• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions: atrayn22
Upvote 0
...new guy to the forum... I have been waiting for the Nexus like the rest of you but,
I held a Rezound today in the store. Excellent 720p display. Not as big in the hand as I thought it was going to feel. It actually felt really nice in my hand. Nice design. 1.5 dual core. 8 mp camera.
Hate to say it but I might not be able to hold on much longer... Somebody slap me and talk me back down...

welcome!

personally, the integrated ICS/google experience is what i'm holdin out for. some may like sense, but i use the gapps constantly even more now with G+. all the videos really seem to highlight this. there's no way i would settle for a GB phone with ICS around the corner. there's no telling how much ICS is gunna get sensed- blurred- or whizzed over.

only thing that may appeal to others, is waiting for custom ROMS. IMO it's great to play with, but the bugs drive me crazy.

i'll take stock ICS anyday.

Reactions: Puchkey and bdub
Upvote 0
You've had a preorder through 3rd party retailer since the 27th?

Yeah, basically he went into a non-corporate VZW reseller and they agreed to "pre-order" the SGN for him. Basically they took his money and will give him an SGN when they get one. Not the same thing as a corporate VZW store or VZW online pre-order.

It doesn't even have a model number on the receipt.

Reactions: chanop
Upvote 0
https://market.android.com/music is officially launched.

I already bought a song!

So now they're offering the same service as a dozen other companies? I do like the Google Music though. It's why I'm not concerned about no SD slot on the Nexus. Google Music has been around a while though, it was invite only but I signed up when it first started Beta and got an invite in less than 24 hours. As far as the free song, the Music Beta has been offering a free song a day for a while (and it looks like it's a different free song than the Music Store one)..

I wonder how long before Music shows up in the Android Market App.

P.S. I want my new phone. I at least want to know when I'll be able to get it :(

Upvote 0
Interesting! Is someone going to call and ask when the Nexus is releasing? I'd do it but there are too many people around me.

I think a few people from the other forum tried but couldn't get through. Someone went as far as to call a nearby business, play dumb on directions then say "oh, are you near that verizon store?" and the other business confirmed that.

So far, the receipt looks legit, but I'm not a great photoshop detector :)

Upvote 0
You've had a preorder through 3rd party retailer since the 27th?

yea. my receipt looks identical to that. they took my order and said that i would receive a phone call and email notifying me when the nexus was available. and that the receipt was my proof of getting one on day one when its available.

Reactions: chanop
Upvote 0
Plus (+), Spotify is so Facebook

Google music also plays nice with Linux. Spotify? Not so much. Rdio works just as fine as Spotify. But like its been said above. I like owning my media. Thats why I have terabytes and terabytes of storage.... and boxes and boxes--rooms of boxes of music. What? I used to run a store. No, Im not that guy from the episode of hoarders who ran a music store and bought a warehouse to store his music.... but I may be one day. Ah, one day.

Reactions: drbugsmn
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones