• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official EVO Rumors and Speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is the general consensus that:

Evo will be released in June (either 8th or 15ish)
Evo will be available for pre order in May (hopefully in a couple weeks)
Evo will most likely cost $199.99 with a 2 Year Sprint Contract
Evo will have 4g for $10-$20 dollars a month
the $10-$20 charge is for the hotspot access and not 4g in general

Upvote 0
With what I've seen in the videos, aren't the differences between the black/white units simply just the back cover? I could be wrong but the "white" one doesnt have a matching white front, so why call is it the "white EVO" if it's just the back plate that makes it white? Can someone please confirm if there is any other part of the phone that makes it white other than the back plate?

I highly doubt that the phone would come half and half like that. If it does then that's very ugly. I think that was a very early prototype. Some phones come with odd colors or something the final production wouldn't have. Like for example the chrome ring around the Hero was a bronze color in the cdma prototype version when it was first leaked for sprint.

Now I could be wrong though. Maybe when the phone is beautified it could look better like that, but I wouldn't take it like that.

I think the guts of the phone should be yellow if the phone comes in black to represent sprint. the red is so verizon like. looks like the interior of a hot car.

And one thing I havn't noticed was the rings around the touch buttons don't light up?

Upvote 0
So is the general consensus that:

Evo will be released in June (either 8th or 15ish)
Evo will be available for pre order in May (hopefully in a couple weeks)
Evo will most likely cost $199.99 with a 2 Year Sprint Contract
Evo will have 4g for $10-$20 dollars a month

4G hotspot. 4G service on the phone will not be an additional charge.

Upvote 0
The 720p video from your phone will be stored somewhere on the phone or SD card. It won't be a problem offloading those files to your computer or an external hard drive.

Exactly. Plus, I imagine there will be no problem sending pictures from your EVO to your PC (and vice versa for some items) via Bluetooth. I do this all the time with my crummy Dare.

Upvote 0
I'm sure as heck not waiting for white. I would prefer to have it in white, but I can just buy a cover or a zaggskinz for it. It already feels like I've waited forever, I'm sure as heck not going to wait another 6 months! By that time, it will be 6 months until something else comes out that I'll want! LOL

You can also get a invisible shield to put on the phone which is like a screen protector that covers the entire phone. Cause it being white I know you wouldn't want scratches on that EVO. But I would assume the back on the white would be the same material as the black one and that doesn't look easy to scratch. I think it's soft touch like the Hero... I think. I hope cause the Hero doesn't scratch at all. Or maybe it's metal like the HD2 but obviously not brushed metal.

Upvote 0
24 hour bannage for ozcar posting IMO :D
I agree 100%.

Also, the funniest thing about the most recent Ozcar steaming pile of bull, they claim the pre-order date is leaked but they never say what the date is. Honestly, I can't think of a worse website lol. Its comical how terrible it is.

And finally:
OZCAR hope to hear from Sprint soon on the HTC Evo 4G release date and pricing.

I'm sure Dan Hesse will meet you at your public library so you can do a live blog about it.
Well then I guess you are victim of your own desires.
Welcome to Banlandia. All Aboard.....

TS

Upvote 0
does anybody feel an 8mp picture would be to big of a file to send through mms?
I think sprint sets the limit. For example my touch pro is limited to 695k file attachment I can send. But I can edit the registry to allow for 900k for example. But I seriously doubt sprint would not have this set up correctly, that's one of there big selling points.

Reactions: THEFORCE
Upvote 0
I think sprint sets the limit. For example my touch pro is limited to 695k file attachment I can send. But I can edit the registry to allow for 900k for example. But I seriously doubt sprint would not have this set up correctly, that's one of there big selling points.
i remember doin registry tweaks lk that on wm...i hope we will be able to increase the file size limit on the evo

Upvote 0

It also depends on the carrier of the person you are sending your picture too.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones