• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Verizon's updated/holiday exchange (have till 1/9/12), it is tempting to get the Rezound.

I have a question...if i got the Rezound, i would definitely be checking out the beats by Dre. Using the beats earbuds and all...my question is would you really have to return the used earbuds with the phone when i took it back to exchange it for the Nexus? Doesn't that seem kind of weird to resell used earbuds with the phone I take back?

I know that the beats by Dre is software enabled by HTC but it would be cool to get a pair of the beats earbuds for free (ok for $35 bucks for the restocking fee).

But hopefully we hear something today...Come on GNex!

Maybe you could keep the sleeves, but I think they're going to look for the earbuds if you return the rezound.

Upvote 0
Yeah great, not only has this forum made me want a phone I never would have thought about getting earlier this year, and now I'm looking at games in the market that you've all mentioned, but now I find myself contemplating an xbox after Christmas. :p

At least Godville is free (and is extremely low maintenance, it mostly plays itself).

The XBox is a lot of fun, particularly when you get XBox Live Gold and can play/chat with friends. Shoot, a friend and I used to just use it as voice chat and occasionally play games. Getting a console is crossing a line; if you're a gamer, you can't go back!

Good luck!

Upvote 0
Hey just something that passed through my head and thought I'd pass along: felt a bit guilty this morning as I've been contemplating going to VZW, purchasing a Razr/Rezound for a trial and ultimately fork over the $35 restocking fee (to those stores that enforce it) and switching to the SGN. I realized there a lot of people in this economy struggling and if I've got $35 to spare then might as well give it to a charity or someone I personally know that could use it. Something I plan on doing. As much as I desperately want an SGN to come out and rumors of a delayed release SUCKS!...but...maybe a few days of groceries could help, etc.... Just food for thought to those considering doing a "trial run" of another phone if you're sure to jump to the SGN eventually.

Glad to see you have the right mindset.

My wife and I do this every year:

https://www.samaritanspurse.org/index.php/OCC/Drop_Off_Locations/

Doesn't take long and doesn't take much money. $7 for shipping costs and you fill the shoebox with a few small inexpensive toys and some daily needs (soap, toothpaste, toothbrush, etc..) can really make a difference in a child's life. If you're thinking about throwing away $35, consider doing a couple of these shoeboxes instead.

Upvote 0
Hey just something that passed through my head and thought I'd pass along: felt a bit guilty this morning as I've been contemplating going to VZW, purchasing a Razr/Rezound for a trial and ultimately fork over the $35 restocking fee (to those stores that enforce it) and switching to the SGN. I realized there a lot of people in this economy struggling and if I've got $35 to spare then might as well give it to a charity or someone I personally know that could use it. Something I plan on doing. As much as I desperately want an SGN to come out and rumors of a delayed release SUCKS!...but...maybe a few days of groceries could help, etc.... Just food for thought to those considering doing a "trial run" of another phone if you're sure to jump to the SGN eventually.

Glad to see you have the right mindset.

My wife and I do this every year:

https://www.samaritanspurse.org/index.php/OCC/Drop_Off_Locations/

Doesn't take long and doesn't take much money. $7 for shipping costs and you fill the shoebox with a few small inexpensive toys and some daily needs (soap, toothpaste, toothbrush, etc..) can really make a difference in a child's life. If you're thinking about throwing away $35, consider doing a couple of these shoeboxes instead.

U know I think ill do that!

Upvote 0
Didn't think it would happen, but my DInc got Gingerbread (official update) before the Galaxy Nexus was released. Sigh...

Even if the GNex comes out this week, I think there a lot of day 1 DInc owners (day -1 for me) that are caught in the dilemma of waiting until Dec 28 for the 2 year upgrade discount. If any of you out there managed to coddle Verizon into an early upgrade, please do share how so the rest of us can give it a shot.

Upvote 0

Just my thought. Hope to hear some awesome stuff today though!

and while I'm at it...I've only been on this forum since Octoberish..and I've loved it here. From Steven and all the mods to all you guys who post....its awesome stuff!

Awesome idea! If anyone needs a place or cause to donate, I'm doing a walk for St Jude's Children's Hospital this Saturday. My fiance organizes it once a year and last year we raised close to $3,000. This year with Hurrican Irene and Winter Storm Alfred we are off to a slow start with only $560 (with $250 coming from me). Every $5 or $10 counts! Great cause for some great children in need.

https://waystohelp.stjude.org/sjVPo...mName=givethanks&eventId=175950&userId=656644

Upvote 0
This is now a thread about charitable giving. NO MORE NEXUS DISCUSSION.

I volunteer and donate to several organizations, so if anyone is ever looking for something to do or a way to give back, here are some suggestions:

- Samarita's Purse is great, link above.

- Many local malls will have "Angel trees" or "giving trees" (frequently sponsored by Salvation Army) where you can pull a name or two off a tree, shop for items on the list (or items not on the list) and drop them off right there. No shipping, and you can do it while you're in the mall shopping anyway. It's a great way to give a kid a Christmas morning they'll remember.

- Also, if you don't feel that you have the money to donate, there are lots of places where you can donate time. Habitat for Humanity is really terrific for spending a morning helping out - you get to learn about how a house gets built, you get to help a family, and you get to play with tools. What could be better?

Reactions: red66charger
Upvote 0
This is now a thread about charitable giving. NO MORE NEXUS DISCUSSION.

I volunteer and donate to several organizations, so if anyone is ever looking for something to do or a way to give back, here are some suggestions:

- Samarita's Purse is great, link above.

- Many local malls will have "Angel trees" or "giving trees" (frequently sponsored by Salvation Army) where you can pull a name or two off a tree, shop for items on the list (or items not on the list) and drop them off right there. No shipping, and you can do it while you're in the mall shopping anyway. It's a great way to give a kid a Christmas morning they'll remember.

- Also, if you don't feel that you have the money to donate, there are lots of places where you can donate time. Habitat for Humanity is really terrific for spending a morning helping out - you get to learn about how a house gets built, you get to help a family, and you get to play with tools. What could be better?

I've done Habitat for Humanity a few times in the past and loved the experience.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones