• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Bionic was announced at CES last January and you didn't hear anything about the phone until a few weeks before it was released 2 months ago so I will ignore the roasted comment.

They did the same with the Thunderbolt.

When has Verizon ever had a phone announced officially and not spoken a word on it for over a month? Roasted

Edit, Ninja'd back by Roosevelt!

Upvote 0
Then I get a p.m. from the source. In it he confirms just that.
He states corporate reasons.

I missed this part. So it looks like mid-December is what the Love Tunnel confirmed. He wouldn't blame corporate for a release coming in 2 days versus 1 month.

I hate Verizon.

Sometimes I wish this forum wasn't so freaking well-moderated.

(Yeah, that was a back-handed compliment. :p)

You have no idea how much will power it took for me to post that stupid smiley face.

Upvote 0
Yeah, but in the end, who cares what was genuine and what was Windsockish? The bottom line is that it looks like we're either getting Bionic'd, or Verizon is mickey-mousing around and trying to give the RAZR more time to sell.

We don't want it, Verizon. GIVE US THE NEXUS!!!!!

I thought it was tomorrow? But regardless, I put no faith in what he or Matias say about release because they work for Google. Google doesn't know what the frak those idiots are doing.

I was at a very busy VZW store yesterday just outside of a very busy mall in a very populated area. The store rep told me that the entire store only sold 10 RAZR's all weekend (opening weekend - including 11/11/11). VZW is going to report dismal 4th quarter sales after all of this ridiculous behavior.

Google will say what they (and Samsung) have been saying... VZW will give a date whenever they feel like it.

Upvote 0
I do have a small theory on these "leaks"

Everyone here is already angry with Verizon. They know they've handled the situation poorly. If they get all of us to believe the phone is coming mid-December, we become enraged. Google promised us NOVEMBER!!! The phone is released on Thursday, we all forget how mad at Verizon we are because of the surprise. Verizon is now sitting on a golden throne in our minds for not waiting until December, when the entire time they planned to release the 17th. Boom

Upvote 0
I do have a small theory on these "leaks"

Everyone here is already angry with Verizon. They know they've handled the situation poorly. If they get all of us to believe the phone is coming mid-December, we become enraged. Google promised us NOVEMBER!!! The phone is released on Thursday, we all forget how mad at Verizon we are because of the surprise. Verizon is now sitting on a golden throne in our minds for not waiting until December, when the entire time they planned to release the 17th. Boom

I'm on board with that theory.

Upvote 0
From wikipedia:

The Motorola Droid Bionic is an Android-based, 4G LTE-capable smartphone designed by Motorola. It was originally scheduled for release in Q2 2011 but was delayed until September 2011.[1] Verizon announced on September 7 that the Bionic would be released on September 8.
It was introduced at the 2011 Consumer Electronics Show along with the Motorola Atrix 4G, Motorola Xoom, and Motorola CLIQ 2.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Droid_Bionic

Ya, I have. Wanna give me a little timeline of the Bionic official announcement and its release???

Upvote 0
Can anyone clarify the exchange server issues with the SGN that folks were talking about earlier today? Or point me to someone that may be able to clarify further?

Btw, this is my first post in the thread. Been waiting somewhat patiently for the release...kinda maybe.

It's B.S.--- "corporate reasons" = let's sell more RAZR's and Rezounds before we release the Gnex.

Upvote 0
From wikipedia:

The Motorola Droid Bionic is an Android-based, 4G LTE-capable smartphone designed by Motorola. It was originally scheduled for release in Q2 2011 but was delayed until September 2011.[1] Verizon announced on September 7 that the Bionic would be released on September 8.
It was introduced at the 2011 Consumer Electronics Show along with the Motorola Atrix 4G, Motorola Xoom, and Motorola CLIQ 2.

Droid Bionic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sorry guys, I'm just upset and stirring up problems. I'd question and get sassy with any comment.

Reactions: RadYOacTiVe
Upvote 0
I missed this part. So it looks like mid-December is what the Love Tunnel confirmed. He wouldn't blame corporate for a release coming in 2 days versus 1 month.

I hate Verizon.

Sometimes I wish this forum wasn't so freaking well-moderated.

(Yeah, that was a back-handed compliment. :p)

You have no idea how much will power it took for me to post that stupid smiley face.

I'm waiting for Steven to get to work. He wrote that while driving and not typing correctly. Hopefully it is the 17th. the reason i beleive that because he said he was excited. he wouldn't be excited if it was mid December?

Upvote 0
Ya, I have. Wanna give me a little timeline of the Bionic official announcement and its release???

February - Bionic Announced at CES
July- Bionic sign up page goes live
September 8 - Bionic is released

That debacle was much worse than this. Messing up a launch at this magnitude is child's play for Verizon at this point.

I need to remember to refresh before posting :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones