• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL I think we all need to get a life. Our priorities are little out of wack...

lol...you're right about that one. Unfortunately a lot of us have already recognized that fact and can't seem to shake it! Me included.

I went to the Aussie Pink Floyd show the other night and kept checking this forum for updates between songs. How pathetic is that? :D

Upvote 0
My daughter keeps asking me when I'm getting a new phone. She's almost as excited for the GNex as I am, because she gets my DX.

Sad part is, she's only 6! :eek:

No, the phone won't be activated. Just for her to listen to music and play games.

Same with my daughter who is 8. She has been after my Incredible since the day I got it.

Upvote 0
Lmao! First time log in today and I find a bunch of people pissed over a joke! Sorry guys but I found what cincy did was HILARIOUS!

Hopefully we do hear some good stuff today though. Maybe after the initial Razor rush? I dunno. I'm off today and have a bunch of trophies to collect in bf3 mw3 gt5 and fallout so i'll be back later.

Happy Veteran's Day to everyone in the armed forces past and present!

Upvote 0
Wife just text me "honey what is that phone you've been waiting for to come out... primal something?" :thinking::D I proceed with "the galaxy nexus babe"

She says "well I think my MIUI you put on my Inc is acting up can you just grab me one when you pick yours up?"

I conclude with "sure, I'll grab you one....."

guess I'm grabbing 2 of them hope supply is no issue!

Upvote 0
I just died a little inside.....who am i kidding, i just died a lot inside, you can't tease the wild beasts of Nexusaria like that, they are liable to explode, or murder you, or kill everyone, or cry....like i did :-( lol

I love 'wild beasts of Nexusaria'

It's right up there with sexy Nexians

lol...you're right about that one. Unfortunately a lot of us have already recognized that fact and can't seem to shake it! Me included.

I went to the Aussie Pink Floyd show the other night and kept checking this forum for updates between songs. How pathetic is that? :D

I feel you on that - if I wake up in the middle of the night, I check to see what's happened, I check first thing in the morning, at work the page is always up and being refreshed, I check before I get out of my car at home, I've checked it at intermission from a play, and a couple times when we've been on a tear I've excused myself from dinner and scanned it while it in the bathroom. Yes, I have a problem. Yes, I admit it and Yes, it will lessen when I get my phone. (lessen - not dissipate)

Reactions: darejer
Upvote 0

I want to see that I think they are in Atlanta tonight or tomorrow night how was it?

Upvote 0
Wife just text me "honey what is that phone you've been waiting for to come out... primal something?" :thinking::D I proceed with "the galaxy nexus babe"

She says "well I think my MIUI you put on my Inc is acting up can you just grab me one when you pick yours up?"

I'm in the same boat with my wife. :)

Reactions: jbdan
Upvote 0

At least you'll have someone to use the Android Beam with!

Upvote 0
Greetings everybody - Long time lurker, first time poster. Although this is my first post, I'm by no means new to this thread....been following all the action on a daily basis for the past several weeks and have enjoyed the banter immensely. I sort of felt like I was eavesdropping at this point, so I decided it was finally time to emerge from the shadows and join in on the fun. A wee bit about me.....I'm a hard core tech/gadget junkie with a special place in my heart for cell phones and am a loyal and passionate Android enthusiast. It would be safe to say that I'm somewhat consumed by my interest in the Android platform and love spending time learning about new devices. Similar story as many of the others; My love of all things Android started 2 years ago on the release day of the OG Droid. My friend bought the OG the second Best Buy opened that day, while I went with the Eris (insert joke here!). I actually loved the Eris and I thought Sense was pretty cool at the time (upgrading from a BB Tour) , but when specs for the DInc started leaking, I realized I'd made a grave error buying the Eris. I sold the Eris on CL, and snapped up the DInc on the day of release (actually rcvd it the day before). Later that summer, my wife needed a phone so I "let her borrow" the DInc (also was a BB fanatic at the time) and I bought a very gently used OG Droid off of CL. Needless to say, I never rcvd the DInc back and I ended up falling in love with the OG! I then purchased a new Droid 2 back in March of this year and that's currently what I'm rockin. My wife in the meantime, has moved on to the Droid Pro. Anyway, my upgrade date was Nov 5th (as well as one of our other lines) and upgrade day is usually like a holiday in my house, but w/out the release of the SGN, the day came and went without so much as a whimper (only my hushed sobs as I cried myself to sleep that night). I do a ridiculous amount of research on phones prior to buying and have kept an open mind w/regard to the other big releases, but the SGN is my destiny. There is the absolute slightest of chances that if the Droid 4 came out in Dec pre loaded with ICS and featuring an unlocked bootloader, I might be swayed, but honestly, what are the odds of the planets aligning in such a fashion?? With any luck, the SGN will be out in a week and I will finally be able to cry the tears of joy that only really cool technology can inspire! Just wanted to say hello and thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread. It's been a blasty lurking and I'm sure there will be even more excitement being a tiny part of this threaded greatness. Thanks to the mods for all their time and efforts with special kudos and great respect for Steven, whose sourcey updates have kept me (relatively) sane.......

Reactions: Ninjak
Upvote 0
Greetings everybody - Long time lurker, first time poster. Although this is my first post, I'm by no means new to this thread....been following all the action on a daily basis for the past several weeks and have enjoyed the banter immensely. I sort of felt like I was eavesdropping at this point, so I decided it was finally time to emerge from the shadows and join in on the fun. A wee bit about me.....I'm a hard core tech/gadget junkie with a special place in my heart for cell phones and am a loyal and passionate Android enthusiast. It would be safe to say that I'm somewhat consumed by my interest in the Android platform and love spending time learning about new devices. Similar story as many of the others; My love of all things Android started 2 years ago on the release day of the OG Droid. My friend bought the OG the second Best Buy opened that day, while I went with the Eris (insert joke here!). I actually loved the Eris and I thought Sense was pretty cool at the time (upgrading from a BB Tour) , but when specs for the DInc started leaking, I realized I'd made a grave error buying the Eris. I sold the Eris on CL, and snapped up the DInc on the day of release (actually rcvd it the day before). Later that summer, my wife needed a phone so I "let her borrow" the DInc (also was a BB fanatic at the time) and I bought a very gently used OG Droid off of CL. Needless to say, I never rcvd the DInc back and I ended up falling in love with the OG! I then purchased a new Droid 2 back in March of this year and that's currently what I'm rockin. My wife in the meantime, has moved on to the Droid Pro. Anyway, my upgrade date was Nov 5th (as well as one of our other lines) and upgrade day is usually like a holiday in my house, but w/out the release of the SGN, the day came and went without so much as a whimper (only my hushed sobs as I cried myself to sleep that night). I do a ridiculous amount of research on phones prior to buying and have kept an open mind w/regard to the other big releases, but the SGN is my destiny. There is the absolute slightest of chances that if the Droid 4 came out in Dec pre loaded with ICS and featuring an unlocked bootloader, I might be swayed, but honestly, what are the odds of the planets aligning in such a fashion?? With any luck, the SGN will be out in a week and I will finally be able to cry the tears of joy that only really cool technology can inspire! Just wanted to say hello and thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread. It's been a blasty lurking and I'm sure there will be even more excitement being a tiny part of this threaded greatness. Thanks to the mods for all their time and efforts with special kudos and great respect for Steven, whose sourcey updates have kept me (relatively) sane.......

Welcome and thanks for coming out of hiding and joining us at the edge of the cliff we are constantly on.

Reactions: miked1207
Upvote 0
i know everyone is a little on edge, but c'mon - it was a joke, and clearly no malice or deception was intended.

simple solution: everyone go back and edit their posts and delete all of the images. that way, there's no confusion, and you will be helping out the mods and saving them time and effort.

Upvote 0
I want to see that I think they are in Atlanta tonight or tomorrow night how was it?

Off Topic:

I've seen them three times now. Unfortunately, this was my least favorite. The light show is amazing and they perform the songs perfectly. I was disappointed in their song selection. If you like older Pink Floyd...Sid Barrett older...you'll be happy. The second time I saw them they did The Wall in it's entirety and that was great. They only did a couple from that album this time. One spoiler: they open with Shine On You Crazy Diamond. Gave me chills.

Really, you're gonna love it. It's a top notch production.

Upvote 0
Personally, I'm not amused in the least.

Posting faked images, even as a joke, to get people's hopes up is just as bad as people posting fake photos to start a new rumor. It isn't nice or funny, IMO. The only thing this does is let people down after their hopes are up or just make them angry. This thread has been going on for a long time without this kind of thing happening and it has been the better for it. I also don't appreciate having to come into a thread first thing in the morning and start deleting posts and handing out infractions.

If you want to show off your photo shop or gimp skills then enter the logo contest.

Upvote 0
Excellent first post, one suggestion though...punctuation.

haha. Tough to read a block of text like that, especially on a phone.

Reactions: miked1207
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones