• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
It shouldn't be. The Charge was by Samsung and has LTE. Unless Samsung went with a completely different radio then nothing should change.

That makes sense, but then what could the problem be? Many phones have been released with software problems that could be fixed with an OTA. I don't know if I buy the Exchange problem, again OTA fix. Not sure?:thinking:

Upvote 0
If I plan to purchase via Best Buy, do you guys think they will have them up for pre-order like the Dinc or will I have to wait until it's out officially from VZW to then order it? I have $50 in BB gift cards, so I wanted to use that to offset the tax I'll have to pay.

Or will me having to purchase through BB mean I'll have to wait a while to get the phone?

Upvote 0
So you're telling me there's a chance.

There's always a chance.

While week of 21 is good, I had hoped to have the phone before then and get the new-phone fun out of the way. The wife is due the 20th and having a brand new phone just as she goes into labor could be very, very bad.

Congrats on new addition!

Upvote 0
That makes sense, but then what could the problem be? Many phones have been released with software problems that could be fixed with an OTA. I don't know if I buy the Exchange problem, again OTA fix. Not sure?:thinking:

I for one don't want to encourage this. Release it working correctly, or hold it back. We've become acustomed to released products that don't work, and that's not right.

Reactions: zx10droid
Upvote 0
While week of 21 is good, I had hoped to have the phone before then and get the new-phone fun out of the way. The wife is due the 20th and having a brand new phone just as she goes into labor could be very, very bad.

You'll have a great camera to take pictures though! Think off the panorama shot you can take in the labor room!

Reactions: harpua
Upvote 0
I have to check in for the night. Could someone PM me and let me know if Han's sister comes back with a response to his last txt: "I just hope that she’s not assuming Monday, and that they actually said it..." Like its been said. By the time I get to check this tomorrow, it'll be a mess trying to track that answer down. Thanks! And happy dreams, dreamers

Upvote 0
Come on Monday...

I have a corporate discount... just to see how it worked, I went through the steps of pre-ordering a RAZR and my discount didn't apply for the pre-order. Once the RAZR was released, I could go through the steps and the discount was there.

So, I am going to be release + 1 day. I have to wait until it's actually available, then order. My work schedule is also up in the air for next week. I am supposed to be off all week, but, may end up working to get a project out, so, on Monday, I'll know if I am working on Tuesday, but, any later and I won't know if I am working the next day until around 6:00 p.m., too late to pick a destination for my overnight delivery.

Anyone ever tried to apply a corporate discount in store? FWIW, the RAZR and ReZound are listed at $249 with the discount, I expect the GN to be the same. I am coming over from AT&T (and an iPhone), so, no account that already reflects the discount.

(back to lurking)

Upvote 0
Guys! Good news!

My sister texted and said she could tell me the date she has heard. She said that others in her office were seeing it online in several areas, so it’s not a secret.

She says:

I texted back:

She texted back:

I just wanna give you a big smooch!! come here you....

kissing_baby.gif_thumb.jpg

no homo
you should've done the "I have good news, I'll post when I get near a computer" :D. JK we love you too Steven :)

Upvote 0
Hope it is monday and at the worst the week of this upcoming monday. Really getting hard to keep ones cool (frustration of no release date) when others starting running with it. Gives too much hope. I'd rather be negative and be unphased when it comes out in december than super ecstatic and super disappointed when it comes out in december.

Lets hope it is the 21st and if anything sometime that week.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones