• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Using the USB host thing could someone make a case that added storage to the phone by building flash memory into the case?
#milliondollaridea

H-o-l-y c-r-a-p. Now that's brilliant!

Yes it would certainly work! You'd need to temporarily disconnect it while charging (unless you're charging via the docking pins), but it's workable and maybe the custom case could even provide a charging solution.

Wish I'd thought of that. :thinking:

Reactions: rexdog1888
Upvote 0

Yes it would certainly work! You'd need to temporarily disconnect it while charging (unless you're charging via the docking pins), but it's workable and maybe the custom case could even provide a charging solution.

That's awesome!!

Now the important question, how many of y'all would buy one?

Upvote 0
ROTFL, I've been quick on the draw tonight, eh? I should let you get those, you explain it better anyway. :)

Haha, if you say so :p The funny thing is you actually know what you're talking about while I just regurgitate Engadget :eek:
Ah, the good old days of the screen technology debate which turned out to be too boring even for this thread :D

Amoled Screen, Splash Resistant, thin as hell, faster than the Rezound, Motocast, Kevlar.

Faster than the Rezound? I'm not sure about that one. I handled them both at the store, and while the Razr seemed to stutter at some points, the Rezound was silky smooth. I don't know how the 1.2ghz OMAP4430 compares to the 1.5ghz snapdragon s3, but I imagine they're similar. It probably just comes down to Sense vs. Blur.

Upvote 0

You know, I was actually enjoying the nostalgia of that old commercial, especially since it included parts that I didn't remember (they like to edit commercials down to fit more into a commercial break) I found it frustrating when it turned out to be edited at the end.

I actually have a t-shirt with Mr. Owl on it.:D

Upvote 0

For charging maybe add an extra micro usb in the case or a wireless charging thing

Upvote 0
Haha, if you say so :p The funny thing is you actually know what you're talking about while I just regurgitate Engadget :eek:
Ah, the good old days of the screen technology debate which turned out to be too boring even for this thread :D

Faster than the Rezound? I'm not sure about that one. I handled them both at the store, and while the Razr seemed to stutter at some points, the Rezound was silky smooth. I don't know how the 1.2ghz OMAP4430 compares to the 1.5ghz snapdragon s3, but I imagine they're similar. It probably just comes down to Sense vs. Blur.

It's tough to trust a demo they are so abused I have handled them both at home and I noticed when installing an app on the Rezound the phone seems to lag a bit. When I would try to pull the window shade (it escapes me what it's called) down to clear the notification it wouldn't even respond right away. Trying the same thing on the Razr it's flawless every time.

I think the processor in the Rezound would be faster in the Razr though. Sense really uses a lot of resources, next time your in a Verizon store look at the available Ram on the Rezound and then look at the Razr.

Upvote 0
Using the USB host thing could someone make a case that added storage to the phone by building flash memory into the case and having it plug into the micro usb?
#milliondollaridea

I'd like to direct you both to this post from a month ago :p:p

http://androidforums.com/3360995-post15167.html

But yeah, it's still a good idea.

expect a call from my lawyers, rexdog /cackles

Upvote 0
I'd like to direct you both to this post from a month ago :p:p

http://androidforums.com/3360995-post15167.html

But yeah, it's still a good idea.

Damn it, whenever I come up w/ something good someone else has already thought of it...I guess ill just have to do wat apple does and patent it b4 u do and then say u stole it from me
:p jk
Do u actually plan on making these btw? B/c I actually am considering it

Reactions: Crashumbc
Upvote 0
I know I said I'd be leaving, but I would like to add one more thing I just discovered:
The Google+ Android page just posted some new pictures from the 10/18 (10/19) Hong Kong event and while browsing through some of the pictures I noticed the following...
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-.../AAAAAAAABBg/2a-EQ0ApQwU/s720/10-OSQ_4700.JPG
Note the difference in thinness/back design; it seems as if Google had snuck in a side-by-side comparison of the HSPA+ and LTE versions without us even knowing! I thought that was interesting and you can get a pretty good look at the difference (which is not much).

EDIT: Now that I look at it more closely it seems that they may both be the HSPA+ version and I dun goofed. Perhaps it's because the phones are showing different sides, which makes it look different... idk, but I'm starting to think it actually is just showing the HSPA+ version. Well then.

Upvote 0
Amoled Screen, Splash Resistant, thin as hell, faster than the Rezound, Motocast, Kevlar.

the screen is ugly, half of the negative comments of the razor are about the screen
splash resistance? what? lmao
i already said thin
there are apps that do motocast better, motocast screws you over with drm and DTS audio
i read its slightly faster then rezound, sure
forgot about the batman armor

so it has good build quality, is thin, slightly faster than so and so. but meh, that seems like the same appeal every other phone that comes out has you know? the rez at least can make the claim that is has the best screen on the market right now. thats appealing. not so much kevlar or splash proof

Reactions: gapi
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones