• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
But I don't want discounts or another phone to hold me over.....I want the Galaxy Nexus...........wahhhhhhhhhhhh

But in all seriousness, it's no surprise that they would give you discounts and the same service if they thought you might be unhappy enough to leave Verizon. It varies by who you talk to, but they all will be willing to give you something to keep you from leaving.

What they can't give is what we all here want.

Upvote 0
Hey ladies and gentlemen, I sent an email earlier to the Vice President of National Customer service, got an email back asking for my cell number, just got a call back. Here are the main points:

Hey I missed the preface - VP of National Customer Service of Verizon Wireless?

I'm not going to ask for it but how'd you manage to get his e-mail if you don't mind telling (makes sense if you don't).

Upvote 0
He's supposed to be Turkish. Some say his father was German. Nobody ever believed he was real. Nobody ever knew him or saw anybody that ever worked directly for him. But to hear Kobayashi tell it, anybody could have worked for Steven59. You never knew; that was his power. The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

And like that - POOF! - he's gone!

Upvote 0
Stopped by BestBuy today to see if they had a laptop case that would fit my new Asus G73SW but nothing was big enough. New laptop is a beast in so many ways...all of them great! On my way out stopped at the cellular area and looked at the "dummy" phone for the Rezound and I personally thought it felt clunky, definitely not for me. Much bigger than the Inc2 as I held them up side by side. They didn't have a Razr but that's quite okay I wasn't really considering it. I don't think I could even use the rental peiod on either of these two phones as I feel my DX can tide me over until Verizon decides to remove their skull from their behind and releases the Nexus.

just my .02

I have a G73JW, so trust me, you won't find anything to fit that in a Best Buy short of a huge Swissgear, which go out of stock fast. I've been getting by with the free one I got from Asus. Enjoy your laptop!

Back on topic, I could have held on to using my Droid 2, but as I'd mentioned in a post elsewhere, I'd been unhappy with it after using the Bionic for a week and I really didn't want to wipe it again. Gingerbread really did a number on it, though not as bad as what Froyo did to my OG Droid. I picked up the Rezound with the knowledge that I could be happy with it for the next two years. In fact, it was originally my first choice over the GNex (please, no bottle-hurtling ala The Blues Brothers, since I'm all out of chicken wire...). If it disappoints me, it goes back to Verizon, GNex or no GNex. I'm still opposed to the whole renting a phone thing just for the sake of impatience, but some people need a new device asap to stay productive or maintain a standard of usability. My fervent hope is that the GNex is all that everyone here wishes it to be, any hype aside. Because as frustrating as waiting for it is, I'm sure disappointment in it after a long wait would be even more crushing. if i find the GNex does better in daylight, has way improved battery life over my Rezound, etc, then I see that as a valid return for my lifestyle needs as opposed to "I'm bored with this now" or "Ooh, look, that one's newer and shinier!" Mind you, had the GNex released "when it was supposed to" (i say in quotes since Verizon never promised it to us on a date, but we kinda know the deal here is), i'd have been able to compare and contrast and pick a phone for certain the first time. Technically, I've created a hassle for myself now, but at least 1) I can REALLY see how much I like this phone which a short time in a VZW store doesn't afford me, and 2) I'll know more of what I'm looking to see in the GNex that would defeat any shortcomings my current unit has. And I'll never have to go through "I wonder if I would have liked this/that phone better instead of the choice I made" for this 2-yr commitment. Hell, it'll be harder for me to find something to replace my wife's Octane with that she'll actually like. :D

Upvote 0
Hey ladies and gentlemen, I sent an email earlier to the Vice President of National Customer service, got an email back asking for my cell number, just got a call back. Here are the main points:

1. He says that he is not aware of a specific launch date, and that even in his department they don't know until a day or two ahead of time, but that they would definitely want to start selling it before Black Friday.

2. I told him that I was disappointed in the lack of info and that I was either considering going to AT&T or "renting" an HTC device (yeah, I said it.) He replied that he would appreciate it if I didn't do that, and that he would be more than happy to send me another phone that I could return once the SGN came out "which wouldn't be very long at all, maybe a week or two at the most".

3. He reset my return/exchange grace period and I can now take advantage of the extended holiday return period in case I don't like the Nexus (ha!)

4. He applied another $50 loyalty discount to my account.

5. I'm getting a "like new" DINC2 tomorrow via FedEx to hold me over.

Guys, I know that I will sound like a total windsock, but Verizon really impressed me today.

My hope is renewed, my hope is renewed!!!

man_on_beach_praising_God_-300x198.jpg

I also just spoke to a Rep on the phone that just like us is truly impressed with phone. She was truly helpful and was digging for more info. She came across something when I asked for a date and said to hold on for a minute. She came back and said she spoke to a supervisor and he said "no official date but that they wanted to start selling it b4 black Friday"!! Take with a grain of salt. But I think next week is looking really good.

Upvote 0
Hey I missed the preface - VP of National Customer Service of Verizon Wireless?

I'm not going to ask for it but how'd you manage to get his e-mail if you don't mind telling (makes sense if you don't).

LOL jamor your Avatar is the most distracting think while I'm trying to read posts while being distracted from working by this forum! lol :p

Reactions: jamor
Upvote 0
Guys, I can't believe how good I feel. This thing could come out December 31 and I wouldn't mind!

Yes, I was wrong. Verizon is not immoral, and they're not Dbags, and I love them!!

I don't care if I sound like a whiny little Windsock! I want the whole world to know!!

I think I'm going to change my avatar to this:

188013_217581278252288_7465098_n.jpg

ok, someone get the thorazine - H.Lo has clearly lost it...

Upvote 0
Guys, I can't believe how good I feel. This thing could come out December 31 and I wouldn't mind!

Yes, I was wrong. Verizon is not immoral, and they're not Dbags, and I love them!!

I don't care if I sound like a whiny little Windsock! I want the whole world to know!!

I think I'm going to change my avatar to this:

188013_217581278252288_7465098_n.jpg

Wow, you are cheap.

Upvote 0
I also just spoke to a Rep on the phone that just like us is truly impressed with phone. She was truly helpful and was digging for more info. She came across something when I asked for a date and said to hold on for a minute. She came back and said she spoke to a supervisor and he said "no official date but that they wanted to start selling it b4 balk Friday"!! Take with a grain of salt. But I think next week is looking really good.

Yeah, I'm still waiting to hear back from my friend's friend who said Black Friday. Perhaps he was saying BY Black Friday? If/when he responds to the "how firm" question, I'll pass it along. But the "by Black Friday" thing seems to be gaining traction and is being communicated by a few VZW people now...Take it with a pile of NaCl though...

Upvote 0
I appreciate the little renewed optimism for the 21st, but I think I'll be happier if I just plan on it happening on the 28th. Also, even if the new software was testing on the 14th or 15th, isn't that a little soon to launch on the 21st? Presuming you need 5 days for testing AND a day or two to announce the launch before launching. Then again, this also lines up with the earlier reports we had instructing people to finish training this weekend. Oh...I don't know! Just counting on the 28th, hope to either be right or pleasantly surprised.

Upvote 0
I also just spoke to a Rep on the phone that just like us is truly impressed with phone. She was truly helpful and was digging for more info. She came across something when I asked for a date and said to hold on for a minute. She came back and said she spoke to a supervisor and he said "no official date but that they wanted to start selling it b4 black Friday"!! Take with a grain of salt. But I think next week is looking really good.

Going from a couple days ago when after calling they new nothing, to now 2 different people say the same exact thing. Yeah buddy!!!

I quoted myself, kinda weird.

Upvote 0
So, I I'm kind of confused. I was caught up to page 610, and now everyone's all excited and the title of the thread says the release date is 12/17. What happened?

I really don't know why there is a date in the title. Nobody has a clue what it will be...........Why bother? You might as well put, "Sometime in the future." But then again, why bother?

Upvote 0
So, assuming we all have real jobs that have not received the attention they deserve because we are distracted by this thread, here is what I came up with as the real jobs of the regulars around here and you can make the leap as to how that has impacted the world economy.

NinJak Public Relations Director - Penn State
HanSolo Defender of the universe, part-time mechanic and pilot
Travillon Campaign Manager - Herman Cain for President
OfTheDamned Bookie
CaptainRon Prime Minister - Greece
BabyBlues US/Mexico Border Patrol
nj02vette Android Forums Guide
gapi Patent Lawyer - Samsung
EarlyMon Wake Up Call Operator - Marriott
Trooper Customer Relations - Bank of America
MichaelWestbrook Occupy Wall Street Movement
drandrew18 Filmmaker - Dreamworks
Steven58 Verizon Executive in charge of preparing new releases

Upvote 0
:: starts writing dozens of emails to execs in hopes for extra $50 rebate :D ::

If anyone starts writing emails to corporate people, can you please not mention me? They've got my email address which is also hansolo and I don't want to be linked back to it. Now that I love them, I don't want them to think that I'm a Dbag.

Ok....can we make Han a Guide yet? Has he not earned it yet or is he too cutting edge with his "personality". :)

Guide Hans - such a nice ring to it. ;)

I think I'm a little too "out there" to ever be considered as a Guide or a Mod. And that's okay with me. If I was ever promoted, I would feel like I have to be "nicer" and more "respectful" and I think my sense of humor would die a slow death. I'm happy just being a member. But thanks, that was nice!

Han... first he said that they don't tell him the release date until a day or two before. Then he later tells you that he read something about the 21st? He sounds like he is speaking with a forked tongue.

Yes, in my excitement it got muddled up. He mentioned the 21st as a date that he saw, but emphasized that it's in no way guaranteed and that his department wouldn't know the definite, solid date until right up to the end.

Upvote 0
I appreciate the little renewed optimism for the 21st, but I think I'll be happier if I just plan on it happening on the 28th. Also, even if the new software was testing on the 14th or 15th, isn't that a little soon to launch on the 21st? Presuming you need 5 days for testing AND a day or two to announce the launch before launching. Then again, this also lines up with the earlier reports we had instructing people to finish training this weekend. Oh...I don't know! Just counting on the 28th, hope to either be right or pleasantly surprised.

I agree with you. I'd love to see the 21st. But that would mean, at minimum, devices and promo materials would need to be shipped tomorrow to be there a business day before the launch. I just don't see that happening in light of the "5 days" of testing.

Edit: Maybe green light on 11/21. Materials shipped. Device sold on 11/23? Just in time for BF.

Reactions: Travillion
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones