• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope supply is not a problem because I'm test driving a Razr tonight. I just can't deal with having a dumb-phone anymore...and it won't charge. I do hope the phone is released soon, but i won't be able to jump online and order it...I'll have to go in store, return the Razr (if I decide the Gnex is better), and purchase the new phone (plus $35). It all seems smart to me.

Am I missing anything?

Sounds right to me. and the extended return window should help!

Upvote 0
Just got off the phone with Kegan from Verizon Wireless office of the president. We bwgan with a cordial conversation about the Gnex. He said hes excited as well and cant wait for ICS. I asked if he could tell me when we could expect the Galaxy Nexus. He said unfortunately no. The upper execs are keeping that information tight lipped right now. I explained that with the Christmas season approaching, I would like to make plans and save the right amount to purchase it when it comes out. I asked if he could tell me the price point for the phone. Again he said that is not being released but it will be in line with the pricing of current smartphones on sale at Verizon now. We talked for a few more minutes and I asked again about the date only to be shot down again. I stared to hang up when he stopped me and said he noticed that I was due for a $50 discount on my next phone and that he wanted to give me an additional $50 off the Nexus when it comes out. He was making a note on my account and he said that he would call me back as soon as he heard anything. I laughed and said "so I'll know before most everyone else" and he laughed and said I will know when he knows.

All I got.

Thanks for Trying! :)

Upvote 0
Just got off the phone with Kegan from Verizon Wireless office of the president. We bwgan with a cordial conversation about the Gnex. He said hes excited as well and cant wait for ICS. I asked if he could tell me when we could expect the Galaxy Nexus. He said unfortunately no. The upper execs are keeping that information tight lipped right now. I explained that with the Christmas season approaching, I would like to make plans and save the right amount to purchase it when it comes out. I asked if he could tell me the price point for the phone. Again he said that is not being released but it will be in line with the pricing of current smartphones on sale at Verizon now. We talked for a few more minutes and I asked again about the date only to be shot down again. I stared to hang up when he stopped me and said he noticed that I was due for a $50 discount on my next phone and that he wanted to give me an additional $50 off the Nexus when it comes out. He was making a note on my account and he said that he would call me back as soon as he heard anything. I laughed and said "so I'll know before most everyone else" and he laughed and said I will know when he knows.

All I got.

Which means we will know right after that? ;)

Upvote 0

All I got.

Thanks for the info and congrats on getting another $50 off the phone.

That is pretty sweet.

Upvote 0
Oh wait! I forgot something! I asked if the rumor that the delay is caused because of problems with the phone and he sai ABSOLUTELY NOT. The phone is ready to go. It's a matter of timing not problems. All testing came back fine.

Matter of timing... hm. Seems to line up with the promotional map. Probably the dang marketing department holding it up.

Upvote 0
nexus nexus nexus nexus nexus nexus nexus nexus nexus nexus nexus nexus nexus nexus nexus nexus nexus nexus nexus nexus nexus nexus nexus nexus nexus nexus nexus nexus nexus nexus
That was 30 times, btw :)

THIS THREAD IS OFFICIALLY A GIGA THREAD :D:D

bDHg.jpeg

This makes Roosevelt happy
trlaughing.jpg

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones