• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup. Me too! Welp, I went down to the Verizon wireless store in the hopes of seeing one of these babies. My customer service representative was not there today. Bruce is his name. Bruce was not there today. So my trip down to the store? A total waste, epic failure.

I have no news. I have no phone. I have no more information. Frustrating. In fact this guy didn't know very much about smart phones I had to help the customer there myself.

Must I do everything? :p

Anyway I'm truly disappointed. I was hoping to walk out of the store at least Pre-purchasing the phone. I asked the CSR can at least buy the phone now? He said no you can't do that.

I really thought today was the day for me. Oh well.

You could always call ahead, make sure Bruce is there, then go over again and possibly order it! :D

Just trying to help! :p

Upvote 0
Reactions: Jon Nale and crt134
Upvote 0

herr kommandant. I just can't help but think of it.

original.jpg

Upvote 0
Also HTC phones are famous for the signal bar to be off. the Dinc had that. I would have only one bar showing but it really had 3 to 4. But either way HTC has good radios. been using them for the past 4 years and NEVER had a problem with reception. so yes, he might have a lemon

Open Signal Maps, free in the Market, is your one true indicator of 3G performance with any phone. ;)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Thanks. So other than the phones4u release in the UK and others getting it next week, we have no other info about a VZW/US release. Lovely. :(

Don't be so sad, there is still a lot of things pointing towards a release next week (monday, tuesday, or wednesday). A lot more things than the straws we were holding onto for the 17th and previous days.

Upvote 0
Must I do everything? :p

Sorry Steven you and your source have given us so much information so far we now have elected you to do everything. If the stores and web do not have it here real soon we are sending you to the MAN and you are to force them to release it.

Sorry about that I sincerely hope you have big shoulders to carry all this weight.

Reactions: Steven58
Upvote 0
Well, the tech sites are all making their rounds on the news that it comes with two Verizon apps. And of course everyone is up in arms.

I wouldn't really classify a program that lets you check minutes/messages/data usage as "bloatware". Or even an app that lets you back up contacts. Of course you can do that with Google as well, but it is useful.

The VCast stuff is bloat. Blockbuster is bloat. CityID is bloat.

Other than those two Verizon apps, which I'm positive you can at least hide or even totally remove, and the battery cover, which might be replaceable with the HSPA cover if it REALLY bothers you that much, this phone is totally unbranded. Are we really complaining about the little things now?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones