• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Draft

To Whom It May Concern:
My name is Scott Greene and I am speaking on behalf of all of us over at AndroidForums.com, as well as countless other Verizon customers and future Galaxy Nexus-owners.
We have been disgruntled with Verizon's apparent inability to provide information for an entire month, and we ask that you give us something to look forward to, even if the phone is coming in December. According to a poll on Droid-Life.com (Monday Poll: Now That All Three Have Been Announced – Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, or RAZR? – Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog), over 10,000 customers are waiting on the Galaxy Nexus (71%) and have received nothing from Verizon to give them reason to do so.
Clearly, despite any sort of marketing plan or roadmap, the RAZR and Rezound aren't selling as well as previously thought (even with Double Data), and we Galaxy Nexus hopefuls are feeling the devastating effect of this. In fact, many Verizon customers are participating in the "Rent-a-RAZR/Rent-a-Rezound" program, in which one purchases a RAZR or Rezound with full intentions of returning it and buying the Galaxy Nexus. This will cost Verizon a lot of money in the long run as more of us start to jump ship.
Another reason this is hurting your company is because many Verizon customers are very seriously considering leaving the carrier (or already have) for another, more open carrier. As much as I, and plenty of others, love Verizon, we simply can't stand being treated like objects of their control; we NEED information and we will do whatever we can to get it!
Therefore, I politely demand that we receive a confirmed release date from Verizon, so as to relieve some stress in the community (which has already garnered much media attention and buzz, at no cost to Verizon...) and bring some hope back into our patience. It would also be nice to be able to be able to pre-order the phone and expect it on said release date. At this point ANY information is better than NO information!
Thank you for your time,
Scott Greene (on behalf of over 500,000 furious members on AndroidForums.com)

Thoughts? Again, should we do a mass email or just one?

Upvote 0
Steven said the thread had over 800,000 views at some point yesterday, but I don't know how many active members there are.
I don't know if there is any way to determine how many individuals have viewed this thread, but I'm sure there is a way to determine how many people have made at least one post.

BTW, as of a few seconds ago, there were 860,559 views of this thread.

Upvote 0
Anyways, getting back to my email;
What should I change/add? And should we plan on attacking their inboxes with it (as in all of us do our part and send our own copy) or just hope they take notice with this one email?

I don't think it is a good idea for ALL of us to spam the Verizon leadership. That would be classless in my opinion. I don't see why one email can't be sent to everyone that is on that list though.

Upvote 0
I'm afraid if all were encouraged to send their own copies, the emails might be appended with some less attractive language, as some may want to let off some steam. One email to all, and follow it up as Verizon responds, or fails to respond.

well I think we need to encourage everyone to try this plan out. You're right in assuming that Verizon won't pay attention to something poorly written and communicated and just plain disrespectful. But something well thought out from their customers. That has to at least grab their attention.

Upvote 0
I'd change "furious" to something softer, like "concerned" or "anxious".

Scott, I'd also add that I think a lot of VZW customers have actually held off on the buying/returning plan and take advantage of the return policy sheerly out of ethical respect? It seems a lot of people are still holding off?

Upvote 0
Scott, I'd also add that I think a lot of VZW customers have actually held off on the buying/returning plan and take advantage of the return policy sheerly out of ethical respect? It seems a lot of people are still holding off?

That is a counter-argument to what I'm trying to state; if I say people are already leaving Verizon for other carriers but some of us are still loyal customers then they won't feel the need to satisfy those who have already left us or are willing to in the future.

Upvote 0
I am taking names of people that post rumors so that when they post.other rumors I can justify saying they have no credibility.

You can add my name to your list. As I posted a couple of days ago the e-mail my wife received stated the Galaxy Nexus wouldn't be released to early/middle of December. The December 8th date seems like a plausible release date.

Upvote 0
Reactions: willis1
Upvote 0
Edited 2nd paragraph of email:
Clearly, despite any sort of marketing plan or roadmap, the RAZR and Rezound aren't selling as well as previously thought (even with Double Data), and we Galaxy Nexus hopefuls are feeling the devastating effect of this. (This is a very stubborn move that may upset many customers. If you think about the opportunity cost, it could be a better marketing strategy to push the Galaxy Nexus out ASAP and let customers CHOOSE which phone they want!) Many Verizon customers are participating in the "Rent-a-RAZR/Rent-a-Rezound" program, in which one purchases a RAZR or Rezound with full intentions of returning it and buying the Galaxy Nexus. This will cost Verizon a lot of money in the long run as more of us start to jump ship.

Upvote 0
New Draft

Thoughts? Again, should we do a mass email or just one?

If you're going to reference the polling I would point to the original source (which was Verizon's very own @VZWsupport account on Twitter) and not Droid Life.

I would also at the very least mention that they are currently the only carrier in the states that does not offer the pure Google Android experience. THAT is what a vast majority of us are waiting and hoping so desperately for. THAT is the argument we should be making, because I can already see their response to our frustrated requests: "Verizon has no information on the Galaxy Nexus' release at this time. Please sign up to receive any new updates. Here at Verizon we have a great variety and selection of high end Android powered smartphone's you may choose from like the Motorola RAZR and HTC Rezound, and we are proud to offer these to our subscribers." For those of us desperately waiting; this just wont do. We have waited long enough for the pure Google Android experience on VZW.

Was this just a random poll? Was it done to really gauge interest from their subscribers? Was this information passed along to anyone up the food chain? We don't know. The fact is that VZW's own Customer Support should have been aware of this demand and frustration though, through their public outreach (or lack there-of), it doesn't appear it has affected their actions.

I would like to add-- in VZW's eyes they are not responsible for our frustration. They have no need to retract any public statement or apologize for any public statement. They've simply never given us one. While the lack of transparency is disheartening, it is not their obligation to remedy this. They don't OWE us anything. I will optimistically sign off on this email petition, but I don't believe it will result in any real positive action on VZW's part.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones