• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long time lurker, first time poster here. Joining in on all of the fun (I mean madness). I don't have much contribution, but I did hear that UK carriers are delaying shipment to 11/22. I know the majority of folks here are waiting for Verizon, so not sure of the implications. I myself am waiting on a GSM model.

https://twitter.com/#!/ThreeUK/status/136420036616257536

Edit: Also saw that the Galaxy Nexus apparently showed up on Amazon but was removed.

http://www.vzbuzz.com/2011/11/amazon-listing-hints-at-249-99-price-tag-for-galaxy-nexus/

Upvote 0
This is how it should look:

Attachments

• Edit.JPG
    Edit.JPG
    19.5 KB · Views: 190
Upvote 0
Hey just something that passed through my head and thought I'd pass along: felt a bit guilty this morning as I've been contemplating going to VZW, purchasing a Razr/Rezound for a trial and ultimately fork over the $35 restocking fee (to those stores that enforce it) and switching to the SGN. I realized there a lot of people in this economy struggling and if I've got $35 to spare then might as well give it to a charity or someone I personally know that could use it. Something I plan on doing. As much as I desperately want an SGN to come out and rumors of a delayed release SUCKS!...but...maybe a few days of groceries could help, etc.... Just food for thought to those considering doing a "trial run" of another phone if you're sure to jump to the SGN eventually.

Just my thought. Hope to hear some awesome stuff today though!

and while I'm at it...I've only been on this forum since Octoberish..and I've loved it here. From Steven and all the mods to all you guys who post....its awesome stuff!

Thanks for this post... sometimes, even though most of us are "working" while we are actually F5ing on this forum all day, we lose sight of what is truly important. In a way, I can't believe I'm saying this, but it is "just a phone" after all.

This is a fantastic reminder for all of us. Thank you.

Upvote 0
Long time lurker, first time poster here. Joining in on all of the fun (I mean madness). I don't have much contribution, but I did hear that UK carriers are delaying shipment to 11/22. I know the majority of folks here are waiting for Verizon, so not sure of the implications. I myself am waiting on a GSM model.

https://twitter.com/#!/ThreeUK/status/136420036616257536

Edit: Also saw that the Galaxy Nexus apparently showed up on Amazon but was removed.

http://www.vzbuzz.com/2011/11/amazon-listing-hints-at-249-99-price-tag-for-galaxy-nexus/

Welcome to the crazy house!

Upvote 0
Good morning, all. Assuming that no definitive release date info comes out by the time I leave the office this afternoon, I'm going to pick up a Rezound (sans accessories and ignoring the included earphones) after work. I'll, naturally, still be following the thread here while evaluating the Rezound and determining if it'll serve my needs or not. Hopefully I'll get to play with the Nexus in a store before I age too much. Either way, this is likely the last day I'll be on my Droid 2. (I'd still be on my OG Droid had Froyo not turned it into an underpowered mess. I didn't believe I should have to rom a phone just to make it work as advertised back then). The Rezound was rooted already, last I heard, but I'll hold off on doing that until I'm certain it won't be returned. I've missed LTE ever since returning my Bionic as it is. Don't let me down, Verizon! Bring on that properly-working Nexus asap!

Upvote 0
Is Verizon consistent on when they make phone announcements (as in usually around the same time of day)?

The only consistent thing about verizon is their bills will go up.

They've been known to announce phones 2 weeks before up to release date and sometimes phones just pop up on their website. Even their email signup page isn't reliable. I still haven't heard anything about the Bionic being released from that thing.

Upvote 0
The only consistent thing about verizon is their bills will go up.

They've been known to announce phones 2 weeks before up to release date and sometimes phones just pop up on their website. Even their email signup page isn't reliable. I still haven't heard anything about the Bionic being released from that thing.

Thanks, but do they usually make announcements around 10 AM EST? 1 PM? Etc... Or is it completely random?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones