• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's upside down, then the contacts would then be on the far side of the phone, unless as I added, there are contacts on both sides......or the image has been mirrored, which unforunately is quite common practice for marketing.

It's just a picture, not the real thing, it can be turned upside down without effecting the side it is viewed from.

They took picture that Droid-Life posted on twitter from the teaser video and rotated it 90 degrees.

Upvote 0
I can't imagine there's any way it's unsibsidized. If it was, I'd be screwed- but buy a Galaxy Tab 10.1, can't afford an expensive phone too. But really, I can't see them doing that.

Wasn't there talk of Verizon coming out with a Droid plan geared at those of us who would like to update their phone more than every 2 years? It SEEMED to coincide with this release....right?

Upvote 0
Honestly, the better specs would be cool, but when it comes down to it I don't really care. There aren't any other phones I'm even considering at this point, and I don't think there's anything they could do to this one that would make me not buy it. I figure no matter what it's better than what I've got, and better than the other options.

Upvote 0
Wasn't there talk of Verizon coming out with a Droid plan geared at those of us who would like to update their phone more than every 2 years? It SEEMED to coincide with this release....right?

Hm, I don't remember that. It would be cool, but my concern would be if it's a new plan making sure I'm still grandfathered into my unlimited data (and text messages too, for that matter, from a long time ago).

Upvote 0
Honestly, the better specs would be cool, but when it comes down to it I don't really care. There aren't any other phones I'm even considering at this point, and I don't think there's anything they could do to this one that would make me not buy it. I figure no matter what it's better than what I've got, and better than the other options.

I can't believe I almost went with the Bionic!

Upvote 0
I'm a little late to the party with this comment. A lot of people are concerned about the extent of the curvature of the device, fearing the screen will be curved too much.

IMHO I think the two tone paint job makes it look more curved than it really is. The black against the silver and the way it is tapered adds to this "illusion" I don't think it looks much more curved than the Nexus S.

Also, I believe that the three gold circles are almost definitely connections for a dock, either media or car.

The only thing I am interested in about the curvature is the glare factor while in a car dock. A flat display can be tilted a hair to rid the glare but the curve may be different. All the reviews I read of the curve on the last phone were saying its nice but nothing to be super excited about.
I use my thumb allot and the curve may make it easier to reach at the bottom.

I hope to find out soon ....

Upvote 0
FINALLY got all caught up lol. This thread is moving crazy fast. I agree with HanSolo, vz_wired does seem to be giving some good information (mainly the 4 inaccuracies). If the newest specs are correct I'm a happy camper, but honestly I was content with the older specs (1.2 dual core proc etc)

Also just realized... 3500 BABY!!!!

Lol it was completely by accident

Upvote 0

I don't know about that but I was told by a verizon manager today that they are doing away with the new every two. I guess I should have asked more about that but she was hard to understand (lots of background noise on her end). What really shocked me was she called me about a survey I filled out a couple days ago.

I don't care what the specs on this phone are going to be. No matter what, I will be upgrading my OG droid when this comes out (praying its not far off).

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones