• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lurker alert...
This is a long entertaining thread! My wife just kissed me gn, asked if I really am going to stay up again tonight like last night, well yeah I might be able to pre-order my phone... I need to make coffee with baileys, who's in?

Welcome krcossin sounds delish, I'm on natural caffeine but a shot of bailey's might do!

Reactions: krcossin
Upvote 0
Go to corporate store if you can but in regards to Best Buy - they will have it on launch day according to the reps I spoke with this week. One was really excited about it to and nearly finished my sentence when I asked about it. He said a ton of people had been coming in wanting to know about its release. On Monday he didn't know the date but thought it was soon and was assured it would be same day as Vzw in-store.

Will the price be the same at BB vs. VZW, I.e. both my discount and $50 loyalty credit will apply at BB, too?

Upvote 0
Did we ever find out if we're getting 16&32 gb with VZW?

It's on Google's spec page for the Nexus - so I'd think they'd footnote that if it was regional, yes?

Galaxy Nexus

So - I think it has to be yes, but that's just my guess.

off-topic
Steven now holds the site records not only for most posts but also most thanks received.

It that's cool as all get out - go Steven! :)

Reactions: Steven58 and crt134
Upvote 0
Guilty-- of being a lurker. An obsessed lurker. My wife is ready to kill me. She just wants me to find that phone that I will be happy with for two+ years. I'm hoping this is it, but I think I have a disease and you all only serve as enablers.
Same here, I've been wanting to join for a while but never got around to it. I've been following this thread since the *tiny* 20 pages mark. I've been here breaking my F5 key along with all of you since then and oh my god has this become an unhealthy addiction (to the point of reading till most people have given their "off to bed" laments haha).

I simply cannot wait until I have this phone in my hands. I had the OG Droid which I managed to drop and lose in a river around September. No luck in having it replaced, I had to turn to my sister's old LG Env Touch (I know, I know, try to hold back the puke). This phone has been falling apart faster and faster and can't hold a charge for more than an hour now.

I know this has been said before, but just like the other lurkers, I feel like I really know you guys. All the disorders and manic depressive moods developed in here have also afflicted me :) Thanks to everyone for the info, laughs and the general entertainment this thread has brought!

Reactions: jbdan and Puchkey
Upvote 0
I want to buy mine at the local Verizon store. It's in an upscale outdoor mall with an Apple store in the same mall. I'm going to buy it and then walk into the Apple store and proceed to use it in front of the people in the store. I want people at the Apple store to feel the smugness they usually dole out. Hahaha.

Upvote 0
P.S. I was eavesdropping on a rep talking to another customer. The customer asked about the Nexus and why he would buy it over the iPhone. The rep told him that the iPhone was better because Apple would care about software updates because they own both the hardware and the software, while Samsung won't care about the Nexus, since it's not their software, so Nexus wouldn't get frequent updates!

The other day, I heard an in store guy I know, and that I know knows better, give that same pitch, the apple/hardware/software part. He didnt add that sammy or any other phone wouldnt get updates or care, though. He couched it as "the good thing about apple and the iphone is...."

Good positive sales training, I guess. Accentuate the positives to meet sales goals. I wonder what their iphone spiff is?

Upvote 0
not sure if anyone else has reported this. Just spoke to a guy I know who owns a verizon store in NJ. Not a corporate store, an independent shop. He currently has in his possession a galaxy nexus demo version. I tried to buy it off him, he said it was his only one and needed it to train his employees. He said the "market release date" is for the 25th aka black friday. If he gets any earlier I have first dibs. I hope he's wrong because I really want it NOW or at least monday the 21st. I think its a good sign though that stores are getting demo versions.

Upvote 0
hopefully we get some info tomorrow, regardless of the date, directly from vzw. i have to know something, my wife is starting to notice this thread and is questioning my sanity :\

Just starting?

Ah, yeah, close enough :)

...Please tell me I wasn't the only one who read "kissed me gn" as "kissed me Galaxy Nexus"...
Guys?

...guys?

I had to re-read that one several times before it meant good night... ;)

I did too! Haha we're all going insane in here :)

Same here!!
And not 'going' - we are full on GONE

Upvote 0
I'm hoping that there isn't to big of a demand for a phone, this will be the first time I won't be able to take the day off work and stand in line at an insane hour in the morning.

It's funny. The Inc thread made me think there would be a huge demand along with a line at my local vz store. There was nobody, I mean nobody at the store at 9AM April 29th 2010. Hope it's the same for you!

Reactions: iowabowtech
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones