more speeding tickets.. But the EVO is relatively cheap. And a person's cell phone nowadays represents so much more than just a means of communication. It's worth every penny.

Upvote 0
Seeeeee the EVO is such a GREAT phone b/c, when you add an L to the end of EVO..... its just all LOVE!!!!
wink.gif

Upvote 0
I'm the guy who usually waits for the 310 HP car to come out to buy the 290 HP car cause it's like half price now.. Buy a Pentium Core 2 when the Core i7 came out. Buy a 120hz tv when the 240hz LED .6 inch thick tv came out... etc.
The EVO, however, is an exception. When nothing holds a candle to this phone's ability.. A 120hz tv won't be that different from 240hz. An extra 20 horsepower will only help you get more speeding tickets.. But the EVO is relatively cheap. And a person's cell phone nowadays represents so much more than just a means of communication. It's worth every penny.

Although I'm loving the car analogies, since cars are one of my other hobbies, I'd have to say it's a completely different ballpark with how I'd purchase.

With cars, I'm more prone to get the lesser engine and then custom tune it w/ bolt-on aftermarket parts and make it more powerful than the 310hp car...LOL.

With phones, I wait to see what will best suit my needs, while at the same time providing the best specs out of the box, so that I won't worry about it getting outdated too fast. I'm taking a risk on getting the EVO, since I'm so used to having phones with a qwerty keyboard (for business), but I think it's a very calculated risk that's well worth the risk.

Upvote 0
Been roaming for a while to keep up with the new EVO coming to a location near you with much excitment. Had an idea when I saw a posting about incentives for people from other carriers. Sprint could do the following:

AT&T customers - Trade in your Iphone for an EVO and receive an additional $100 off
T-Mobile customers - Trade in your HD2 for an EVO and receive an additional $100 off
Verizon customers - Trade in your HTC Incredible for an EVO for FREE.

All with a Two Year Contract

For us that has been with Sprint for years, they should get rid of the MIR and waive the annual upgrade requirement for 60 days and give us the phone a new customer pricing.

Upvote 0
If purchase the Everything Plus Referral Program. Can I also use my company discount?
No, you can't. It is not eligible for it. I had SERO plan until Monday what I did was called Sprint told them I would give up SERO If they would give me a monthly credit on the Everything Data Plan I tried for $20 they offered $10. They also gave me an immediate $70 credit for renewing. I now applied for the company discount (19% for me). my bill was $30 + 10 for Navigation.Now it will be aprox $46.50. I will also be eligible for Premier Status in 3 mos.

Upvote 0
Wow them articles are going to fool a lot of people that don't have common sense . but they were interesting .... interestingly fake . and that stat sheet was a little off from what i heard . it says 20fps but i'm pretty sure the evo does 30 fps and it has digital auto focus not just auto focus .

I hope it really is 30 fps, if it's just 20 it's going to look choppy and that sucks.

Upvote 0
Been roaming for a while to keep up with the new EVO coming to a location near you with much excitment. Had an idea when I saw a posting about incentives for people from other carriers. Sprint could do the following:

AT&T customers - Trade in your Iphone for an EVO and receive an additional $100 off
T-Mobile customers - Trade in your HD2 for an EVO and receive an additional $100 off

For us that has been with Sprint for years, they should get rid of the MIR and waive the annual upgrade requirement for 60 days and give us the phone a new customer pricing.

I think HTC may have an issue with that plan. iPhone/ATT switcherss? maybe but unlikely. Sprint isn't sitting on tons of cash reserves (comparatively speaking) to really move forward with that plan though.

Upvote 0

I wouldn't go for that. I can sell my iPhone (and will be) for more than $100.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones