• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, the one I held felt like a toy. Just seemed flimsy, like you could fold it in half. It was also uncomfortable.

The Vigor felt much better. Looked better too. And not as thick as people exaggerate it to be........

I would like to see one in person, but am too afraid to go to the store and get SOLD! Come on G'Nex!

Upvote 0
This is probably a dumb question, but I'm going to ask anyway. On the camera video that somebody posted, what is the story with the panoramic mode? The picture is extremely short (about one inch of the screen in height). Is that typical for panoramic mode? The image doesn't even fill the screen (maybe width wise it does).

Panorama means wide side to side? The w i d e image is probably compressed to fit the screen. If you were to print it out on larger paper or view it on a larger monitor it would be "thicker".

I guess I don't understand your question.

Reactions: jdduncan11
Upvote 0
I told him last week that the day this phone is released is the next day I'm taking off, no matter what.

Good thing I work for my husband and his brother. :D:D:D I can get away with making statements like that.

Of course I also get stuck here at the office these stinking late hours....

hey at least your getting one day off just to play with the phone

Upvote 0
This is probably a dumb question, but I'm going to ask anyway. On the camera video that somebody posted, what is the story with the panoramic mode? The picture is extremely short (about one inch of the screen in height). Is that typical for panoramic mode? The image doesn't even fill the screen (maybe width wise it does).

The panoramic mode requires taking multiple full size pictures (side by side by side), so in order to display it on the screen it has to be shrunk down. Make sense? You can always transfer it to a computer and you should be able to see it a lot better.

Reactions: jdduncan11
Upvote 0
Latest from Kellex:

Btw, these rumors of November 28 appear to be coming from indirect VZW retailers. Chance of the 21st at corporate stores still?

I really hope this is the case. I'm going to SFO on black Friday for the weekend to watch ND/Stanford and would like my phone to work at the game. In my experience, AT&T doesn't work at all in large crowds, whereas my girlfriend's Verizon phone works flawlessly. I really wanted to switch to Verizon before then, but I would feel very guilty if I just "rented" a phone.

Long story short -- PLEASE release this phone before thanksgiving.

Upvote 0
Panorama means wide side to side? The w i d e image is probably compressed to fit the screen. If you were to print it out on larger paper or view it on a larger monitor it would be "thicker".

I guess I don't understand your question.

Thanks. That make ssense. It would need to be compressed to fit the wider image. Just wasn't thinking I guess :p

Upvote 0
a friend of mine came by tonight, and low and behold he has a new rezound. ill tell you this, IMO that is one heck of a phone. i loved the screen, and if the gnex has a higher ppi and better picture i will be MORE than happy to wait for it. its not nearly as thick as some people make it out to be and actually felt quite nice in the hand. he said the reason he went with the rezound over the razr was he thought the razr was so thin that it was actually awkward to hold and felt uncomfortable. this was the boost i needed to keep faith and hold on until the end for the gnex, because if ICS is as great as the build up is and the screen is a nice as we hope, it will be well worth the wait

Upvote 0
a friend of mine came by tonight, and low and behold he has a new rezound. ill tell you this, IMO that is one heck of a phone. i loved the screen, and if the gnex has a higher ppi and better picture i will be MORE than happy to wait for it. its not nearly as thick as some people make it out to be and actually felt quite nice in the hand. he said the reason he went with the rezound over the razr was he thought the razr was so thin that it was actually awkward to hold and felt uncomfortable. this was the boost i needed to keep faith and hold on until the end for the gnex, because if ICS is as great as the build up is and the screen is a nice as we hope, it will be well worth the wait

I went by a local VZW store to check out the Rezound tonight, and I've seen the Razr before. I agree that the resolution on the Rezound looks great, but the colors didn't really pop. I preferred the colors on the Razr's screen. I also preferred the look of the Razr, but I like thin phones. The Rezound was much too thick for me...I'm hoping the Nexus is thinner.

All that being said, both are great phones. I'd probably go Razr if the Nexus wasn't available.

Upvote 0
C'mon, I remember you from the Dinc pre-release. We were all pretty much wired and there was a lot of VZW store lurking/sketchy 'manager' quotes being taken as gospel/etc going on back then. This thread looks awfully familiar to me ;)

True....but the lurking/sketchy/etc never caused us to lose our focus.....we weren't even TEMPTED to look at another phone...ha ha...good times!:p

Upvote 0
I actually would like to try to get this Google+ idea up and running.

I started a Google+ page called Android Forums Galaxy Nexus.

Send a message to that page with your username and you'll be added to a circle. I'll keep sharing the circle when I add new people.

The end goal? I'll get a list of everyone here that uses Google+ and in turn share that list with all the same people, so we can all know who the others are. Live chat, video hangouts, whatever we want.

Just send a message to Android Forums Galaxy Nexus with your username (I'll keep a running list of user names vs real names so we know who is who) and you'll be added to my circle to be re-shared.

Let's see who's interested.

Reactions: scottg96
Upvote 0

The Gnex has a lower ppi than the Rezound.

Upvote 0
Finally took a stroll through the verizon store down the street (no worries, just wanted to handle the R phones after seeing so much about them), and I have to say I totally agree with people that the Razr just doesnt feel right at least in my hands. It feels/looks like something that used to be thicker but somebody smashed it thinner and the excess squirted out the sides. Just weird to hold.

The um, HTC device was pretty mice though. Echoing so many on here, the thickness wasn't an issue. That being said the 28th really is looking like the day. All these other dates are hopeful but not likely, all these ppl hearing 28th in one day looks great.

Ps im typing on a phone sorry for w/e typos got thrown in there!

Upvote 0
I am sure I could find this out somewhere else or even earlier in this mega thread but, I'm agonna ask it here.

Is it true that there will be a 16gb AND 32gb version of the SGN?

I would think the 16gb would be at a price point of $299 with 2 year contract? Does anyone "know" the 32gb price with 2year contract? Ya think maybe $399 with 2 year contract?

Cloud services have been great for me for mobile access. Dropbox put an end to my need for memory sticks, for example. I have been using google music beta for a while, Picasa and photobucket for pics, etc.
I would think I would settle for the 16bg version. What do y'all think?

Upvote 0

basically, it's gotta fit a really long picture on a 4-inch wide screen. if you want to fit the entire width of the pic on the screen, you gotta shrink it down keeping the aspect ratio intact.

Upvote 0
For those of you who quoted my last post about what's out and what's best:

I apologize.

Steven is right. It's win-win-win. Everyone gets a great phone. Nexus may come out buggier than an insect collection... and that's why that original message isn't there anymore.

Even I mess up and type stupid sometimes, and I'll own up to it. :)

Reactions: SamMax
Upvote 0
Went to the Verizon Store and played with the Rezound. It's a nice phone, and conveniently they had it side by side with the Razr. To me, both phones are great, and it would be a toss up if I had to choose between them. That said, neither phone knocked my socks off to the point that I'd get off the GNex bandwagon.

Of course I asked the rep about the GNex, and she told me that she knew about it but had no idea when they were getting it in. She did plug the Razr really hard, and told me that if I decided to get a Razr, to call her so she could hold one for me, because they're selling so fast. LOL That made me smile.

Come on VZW, give us something! The Rezound and Razr are cool, but we want the Galaxy Nexus with Ice Cream Sandwich goodness! Throw us a fricking bone here!

you should of told her, " hopefully they sell fast, so they release the Gnex." LoL

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones