• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the versions of the Prime released on different carriers are consistent. To be a true treat to the iPhone, I think you need the accessory mfgs behind it. If you want a case or screen protector you need to be able to get it almost anywhere with a large selection. I have never owned an iPhone but I have always been jealous of the accessories.

Upvote 0
I hope the versions of the Prime released on different carriers are consistent. To be a true treat to the iPhone, I think you need the accessory mfgs behind it. If you want a case or screen protector you need to be able to get it almost anywhere with a large selection. I have never owned an iPhone but I have always been jealous of the accessories.

It drives me nuts! I was in Autozone the other day and there was an entire rack dedicated to nothing but the iPhone!? Really? I guess having one phone being the one and only flagship has its advantage in that way. Other than that...

Upvote 0
Anyone else find all the iPhone bashing comments funny? Everyone bashing the announcement today realizes that Apple will probably sell 100 million + iPhone 4S phones, right? People are again citing specs and stats, as if that matters at all to the iPhones sales. True, some techies and Apple technophobes (few as they may be) are doing some complaining, but it won't matter. Except for a small vocal minority, the VAST majority of people who use the iPhone don't care about specs. Say it, rinse and repeat. We all know the phone will still outsell any other phone on the planet by a factor of 5 or more. So all these "epic fail"s and other random hyperbole make for some funny reading, but IMO are not based in any sort of reality.

The Prime is gonna be great, and I bet we are all gonna love it. I don't really care much about Apple, but I am not naive enough to start laughing at them as they are poised to break even more records over the next year.

Upvote 0
Not so sure about that one Don S. You certainly bring up some very valid points but the smartphone world is changing very quickly. Consumers are becoming very savy because there are some very viable options in the market place.

I for one am not sold on the idea that it will fly off the shelves like it used to. Will it sell well? Absolutely. Will it fly off the shelves in huge numbers? I don't know.

Upvote 0
Anyone else find all the iPhone bashing comments funny? Everyone bashing the announcement today realizes that Apple will probably sell 100 million + iPhone 4S phones, right? People are again citing specs and stats, as if that matters at all to the iPhones sales. True, some techies and Apple technophobes (few as they may be) are doing some complaining, but it won't matter. Except for a small vocal minority, the VAST majority of people who use the iPhone don't care about specs. Say it, rinse and repeat. We all know the phone will still outsell any other phone on the planet by a factor of 5 or more. So all these "epic fail"s and other random hyperbole make for some funny reading, but IMO are not based in any sort of reality.

The Prime is gonna be great, and I bet we are all gonna love it. I don't really care much about Apple, but I am not naive enough to start laughing at them as they are poised to break even more records over the next year.

Forgive me but I missed your point.

Upvote 0
Not so sure about that one Don S. You certainly bring up some very valid points but the smartphone world is changing very quickly. Consumers are becoming very savy because there are some very viable options in the market place.

I for one am not sold on the idea that it will fly off the shelves like it used to. Will it sell well? Absolutely. Will it fly off the shelves in huge numbers? I don't know.

I guess we will know soon enough. They'll probably sell 3-5 million next weekend alone and 10 million in the first month. Honestly if the Prime sells 10 million total, I would consider it a resounding success. It's all about the user experience and Apple has that nailed. People are getting more savvy, true, but people love Apple and love the iPhone. Upping the CPU , adding a better camera and adding some pretty cool voice interaction is not going to lose them customers IMO. I guess we will see soon enough.

That said, I expect many tech sites to talk about it just being a "refresh" or maybe "disappointing" to some extent (though not much as the press mostly love Apple). But again, in spite of that, I am of the opinion it will sell as well or better than ever.

Upvote 0
I guess we will know soon enough. They'll probably sell 3-5 million next weekend alone and 10 million in the first month. Honestly if the Prime sells 10 million total, I would consider it a resounding success. It's all about the user experience and Apple has that nailed. People are getting more savvy, true, but people love Apple and love the iPhone. Upping the CPU , adding a better camera and adding some pretty cool voice interaction is not going to lose them customers IMO. I guess we will see soon enough.

That said, I expect many tech sites to talk about it just being a "refresh" or maybe "disappointing" to some extent (though not much as the press mostly love Apple). But again, in spite of that, I am of the opinion it will sell as well or better than ever.

All excellent points and I can't say your wrong. This will be interesting to see how it does. I'm just not ready to sign off on it being a huge success.

If it is my hats off to them. It will prove to me they are basically invincable in the market.

Upvote 0
Nah, in the end, the iPhone killer turned out to be the iPhone. That was suicide, what we saw today.

Very good point. Agreed.

Did Steven send you in here?

Uhhhhhh...

Haha *shhhhhh* ;)

You Verizon folks always have some of the best rumour threads AF. *remembers the epic Incredible rumour thread* lol.

'Tis true.

Can someone speak to the rumored curved screen? Is there a benefit to this? What's the reasoning? Is it still "in play"?

Steven, feel free to move to another thread if this isn't speculative enough.

I got confused over this. I thought you were asking me to leave if I didn't like your post. :p You guys are getting to used to me. ;)

Upvote 0
I'm thinking that's the samsung note? The pen shown may indicate the note because of the use of the stylus.

Doesn't look like it.
samsung-galaxy-note-2.jpg

scaled.php

Upvote 0
I'm thinking that's the samsung note? The pen shown may indicate the note because of the use of the stylus.

Idk, we've seen vids already of the Note and there's no curvature on it. That's what made me think we're looking at a different device? I'm guessing they would throw the teaser pic in there for a device not yet seen by the masses but who knows.

Reactions: ICanCin2U
Upvote 0
I don't think it's as curved as that blue line makes it seem. It looks like there is space between the phone and the line on each end. I'm pumped. It looks sexy.

Agreed. May be an intentional optical illusion at least to some degree. There does appear to be some curve however which makes it a device yet unseen by myself. This is getting good. :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones