• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all, I have been watching the thread for a couple of weeks now and am super excited to get this phone. Don't know if this was posted, but I just wanted to say that the google nexus page has changed and has the dimensions for the LTE version of the nexus (its a little bit thicker) as well as the battery size (which we all knew to be 1850mAh thanks to Steven and the Source) and a few videos of the device which include Verizon branding. Thought you all wanted to know! Good luck with the wait!

Upvote 0
Hey all, I have been watching the thread for a couple of weeks now and am super excited to get this phone. I just wanted to say that the google nexus page has changed and has the dimensions for the LTE version of the nexus (its a little bit thicker) as well as the battery size (which we all knew to be 1850mAh thanks to Steven and the Source) and a few videos of the device which include Verizon branding. Thought you all wanted to know! Good luck with the wait!

Thanks for the info and welcome. Glad you decided to join the madness. :D

Upvote 0
Hello - long time lurker, rare poster (first time in this thread anyway). I've been patiently waiting on this phone, and am glad it seems like we have a firm time frame now. I'm taking next week off, so hopefully I can get the phone pretty quickly after it is released.

I'm currently on an OG Droid that has served well on the whole, but is definitely showing its age these days. Went into a local Verizon store on Monday to look at the R phones (figured I owed it to myself to look at them up close at least once). Admittedly, they both looked really good - but neither have ICS, and that just looks too good to pass up. I mentioned the Nexus to one salesman, and he got awfully non-committal, although he did say he thought maybe by Black Friday. At least he acknowledged that the phone exists. :)

Anyway, just thought I'd come out of my cave for a minute this morning. Hang in with me folks - we're in the home stretch now.

Upvote 0
Hello - long time lurker, rare poster (first time in this thread anyway). I've been patiently waiting on this phone, and am glad it seems like we have a firm time frame now. I'm taking next week off, so hopefully I can get the phone pretty quickly after it is released.

I'm currently on an OG Droid that has served well on the whole, but is definitely showing its age these days. Went into a local Verizon store on Monday to look at the R phones (figured I owed it to myself to look at them up close at least once). Admittedly, they both looked really good - but neither have ICS, and that just looks too good to pass up. I mentioned the Nexus to one salesman, and he got awfully non-committal, although he did say he thought maybe by Black Friday. At least he acknowledged that the phone exists. :)

Anyway, just thought I'd come out of my cave for a minute this morning. Hang in with me folks - we're in the home stretch now.

Thanks for stopping by.

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
9.47 mm is still thinner than the iPhone isn't it?
iP4S is 9.3mm 130g

GNex is 9.47 150g. So it's slightly thicker and weighs a little bit more. It's also dwarfs the iPhone in size.

How much thicker does that translate to in real life? About the thickness of a sheet of decent paper.

How much extra weight? 4 nickels worth.

Upvote 0
iP4S is 9.3mm 130g

GNex is 9.47 150g. So it's slightly thicker and weighs a little bit more. It's also dwarfs the iPhone in size.

How much thicker does that translate to in real life? About the thickness of a sheet of decent paper.

Awesome, and that's with a 1850 mah battery, can't wait to get this phone

Upvote 0
Morning folks. Just caught up from last nights news! Fantastic.
Now, I just have to figure out how I can manage to make it through a day of work on Monday before getting my phone :thinking:
Thankfully I have Tuesday off :)
Just want to say a huge thanks to Steven, Han and congrats to the new team of Guides here!
Thank%2Byou.jpg

Can't wait to spend the coming weeks with a great team of Nexusers :D

Reactions: Steven58
Upvote 0
Good Morning GNexers! I see we have some pretty good news, in a new date (well w/o date). Not quite as good as seeing it pop up on VZW website this morning, but at least its not pushed back to the two weeks away mark again, like it seemed to be doing for a while. Thanks to both Han and Steven for their hard work chasing down this info, and to Han's sister and The Source for graciously keeping us in the know.

Oh and thanks to vette for pointing out the GNex google site has gone live, and also, had we already confirmed it had two mics? That was news to me. Man it feels good to be back.

Upvote 0
good morning nexlings. thanks to Hans sister(and hans of course) as well as stevens source(s), it was a good day for information late in the day yesterday and through last night. i think now that it seems more and more people are becoming in the know, today or at the latest tomorrow we will have a rock solid leak that we will all be very happy with :D

Reactions: Steven58
Upvote 0
iP4S is 9.3mm 130g

IPhone 4s is actually 140g

Apple iPhone 4S specs

Makes the difference between IPhone 4S and GNex even less noticable.

Upvote 0
iP4S is 9.3mm 130g

Also, if I remember hearing correctly, that thickness is based on the thickest part of the phone, which is the hump at the bottom. The rest of the phone will definitely be thinner than the iPhone if that's true.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones