1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Steven58, Aug 23, 2011.

1. darejer

darejer Android Expert

Each phone is delayed or not delayed independently. The Illusion would not be a factor for the release of the GN.

Advertisement

scottg96 and artnsx like this.
  2. woodraskam

woodraskam Android Expert

BB curve, and Samsung Illusion were supposed to launch on the 17th, but didn't.

Samsung illusion is phone id 5726 on verizon's site, was refreshing all day on the 17th, praying for it to show up.

3. darejer

darejer Android Expert

The other phones don't matter. Just because one launches on time... doesn't mean that any others will.

4. jbdan

jbdan Extreme Android User

Posting for the count! Any revelations tonight? :)

5. artnsx

artnsx Well-Known Member

Yea sorry I meant the 17th, I looked all day yesterday and today too and saw nothing. Lol we should just disregard that part of the screenshot since it doesn't work in our favor

6. TheRoosevelt

TheRoosevelt Android Expert

Thought as much. Ah, well, I really can't complain. My phone screen is still turning on occassionally, I can survive a week or two more :D

But that's what I told myself on November 3rd too.

Anyway, as likely as Dec 8 seems, I'll keep my eyes and ears peeled on Monday. Maybe VZW will through us a bone ;)

7. Cam

Cam Android Enthusiast

Well, since he said his "Samsung guy" told him the phone would be out anytime between the 21st and mid-December, I'm assuming he got to play with one because the Samsung sales rep brought one in. :)

8. woodraskam

sure they're not concrete, but it sure would've helped morale knowing they were on time. Knowing they were delayed gives even more doubt that we will see anything on monday.

9. xs301

xs301 Well-Known Member

I am truly sad now guys. I just got out of the hospital after being there for a medical emergency. So I come here hoping to have something positive in my life after what happened to me, and I hear our phones may be further delayed. Please, someone tell me it isn't so!

On a side note, I loved the Verizon corporate video. That definitely put a smile on my face. Thanks to whomever made it! I needed a little pick me up from seeing the forum title change. I guess that's also why I come on here. Everyone is generally good spirited (towards each other, but not Verizon :). So I came back to my Nexus family to cheer me up. Too bad Verizon isn't playing nice. Lol

Mr Nexy, coach26, Ninjak and 7 others like this.
  10. crt134

crt134 Android Enthusiast

Nothing good :/

jbdan likes this.
  11. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me!

Please no.

Lol. Hmmmm. :p

Rybnik likes this.
  12. Rybnik

Rybnik Android Enthusiast

13. IgnatiusXIX

IgnatiusXIX Android Enthusiast

Good evening Nexus Nutters. Checking back in and I see its reverted back to a snails pace here. No new developments I see. Crap. Has anyone seen any quality video reviews in the last few hours from our friends in the UK? (Or bloggers here for that matter since some are receiving there review units.)

14. MoPhoMan

MoPhoMan Android Enthusiast

earlier in the day we were breaking records for fewest hours to 1000 posts.

now we are breaking records for most hours to 1000 posts.

jbdan likes this.
  15. scottg96

scottg96 Android Expert

I think they might be pushing those back to make room for the SGN. It could be just wishful thinking on my part but from a Verizon perspective it would make more sense to release the SGN first and then the other two phones (because they're gonna make a ton of money on the SGN versus two not-so-smartphones).

jbdan likes this.
  16. jbdan

Well if only vzw would surprise us and put the thing up for sale Sunday at midnight....really make for a nice gesture!

scottg96 likes this.
  17. nj02vette

nj02vette Android Expert

Correct.

18. BenjaminH

BenjaminH Member

I have a confession to make. I recently frequented the Rezound forum and I have gone to a VZW store and touched the Rezound and I liked it. HOWEVER, I want my first Android phone to be the best and I will hang in there for the Galaxy Nexus.

If they do pull the 16GB storage junk, then the phone better be the same price as the 4S 16GB, $199. Otherwise, that's just really pushing it.

scottg96, jbdan and BabyBlues like this.
  19. nj02vette

nj02vette Android Expert

It's been a lot slower here. What did you expect, 4k posts in 24hrs? :D

We came pretty close. 3772 posts in almost 24hrs. And we still have a few minutes left to mindnight.

20. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me!

Took two tries of reading this before I understood. I was wondering how you knew about any of my curves. Lol.

Hope you are ok!

EarlyMon, scottg96 and woodraskam like this.
  21. woodraskam

Using that theory, they should've pushed back the rezound or razr, cause the BB and illusion aren't in the same selling category as the GNex.

22. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Can somebody please explain to me what's going on here with the 16 GB thing? As of yesterday the Google "tech specs" for this phone read 32. How does that POSSIBLY change overnight?

23. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

Today has been one of lurk days around the forums, just posted a few times today. ;) :)

What a day around here, yes?

I'm still floored by Google Nexus page update to remove the 32 GB reference, I really am.

For those that missed it - the UK model is clearly 16/32 on their web -

Galaxy Nexus

But srsly - no way I could keep lurking after brad's video - genius!

vandyman likes this.
  24. jbdan

Hope everything is well with you. Verizon is NO good for your health at the moment :p

BlueBiker, xs301 and EarlyMon like this.
  25. crt134

crt134 Android Enthusiast

If they only have the 16 gb they will definitely be charging $299 for it. Which is really lame because everything else has 32 and it can't cost them much to have 32 instead. It would be obvious skimping imo

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews
Tags: