• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else a little worried, on no other 21st rumors/confirmations, and a lack of release on the samsung illusion and BB Curve?

No. I think that any marketing materials from last week are now meaningless in regards to a specific release date. The phone is in testing. When "the man" actually decides to give the green light to begin sales is likely still unknown because the testing data has not been concluded yet. I think that it is still 100% in the air when EXACTLY it will be released.

Reactions: woodraskam
Upvote 0
No. I think that any marketing materials from last week are now meaningless in regards to a specific release date. The phone is in testing. When "the man" actually decides to give the green light to begin sales is likely still unknown because the testing data has not been concluded yet. I think that it is still 100% in the air when EXACTLY it will be released.

I'm just saying kinda weird we haven't heard more "Week of" rumors outside this thread.

Upvote 0
Who's getting excited about this phone? After all... a reviewer called it the best android fone EVER?

And possible the best phone ever.

(tapping ruby red slippers together) ... (ok tapping brown loafers together)

There's no phone like GNex

Upvote 0
I'm just saying kinda weird we haven't heard more "Week of" rumors outside this thread.

Why would you? What non-Verizon source is more in the know or more connected than this forum? There will be a very small windows between the green light and the phone being available. Probably as long as it take to send product to the stores (or change the website).

Upvote 0
For those Swype users that are terrified, I was once in your boat. VERY reluctantly switched to Swiftkey X, and I've never looked back. I actually think I'm faster and more accurate now than I was with Swype (which I used since it first came out).
I have the first device that came with Swype (Omnia II), and I was dissapointed when I found that the Galaxy Nexus wouldn't support Swype. I don't have an android YET, so I haven't been able to try anything besides Swype. Thank you for your post. I will definitly try SwiftKey when I get the Nexus.

Reactions: acemarke and somato
Upvote 0
On the topic of the 21st, the Love Tunnel did say in his latest message that it was "subject to change". Also, the fact that my sister said "week of" means that she hasn't heard a definite day.

But, it lines up with other rumors floating around that say before Black Friday or even on Black Friday (which would suck). My hope is about an 8.5 that we'll have it next week.

But if not, that just gives me a bit more time to play with my new and temporary Dinc2!!

Upvote 0
guys, from the verge q&a:

Question: Josh, you said the phone you tested had HSPA+ for AT&T but you also said that the only carrier you can definitely get it on is Verizon. Can you clarify that? Were you using a euro version or did you mean no LTE other than Verizon?

Answer: I tested an unlocked, international, GSM version of the phone. The only carrier who will have it in the US is Verizon.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones