1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

General ***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Steven58, Aug 23, 2011.

1. darejer

darejer Android Expert
    None

Nov 1, 2011
    SoCAL
    And it was 1000 posts about absolutely nothing important! :D

Advertisement

2. X24

X24 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 3, 2010
    Wow.. this has become a post-whore contest... (not that I'm not playing :S )

3. RazorSharp

RazorSharp Android Expert
    None

Nov 17, 2011
    Male
    Boston, MA
    Honeycomb is exclusively for tablets, correct? I have never owned a tablet, nor do I intend to. I'm still puttering along on my OG Droid, like several others on this forum. Your post comes off as quite condescending, and it's not particularly appreciated.

Thanks!

Sadly, my work firewall has any and all video blocked, so I haven't been able to watch the video (or any videos from other reviews), but thanks very much for your help.

4. xDarKnighTx

xDarKnighTx Member
    None

Apr 7, 2010
    How will she be better protected from malware after rooting?

5. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Android Expert
    None

Aug 5, 2010
    N/W Ohio
    You know where I am ;) I wouldn't count on seeing it though, I knew the person that let me see it (didn't even know they worked there) and I got the impression that it was something I shouldn't be looking at. LOL its was handed to me like we were doing a drug deal :D

6. ebe3692

ebe3692 Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 18, 2011
    Guys.
    Guys.
    Long time lurker coming out of hiding to give you some juicy insider info on the release date:

My third cousin twice removed is a janitor at the secret underground Verizon headquarters. (The above groud coroprate structure is basically a puppet organization, which explains a lot) He over heard some very high up people talking about the Galaxy Nexus. As many of have guessed, Android 4.0 is actually future technology, developed in the year 2074 by genetically engineered computer scientists bred to create phone OSes for the purposes of global domination. The plan was to transport the phone back in time and sell them now for enormous profit. However, due to fluctuations in the space-time continuum, they have not been able to hold the portal open in a stable fashion. This is why there is so much back and forth about the release date. In fact there is a good chance it will collapse altogether. My cousin says the best bet is to plan for a firm release in 63 years, but depending on quantum fluctuations, we may get it as early as 1969 to coincide with the moon landing.

Truth.

No need to thank me, your adoration is reward enough! :)

emaN resU, AntimonyER, jbdan and 3 others like this.
  7. coach26

coach26 Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 4, 2011
    Teacher/Coach
    Owasso, OK
    I just wanted to thank everyone in here for all the help. If it wasn't for finding this thread, I would not be switching to Verizon. So I guess Verizon should be thanking you guys too. I could not believe how fast the LTE was when I went to the store last night. My Nexus One was bad, but I never imagined the internet was this much faster. I brought up with their phones in 3 to 4 seconds what at the same time it took 90 to 120 sec on my Tmobile N1. I know the speeds are better for Tmo in better coverage areas, but it's nothing like the LTE....it was awesome. I mean I'm gonna pay for the service but I would much rather pay a little more for a service that actually has some value where I live as opposed to service that is cheaper but has no value. It's gonna be fun im my household, I'm getting the Nexus, and the wife is getting the 4S...I'll have the best of both worlds under my roof, the ease and fun of apple to the power and freedom of ICS. I haven't been this excited in a LOOOOOOOOONNNNNGGGGGG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks again guys....:D

BabyBlues and crt134 like this.
  8. 3vil

3vil Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 10, 2011
    Bay Area
    It is the anticipation... of breaking the incredible threads record

and the galaxy nexus...

9. Stigy

Stigy Some say...
    None

Nov 5, 2009
    Male
    Holy jeez.

Went to take my girlfriend to the dentist this morning to get wisdom teeth removed and I can barely keep up with the thread.

Some say he is a Nexaholic, all we know is he's called The Stig.

connormoore725 and BabyBlues like this.
  10. drbugsmn

drbugsmn Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 3, 2010
    Twin Cities, MN
    Agreed, still would be nice to see a pic of a box thats says "KEEP YOUR FREAKING HANDS OFF UNTIL NOV 21!!!"

11. AntimonyER

AntimonyER CHANGED FROM AF ADDICT MIKESTONY
    None

Jun 18, 2010
    Statesboro, GA
    You know OTD, there is one small loophole in your statement. Nothing says you can't do any of that stuff AFTER you have gotten the information ;)

BabyBlues and OfTheDamned like this.
  12. crt134

crt134 Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 11, 2011
    Student
    Raleigh
    Yeah I walked out to the kitchen to get something to eat and read a quick article in the Game Informer than came today and I come back to almost 2 pages of new stuff in like 15 minutes lol

13. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead
    None

Oct 29, 2009
    Right Behind You
    If you think those are restrictive you should have seen the ones the Admin wouldn't let me include. :p

All I'm looking for is 24 posts per day from everyone. People who wish to post 50 can go right ahead.

14. jdduncan11

jdduncan11 Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 12, 2011
    You wouldn't believe me
    Burlington County, NJ - Originally from Bucks Coun
    Posts must be slowing down. I finally caught up.

josh911usa likes this.
  15. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me!
    None

Jun 3, 2010
    Female
    Masquerading as a responsible adult
    Jersey - born & bred
    or the boyfriend could be an ex? :thinking:

i kid

Good afternoon!!!! Nope - nothing official.

16. Rybnik

Rybnik Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 18, 2011
    Music

Wowzers, Dubbin, that's awesome! So you mean it was a floor demo unit? And, what part of the country are you in if you don't mind..I am in the CEO' s own town and the corporate store says they got no idea when stock will arrive :(

17. 3vil

3vil Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 10, 2011
    Bay Area
    that is not a problem... working on my 24 right now...

18. AntimonyER

None

Jun 18, 2010
    Statesboro, GA
    Excellent first post! Welcome! :D;)

19. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Android Expert
    None

Aug 5, 2010
    N/W Ohio
    LOL this place has been rocking since before 7am :D

20. Ringhale

Ringhale Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 20, 2010
    Michigan
    That sucks Han can you go online and look at your bill see if the number shows up when you look at your detailed billing?

21. AndroidsOfTara

AndroidsOfTara Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 14, 2009
    Androids
    Tara

Tired of being broke and stuck in an unhappy marriage, a young husband decided to solve both problems by taking out a large insurance policy on his wife and arranging to have her killed.

A "friend of a friend" put him in touch with a nefarious underworld figure, who went by the name of "Artie." Artie explained to the husband that his going price for snuffing out a spouse was $5,000. The husband said he was willing to pay that amount, but that he wouldn't have any cash on hand until he could collect his wife's insurance money.

Artie insisted on being paid in part up front. The man opened up his wallet and displayed the single dollar bill that rested inside. Artie sighed, rolled his eyes, and reluctantly agreed to accept the dollar as down payment for the dirty deed.

A few days later, Artie followed the man's wife to the local Safeway grocery store. There, he surprised her in the produce department and proceeded to strangle her with his gloved hands. As the poor unsuspecting woman drew her last breath and slumped to the floor, the manager of the produce department stumbled unexpectedly onto the scene. Unwilling to leave any witnesses behind, Artie had no choice but to strangle the produce manager as well.

Unknown to Artie, the entire proceeding were captured by hidden cameras and observed by the store's security guard, who immediately called the police. Artie was caught and arrested before he could leave the store.
    Under intense questioning at the police station, Artie revealed the sordid plan, including his financial arrangements with the hapless husband.

And that is why, the next day in the newspaper, the headline declared: "Artie chokes two for a dollar at Safeway."

saulback, webz, cpeter753 and 4 others like this.
  22. tdub88

tdub88 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 26, 2010
    Inland Northwest

Was poop on the floor in there? Because I think everyone should go to their respective stores and threaten to poop on the floor. No one likes it when you poop on the floor.

Then they will be hauling those boxes out of the back just to stop you from pooping on the floor.........

BabyBlues likes this.
  23. kboboy

kboboy Newbie
    None

Nov 18, 2011
    Long time lurker, first time poster...I have been reading this forum for forever now and it has really been addicting! Keep up the good work everyone! My story is pretty lame and provides no new information at all but i felt it was worth sharing...I just stopped by a local verizon store and the rep I talked to apparently has never heard of the Galaxy Nexus, but tried to talk to me like he had...he started talking about the specs: "Oh it has a 4.3 inch amoled screen, 1.5GHZ, 8 MP camera, kinda like the Droid Charge but better..." haha oh and he said it wouldn't be out until Jan...Xmas time at the earliest. That's when i said "oh ok, thanks!" and left...haha WOW! Anyways, I am super stoked! I know way too much about this phone now bc of yall! Thanks btw! And this will be my first android phone ever, mainly because I have been sporting the Samsung Flipshot for about 5 years now and have been eligible for an upgrade for 3 years now! Don't ask, bc I don't know why? But, nonetheless, here's to hoping for a Nov. 21st release! That would be sweet!!!

sneakking likes this.
  24. darejer

darejer Android Expert
    None

Nov 1, 2011
    SoCAL
    Just wanted to thank everyone here... if it wasn't for this thread I'd still have a job, my family wouldn't be homeless, my baby would have diapers, and my dog would not have died. :D

jdduncan11 and BabyBlues like this.
  25. AntimonyER

None

Jun 18, 2010
    Statesboro, GA
    You are gonna have to get creative, because you did say no biting.

Tags: