1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Steven58, Aug 23, 2011.

1. darkestred

darkestred Android Enthusiast

Verizon isn't getting 16gb.

Advertisement

2. jester6x

jester6x Well-Known Member

If this phone doesn't come out until 12/8 that Dinc2 number will be destroyed. haha

3. darkestred

darkestred Android Enthusiast

Its about as stupid as saying first in a thread. so im with you.

4. loda7

loda7 Newbie

Having an OG Droid, I'm used to only having 16GB, and that was the SD card. 16GB internally for apps among other things will be a dream in comparison. I'm still all for the SGN, I was just getting hyped up for 32GB since a few people seemed so certain that's what we'd be getting.

I'm sure others have tablets as well. I'll save the movie watching for the 10" w/ extra storage and spare the SGN its 16GB & battery life for other things.

5. 2003vstrom

2003vstrom Android Enthusiast

man I missed 38 by a mile:rolleyes:

6. trav473

trav473 Android Enthusiast

What if the phone are already made with 16GB and not 32GB and google just typo-ed on the specs page and now it is correct?

7. scottg96

scottg96 Android Expert

Out of curiosity, if/when this thing DOES go on sale next week (before Black Friday), do you think Verizon will slash the price on Black Friday/Cyber Monday? They discounted the RAZR by a TON ($299 down to $111.11 for the special occasion)... it's not entirely out of the question.
    And if they do slash the price after initial launch, will us SUPER early adopters be reimbursed the difference? (I would hope so!)

8. Jol.E.Roger

Jol.E.Roger Newbie

If you are not a fanboy of either OS, they should be concerned.

I was going for the rumored iPhone 5. It didn't happen, so here I am.

I wanted a bigger screen with a productive OS. Google won this round, in my mind. Apple can easily win people like me back.

Companies should never underestimate who pays their bills.

9. tluley51

tluley51 Android Enthusiast

Dinc2?!

If the Dinc 2 thread has more post than this thread, Ill suck a brick...

10. sweatyBeef

sweatyBeef Well-Known Member

i have no doubt that it will be 32gb
    this is a screen grab from the video review from TheVerge

Attached Files:

connormoore725 likes this.
  11. AntimonyER

AntimonyER CHANGED FROM AF ADDICT MIKESTONY

Every test device has had 32GB that I have seen so far.

12. darejer

darejer Android Expert

BF is exactly why it won't be released by then. BF is for bargains. The GN is not a bargain. You may see some nice RAZR discounts, though. This week will be about unloading RAZRs

13. MoPhoMan

MoPhoMan Android Enthusiast

Les! Will you be dropping free turkeys from any helicopters next week? :D

14. Cam

Cam Android Enthusiast

I may have posted on there once or twice. :eek:

15. scottg96

scottg96 Android Expert

I have to agree with this, The Verge would NOT post something they're not 100% certain on I think. And as Antimony said a few posts ago, every test device thus far has had 32 GB.

16. kamon211

kamon211 Newbie

bad news day?

17. AntimonyER

AntimonyER CHANGED FROM AF ADDICT MIKESTONY

BF USED to be for bargains. Now it is for faking people into believing they are bargains and making up for soft sales the rest of the year.

nbajam likes this.
  18. sgrinavi

sgrinavi Android Enthusiast

No, you're not the only one. I don't get it either.... It's like when you come up to an exact dollar amount in the grocery store, admire the fact that there's no change to handle then swipe your plastic like every other time and move on....

jmar likes this.
  19. woodraskam

woodraskam Android Expert

But that's not Verizon's, no branding.

20. stgmngr210

stgmngr210 Well-Known Member

Seriously?

21. Cam

Cam Android Enthusiast

Yeah, but I just got a hold of the following leaked photo from Verizon corporate HQ. The CEO is the one wearing black:

[​IMG]

Looks like we're stuck with 16GB FTL. :(

sweatyBeef and AntimonyER like this.
  22. Gravytrain

Gravytrain Android Enthusiast

Is your avatar the same as your FB profile pic? I'm pretty sure you "liked" one of my posts lol

Cam likes this.
  23. HuskyKMA

HuskyKMA Well-Known Member

Verizon to Google: "It has become apparent to us that a lot of people want the SGN, and it's going to be taking sales away from our precious RAZR and Rezound. We need to downgrade it so it doesn't sell so well, so we won't be carrying the 32gb version. Thanks!"

24. MoPhoMan

MoPhoMan Android Enthusiast

Where did this 16 gig only crap come from? Even the official site now lists 16 and 32 options. Who is stirring the pot? I need to break their stick!

wow, i'm more worked up over this than the release date change :mad:

jbdan likes this.
  25. crt134

crt134 Android Enthusiast

I just will never understand verizon. How do they not realize that they are not only pissing off their customers but simultaniously ruining their chances at stealing more customers from other carriers. Any other company with a great exclusive would be advertising and touting it by now, with everyone knowing it was coming in xx number of days. Their such a large company in an oligopic industry so they can get away with it but it just wreaks of bad logic on the branding side of things. Verizon over the past year+ has come to be known as having the best network and the most infuriating way of launching phones. It is just annoying and why associate your brand with that negative sentiment because of something that is completely controllable with minimal effort. ie a short message about a release date instead of a 3 month time frame and then ignoring existence.

/frustrated rant

Stupid business logic frustrates me but I cant leave verizon so they will continue to get my money anyway. but this is why big companies can eventually go down hill, forgetting what got them to where the are.

nbajam, steevo1 and GalaxyNexus like this.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews
Tags: