• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Draft

Thoughts? Again, should we do a mass email or just one?

i Say mass..i'd rather take the risk of a few editing and get their attention..as opposed to one letter that they may pay attention to

Numbers speak volumes to them. '

Scott..what if we removed "from Androidforums.com" and made it more general..that way maybe AC forum members, DL forum members..and any other places could potentially get involved?

Upvote 0
Well............
Here i sit on a Saturday morning, November 18th.
This thread currently has 970 pages and almost 39000 posts.

You know what? I do not know any more than i knew on page one !

VZW are a bunch of non caring jerks. MONEY, MONEY, MONEY !

Have always had a really bad taste in my mouth for them and this Nexus release has made that taste almost unbearable.

If i can not buy this phone on Monday, I for one at least am done. Will VZW care? Don't think so but it sure in hell will make ME feel better!!

Rant over.........................

Reactions: scottg96
Upvote 0
If you're going to reference the polling I would point to the original source (which was Verizon's very own @VZWsupport account on Twitter) and not Droid Life.

I would also at the very least mention that they are currently the only carrier in the states that does not offer the pure Google Android experience. THAT is what a vast majority of us are waiting and hoping so desperately for. THAT is the argument we should be making, because I can already see their response to our frustrated requests: "Verizon has no information on the Galaxy Nexus' release at this time. Please sign up to receive any new updates. Here at Verizon we have a great variety and selection of high end Android powered smartphone's you may choose from like the Motorola RAZR and HTC Rezound, and we are proud to offer these to our subscribers."

Was this just a random poll? Was it done to really gauge interest from their subscribers? Was this information passed along to anyone up the food chain? We don't know. The fact is that VZW's own Customer Support should have been aware of this demand and frustration though, through their public outreach (or lack there-of), it doesn't appear it has affected their actions.

I would like to add-- in VZW's eyes they are not responsible for our frustration. They have no need to retract any public statement or apologize for any public statement. They've simply never given us one. While the lack of transparency is disheartening, it is not their obligation to remedy this. They don't OWE us anything. I will optimistically sign off on this email petition, but I don't believe it will result in any real positive action on VZW's part.

I think it's the customer's right to have options when it comes to being locked down to a cell phone for 2 years. When I was on the line with VZW Customer Support a few days ago, it stated their new mission and "it's all about the customer". Maybe if Verizon didn't ACTUALLY only care about the money and instead focused on something more important like *shocker* CUSTOMER SATISFACTION, we might have something by now.

Upvote 0
i Say mass..i'd rather take the risk of a few editing and get their attention..as opposed to one letter that they may pay attention to

Scott..what if we removed "from Androidforums.com" and made it more general..that way maybe AC forum members, DL forum members..and any other places could potentially get involved?

I suppose we could send this formatted email out to a few sites and get people to change the signature. Perhaps some from reddit, some from AC, etc.

Reactions: AcousticRx
Upvote 0
Also, you say you are writing on behalf of androidforums.com. I would make sure you get permission from Phases prior to making that statement.

Good point.
Well I'm gonna go post the email draft on reddit and AndroidCentral in hopes of garnering some attention and getting noticed by Verizon execs as more than just a handful of diehards!

Reactions: Travillion
Upvote 0

I agree about removing androidforums.com The Mods and other may not be comfortable with using the forum as a rallying cry

Reactions: scottg96
Upvote 0
Looks to me like the "once activated, you have 14 days" rumor is just that....

What's vague about it?

The Return Policy (Return Policy - Verizon Wireless) is an addendum to the Customer Agreement (Customer Agreement) which is the governing instrument (the contract).

Here is a very important part of the Customer Agreement:
How Do I Accept This Agreement?
You accept this agreement by:

• Agreeing in writing, by email, over the phone, or in person;
  • Opening a package that says you are accepting by opening it; or
  • Activating your Service.

Before "Accepting the Agreement", you can return the device and receive a refund less Restocking Fee) without restriction until the end of the extended return policy date.

After "Accepting the Agreement", you can:

1. Terminate the service within 3 days and receive a refund including Activation Fee less Restocking Fee and [certain prorated] usage costs, taxes, etc.
  2. After Activation, you may:
    • Terminate the service after 3 days and before 14 days and receive a refund less Activation Fee, Restocking Fee and [certain prorated] usage costs, taxes, etc.
    • EXCHANGE the device (once) before 14 days and receive/pay the difference less Restocking Fee.
    • Terminate the service after 14 days and receive a huge bill! Also note:
      If you return your merchandise, even by mistake, after the return period, you will not receive a refund and the merchandise you returned will not be returned to you.

I hope this clarifies things a little...

Upvote 0
Someone posted it a lot of posts ago :p Too lazy to look for it now.

Executive Leadership

also, P3 about a month ago posted a link on his twitter with a link to a ton of emails.

I agree with Antimony, unless we get permission from someone at AF..then maybe a generic representation from thousands of forum members/twitter members/enthusiast sites, etc....

Upvote 0
I think it's the customer's right to have options when it comes to being locked down to a cell phone for 2 years. When I was on the line with VZW Customer Support a few days ago, it stated their new mission and "it's all about the customer". Maybe if Verizon didn't ACTUALLY only care about the money and instead focused on something more important like *shocker* CUSTOMER SATISFACTION, we might have something by now.

I don't understand how anything I mentioned contradicts that??? You're looking at this from your own stand point. I was merely pointing out that you may want to consider looking at this from their perspective. In their eyes, they DO have plenty of options for us to choose from. And lets be frank- we do. But we're missing one big one: Pure GOOGLE ANDROID EXPERIENCE. That is the point I am making, and the point I feel that should be the focus of any targeted community email to Verizon.

Reactions: HLogic
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones