• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
man i feel like a little outnumbered..went to go check out the rezound today. The screen was nice, but maybe it's just me, but there wasn't too much of a difference between the Razr and Rezound (man i hate the htc name). I really didn't want to buy a razr/rezound and return it for $35 restocking fee, but my X2 is freezing up all the time. And today--haven't received quite a few text msgs. I just don't want to throw away $35 for the sake of a phone--though I'm an android enthusiast! but its going to the SGN or nothing for me. Torn if i should just switch temporarily to the Razr/Rezound.
I work in the Surgery in a local hospital and was fielded a question about a medication, tried to pull up Lexicomp and my phone froze up. So now this is effecting both professionally and personally a tad now...
torn..

Upvote 0
OK, just got back from my Verizon store. My guy wasn't there today and the only employees in the store where the manager and another lady who was trying to sell this kid a RAZR. I didn't want to bother asking either of them. The kid asked about the Galaxy Prime (not up to speed obviously) and she said "I have no idea."

On to the RAZR and Rezound. The RAZR screen was a disappointment to me and I didn't like the way it felt in my hand. Camera was average (no surprise since it's Motorola). It was snappy enough though. Not interested at all. The Rezound was very nice. Great screen, very snappy, nice camera and Sense was nice. My biggest problem with the Rezound is it's thickness. Don't know if I could get around that. Maybe. At least it doesn't have any movable buttons (like the ones chipping on my DX) and it will get ICS.

I could almost see myself getting one and then seeing what's out at our next upgrade in April. I think my wife would like the Rezound. I won't get really itchy until Dec. 10th-17th because that's my wedding anniversary and the day my school semester ends. I'm pretty busy until then.

Upvote 0
OK, just got back from my Verizon store. My guy wasn't there today and the only employees in the store where the manager and another lady who was trying to sell this kid a RAZR. I didn't want to bother asking either of them. The kid asked about the Galaxy Prime (not up to speed obviously) and she said "I have no idea."

On to the RAZR and Rezound. The RAZR screen was a disappointment to me and I didn't like the way it felt in my hand. Camera was average (no surprise since it's Motorola). It was snappy enough though. Not interested at all. The Rezound was very nice. Great screen, very snappy, nice camera and Sense was nice. My biggest problem with the Rezound is it's thickness. Don't know if I could get around that. Maybe. At least it doesn't have any movable buttons (like the ones chipping on my DX) and it will get ICS.

I could almost see myself getting one and then seeing what's out at our next upgrade in April. I think my wife would like the Rezound. I won't get really itchy until Dec. 10th-17th because that's my wedding anniversary and the day my school semester ends. I'm pretty busy until then.

Cue the post about the kid who "played dumb" by asking for the galaxy prime. :)

Upvote 0
I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I kind of want to get the iPhone 4s to tide me over until the galaxy nexus... just to see what it's like on the other side.

Be careful about that... I know that in some retail stores (not corporate stores, I don't know about them) all apple sales are final - they don't honor the return policy... just be sure to double check.

Upvote 0
I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I kind of want to get the iPhone 4s to tide me over until the galaxy nexus... just to see what it's like on the other side.

The iphone is a very nice and great device, but it is a very very different experience from Android. Try it and you might just like or love it. I did and it wasn't for me, but it was for my wife.

At least with Apple you'll never have to worry about release dates or software updates.

Upvote 0
Be careful about that... I know that in some retail stores (not corporate stores, I don't know about them) all apple sales are final - they don't honor the return policy... just be sure to double check.

You have 2 weeks at Verizon and if you buy the phone outright from Apple you'll have 30 days.

Upvote 0
Having played with the ReZound today, I will say that the screen is pretty sweet. I zoomed in on several web pages and photos I took with ZERO pixelation. I am stoked for the GNEX!
I'm hoping the SGN has good audio for music. I have a pair of ear buds in my head a lot, for working out, walking the dogs, even at work a lot of the time.

That remains to be seen. Nexus will have Pentile, while the HTC device doesn't. The reviews so far say that the HTC's display is breathtaking, and that you can't find pixelation even if you try.

I'm sure the Nexus won't have any problems at that high a resolution, but it remains to be seen. Pics of it comparing it to other phones, in my opinion, are worthless because of the artifact from the camera taking the picture, and I assume there are limitations imposed by my laptop's monitor as well.

I'll have to judge it with my eyeballs, in person.

Upvote 0
I agree that pugs are great dogs. I would have never chosen them as my first choice initially, but my ex wanted them, and then didn't want them in the divorce. I have been in love with them since the day we went to see them as puppies. I wish I had named them Yin and Yang though, as one is fawn and the other is black. They take great pics, but not with my current phone, which is one of the many reasons, I need the NEXUS!!!!!

I read somewhere that T-Mobile is getting the GNEX, but nobody knows when. If VZW keeps taking so long, I will consider jumping ship to go with the unlimited data offered on T-Mobile, although that's their only draw, IMO.
I hope your right!!! I'll probably never get anything but a pug...However, I may get a bulldog one day....they're pretty darn expensive though. Ours name is Ollie...he's a nut!!!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones