• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to question it, because they did side by side low-light comparos of the GNex and iPhone 4S, and the GNex was WAY better. We had a decent discussion about it here 400 pages ago ;). So not sure, perhaps he had a defective one...

Two things:

1) This is like a water cooler.. not everything is on topic. In the OP, we have a direction from the forums adminstrator:

Phases (administrator) said:
Go into this thread knowing how large it is. Know that it is not all completely on topic. The OP, Steven58, will make a best effort attempt at keeping THIS top post as up to date as possible on current news on the device. You are welcome to post here or create a new thread with information you have. The new thread will be kept on topic. This thread is sort of a lounge-news type thing and off-topic talk is acceptable so long as THIS POST contains all the important information on the thread.
-Phases

2) Still, we can be nice to each other and be sensitive to each other and limit pages and pages of far off topic topic.

Message to members: If you feel if stuff is too far off topic or a post is rude, please feel free to hit that report button. :)

You know I sign off each night saying, "try not to kill each other!" What I mean by that is don't be rude to each other. Don't bait each other. The response above can be construed as rude, even though it has a :p. I'm sure it wasn't meant that way.

Play nicely everyone!!!!! :D

Upvote 0
um why would you be mad. its not like they tricked you into buying a razr. as far as im concerned thats just one more galaxy nexus for someone smarter

I wouldn't call people stupid just because they don't know about the Galaxy Nexus. Sure, there's more left for me, but I think it's really cool that the Nexus has gone mainstream enough that the regular public are asking about it, and I find it infuriating that Verizon is crushing this under their grubby, Razr-loving thumbs. :mad:

FCC Approval 11/15!

Nexus in inventory! Link

New Leak!! We're getting this the week of 11/21 (next week!!!) Link

Uh, Steven, am I missing something? Did you just copy the OP into a post for a reason I cannot fathom?
:thinking:
/Roosevelt takes off top hat and scratches head quizzically

Coincidentally, the Verizon retailer where I live is also right next to a Chipotle (same block of shopping center). Highland Park, IL? Or is Chipotle + Verizon a more common combination than I thought :p

I have a Verizon store right next to my Chipotle too! But I live in Toledo, OH :D

This post took me a while so I'm probably a couple pages behind by now :p

Reactions: scottg96
Upvote 0
It still makes a lot of sense for them to release it on the 28th to prevent htc rezound "launch day purchase" returns
you should check out Verizon's holiday Exchange schedule. Anything purchased after 11/15 can be returned / exchange through 1/9/2012... so I doubt they are delaying to extend beyond first day Rezound sales return windows.

Upvote 0
I've never seen anything like this thread in my life. I hate it and love it and walk away but am drawn back like a moth to a flame. Sorta like Woodstock on the Internets. Hell I hope the damn phone never gets here because this thread will then end. :D

Don't worry, we're like the web's version of locusts. We came out for the Dinc, then hibernated, now we're out 20 months later (the early upgrade cycle) for the GNex, and we'll be back in another 20 months for the first sex-core (as in 6, you sickos), holographic wunder-phone, then 20 months after that when we all just get phone chips implanted behind our ears with vision capacitors inside our eyelids. And Steven will be the CEO of his own wireless company. And Han will be a big-time anti-trust attorney who will ensure that any phone will be available on any carrier with unlimited data and minutes and no contracts or ETFs, and release dates will be part of FCC filings.

Upvote 0
Uh, Steven, am I missing something? Did you just copy the OP into a post for a reason I cannot fathom?
:thinking:
/Roosevelt takes off top hat and scratches head quizzically

I'm sorry.. I'm at work and am always doing two things at once. I screwed up... However, some folks are seeing it for the first time, so it's ok.

Reactions: BabyBlues
Upvote 0
Popped in to my local VZW store today (before checking in here).

I proceeded to start playing around with the RAZR and Rezound. The Rezound is a really nice phone. It took a lot of will power to not buy it right there. Super responsive, great screen. Not a fan of Moto Blur on the RAZR.

While I was playing, one of the reps was helping a couple pick out a phone. The guy asked about the GNex. He managed to talk the couple into buying the RAZR.

This pretty much sums up my visit. Liked the Rezound but not the RAZR and the associate was pushing the RAZR to guy that asked about the "Nexus Prime." I think e ended up buying it. Poor kid.

Upvote 0
Don't worry, we're like the web's version of locusts. We came out for the Dinc, then hibernated, now we're out 20 months later (the early upgrade cycle) for the GNex, and we'll be back in another 20 months for the first sex-core (as in 6, you sickos), holographic wunder-phone, then 20 months after that when we all just get phone chips implanted behind our ears with vision capacitors inside our eyelids. And Steven will be the CEO of his own wireless company. And Han will be a big-time anti-trust attorney who will ensure that any phone will be available on any carrier with unlimited data and minutes and no contracts or ETFs, and release dates will be part of FCC filings.

+ 1 Billion. That made me laugh and nod in wonder.

I'm sorry.. I'm at work and am always doing two things at once. I screwed up... However, some folks are seeing it for the first time, so it's ok.

I wondered if that's why you did it. Maybe a good breaking point for the next 600 or so pages to build on??!!! :eek::D:D

Upvote 0
you should check out Verizon's holiday Exchange schedule. Anything purchased after 11/15 can be returned / exchange through 1/9/2012... so I doubt they are delaying to extend beyond first day Rezound sales return windows.

I've asked both an in store rep, and chatted with a CSR on verizonwireless.com . This is only for non activated phones. (I.E. Presents). You still only have 14 days from activation

Upvote 0

sex-core
I'm no sicko, a sex-core phone would be pretty cool (for more reasons than one) ;)

Upvote 0
that theory is long gone. anybody can return ALL phones way into January. So the "Saving for another phones return date expiration" is all over with.

We don't have to worry about that at all.

Unless of course we have misunderstood exactly how the policy works.

Go chat with a CSR and ask them specifically this.

"If I activate a rezound today, can I switch to a Galaxy Nexus on 12/17."

I've asked this question twice now, and both times they said no, it's only 14 days from activation.

Upvote 0
I've asked both an in store rep, and chatted with a CSR on verizonwireless.com . This is only for non activated phones. (I.E. Presents). You still only have 14 days from activation

Thanks for the clarification, I'm glad I didn't get a temporary RAZR or Rezound without knowing this! I was under the impression they extended the 14 day return policy on even activated phones but I guess not.

Upvote 0
You guys getting a little too jacked over a phone. If you spend all day on forums waiting for the phone, what the hell are you going to do when it comes out. I'm guessing you already have android phones...sooooo, are you going to play with the same apps on a better (still tiny) screen. I feel like you're trying to fill a hole in your lives that a phone can't help with...

Really???? then why are you here (refreshing)???

sorry but this isn't "just a phone". Once we get it we can go back to our normal lives. but right now i am so sick of the phone i have that i can't wait any longer!!!!!!!

and nothing is the same. it will be a total new experience

Upvote 0
Unless of course we have misunderstood exactly how the policy works.

Go chat with a CSR and ask them specifically this.

"If I activate a rezound today, can I switch to a Galaxy Nexus on 12/17."

I've asked this question twice now, and both times they said no, it's only 14 days from activation.

I would still go by what it says on the return policy page. IMO the two people you talked with are the ones that got it wrong.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones