• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote from galaxyforums post:

" A good source within the industry has indicated that a lot of the rumors floating around about an impending launch of the Samsung Prime this month, are way off base. According to our source, the Verizon Samsung Prime will not be available this year, and that its release is "definitely" set for the first quarter of 2012. This is one time when we would prefer if our source was wrong. "

Do we believe this?
To answer your question, no.

Upvote 0
To say that it isn't the "real" reason is baseless speculation. All we have to go by is what they tell us. If SJ's funeral is Tuesday, or Monday, or anytime next week, the Nexus event will be pretty much forgotten. The press, media, and fans will all be tuned into the funeral. They do not want to get frozen out by the consumers. Neither Samsung nor Google are hurting for money, they can wait a week or so. Better that than come off as heartless to the people who put money in their pockets.

You just agreed with my theory. They are postponing for better media coverage, not necessarily ONLY out of respect for SJ. Thats all im saying.

Upvote 0

" A good source within the industry has indicated that a lot of the rumors floating around about an impending launch of the Samsung Prime this month, are way off base. According to our source, the Verizon Samsung Prime will not be available this year, and that its release is "definitely" set for the first quarter of 2012. This is one time when we would prefer if our source was wrong. "

Do we believe this?

that's the same rumor posted over on DF earlier this week. i don't buy it. i think their wires are crossed, and they're talking about the Nexus device for the other carriers.

Reactions: dr01d3tte
Upvote 0
yeah those twitter guys or those tipsters arent proved either...

nothing official yet... but indeed those speculations are very amusing :)

While I don't know much about P3Droid (have heard many good things about his reliability), BMX has always proven himself and his tweets trustworthy. Amidst all of the crazy release dates being thrown around with the ThunderBolt, he had predicted it correct since the very beginning. He is an inside and he definitely can be trusted.

Upvote 0
You just agreed with my theory. They are postponing for better media coverage, not necessarily ONLY out of respect for SJ. Thats all im saying.
They're both hand in hand. I'm not agreeing with your theory. They are postponing it out of respect for Jobs, who will likely be interred next week. I do not honestly believe they have any ulterior motives behind the postponement. They, like the rest of the tech world, have immense respect for Jobs, even though they are competitors. There's no point in being a conspiracy theorist about it.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Exactly!!! I'm not believing any specs of the phone until it has been made official.

Not trying to be rude (I'm actually curious), but if this is the case, why exactly are you on this forum? Unless there is an official announcement from Google or Samsung, everything that you hear/read is ALL rumor. Now that being said, there are certain people on the forum, blogs, twitter, etc. that are highly respected and have been correct with the info they have provided before. We are all on hear trying to decipher what rumor is real or not and piece together to the best of our ability, the true Prime. Again, until we get an official announcement, everything on this board is pure rumor, but that makes the wait that much more fun for me.

Upvote 0
Idk if it was said already but did anyone notice in the Samsung Unpacked Teaser the power button was on the right and the one in the new leaked video is on the left when he turns the screen off. The way the screens look when he is deciding to put a widget on it reminds me of TouchWiz 4. Could it be an overlay or a few TouchWiz parts added. Just saying. Could this be the Verizon one and the actual Nexus Phone will be a little different. Also, you know Verizon is somewhat hipped to OMAP. If it does have one, then maybe Verizon's is OMAP and the Google original is Exynos 1.5ghz. Remember the conflicting stories of GSM & BGR.

Reactions: RX-78-2 and Namrak
Upvote 0
They're both hand in hand. I'm not agreeing with your theory. They are postponing it out of respect for Jobs, who will likely be interred next week. I do not honestly believe they have any ulterior motives behind the postponement. They, like the rest of the tech world, have immense respect for Jobs, even though they are competitors. There's no point in being a conspiracy theorist about it.

I understand your point. I'm not trying to be a "conspiracy theorist", I just have a different opinion and don't like to believe what people tell me without questioning it. Not saying I wouldnt like to believe, but I personally just find it unrealistic. Although it's pointless to debate the exact reasons why. The main point is that the announcement is delayed! :eek:

Upvote 0
So, I think I know the answer, but what is the likelyhood that they are only delaying the announcement--coming out and officially saying the specs and everything--to improve on hardware. I mean, are we at a point where they would already have thousands of units built? So, is this more likely a hardware upgrade or software? It sounds liksoftware from vz-wired.

Upvote 0
I understand your point. I'm not trying to be a "conspiracy theorist", I just have a different opinion and don't like to believe what people tell me without questioning it. Not saying I wouldnt like to believe, but I personally just find it unrealistic. Although it's pointless to debate the exact reasons why. The main point is that the announcement is delayed! :eek:
Yep, the important part is that the announcement will be delayed, which is unfortunate. However, I believe I can wait until it launches, especially seeing as I might have to wait awhile for it to hit AT&T.

Upvote 0
Not trying to be rude (I'm actually curious), but if this is the case, why exactly are you on this forum? Unless there is an official announcement from Google or Samsung, everything that you hear/read is ALL rumor. Now that being said, there are certain people on the forum, blogs, twitter, etc. that are highly respected and have been correct with the info they have provided before. We are all on hear trying to decipher what rumor is real or not and piece together to the best of our ability, the true Prime. Again, until we get an official announcement, everything on this board is pure rumor, but that makes the wait that much more fun for me.

I'm here to read all of the speculation and hype. Just because I don't believe most of it doesn't mean I don't enjoy reading about it ;)

Upvote 0

Do we believe this?

Absolutely not. This is pure rubbish and you should be severely punished for posting this.

I dont...

This is your post for #4000? This? Seriously?

9973TressDunceCap.jpg

Upvote 0
seems someone else is thinking the same thing too

That's it!!! I knew I recognized the UI on that phone that was shown in the video this morning! It looks like my fiance's Epic 4G Touch! The way they tilt the phone to place the widget on which home screen they want, that is TOUCHWHIZ! Wow... That story is DEAD ON! Everyone go read it and watch the video again. The droid guys are onto something. They are thinking exactly what I'm thinking.

Reactions: drbugsmn
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones