• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we did see an advertising map that said VZW was supposed to start advertising the GNex on BF.

Disclaimer: I know the leak was old but still.

Doesn't advertising usually not line up with the actual launch of the phone? As in they'll release the phone then do the after-launch advertising... not try to get people to commit to buying the phone before it comes out. Meaning it will definitely launch this week, according to the w/o 11/21 document, the leaked roadmap, and other sources :D

Upvote 0
What i don't really understand is if verizon paid for exclusivity for the gn, why do they not want to sell or advertise it. Just seems weird to me but i assume they know what they are doing

They have to think about it strategically; it may make sense to us to just put it out there, and customers would make their own choice, but there's a lot more factors that go into a decision like that. Plus, I have a feeling that they don't think this mega-phone will appeal to that many average customers, even though ICS is supposed to...

Upvote 0
They have to think about it strategically; it may make sense to us to just put it out there, and customers would make their own choice, but there's a lot more factors that go into a decision like that. Plus, I have a feeling that they don't think this mega-phone will appeal to that many average customers, even though ICS is supposed to...

Why don't they do an web only kind of like how i think the n1 was with tmobile to kind of gauge peoples interests? It just seems quite odd to me to pay for exclusivity for the gn and not even push it for people. It seems more like they wanted exclusivity just so other carriers wouldnt be able to have it. They could care less how the sales are.

Upvote 0
Read this on Android Central.. makes sense too "all locations on December 8th" - it lines up with the Verizon spouse about that not being corporate store leak. The google contest ends tomorrow, it's our day guys. If not tomorrow.. sometime this week. It won't be December.

It makes sense to me. When I look at it the main thing that jumps out at me is that it says Galaxy Nexus in "ALL stores" by December 8. It might be coming out before then and has to be available in all stores by December 8. Still doesn't necessarily mean we'll see it this week but maybe before December 8.

Upvote 0
I was popping in and out last night while watching a movie by the fire w/ the family. Someone mentioned how sad it would be that while waiting for the GSN they missed out on the double data promo. I hadn't thought of that myself. I have my whole family over on Verizon right now and I am the only hold out...still on ATT so I figured I would just call Verizon and explain my plight.

The CSR was fantastic and completely understood, noted in my account we talked about it and if in fact that was to happen they could go back and see the notes and do some type of price correction for me. During the conversation though she kept assuring me it was very unlikely it would happen becuase the GNX was going to be out soon (and although soon is relative you could tell she knew something) but she had no idea when the promo would end. Could be tomorrow, could be next month.

So if your situation is similar and you have the same concern give them a call they were great and very happy to assist me.

Upvote 0
Read this on Android Central.. makes sense too "all locations on December 8th" - it lines up with the Verizon spouse about that not being corporate store leak. The google contest ends tomorrow, it's our day guys. If not tomorrow.. sometime this week. It won't be December.

Also, someone posted earlier that the document stating 12/8 wasn't an official corporate store document and only applied to authorized retailers/agents. Therefore we could see corporate store exclusivity at launch (higher priority), and then shipments trickle out to the other stores.

Upvote 0
Not sure how to interpret this tweet by BMX yesterday:thinking:

"As for the storage question.. would vzw release a cheaper less mem model and still charge the same amount? Does that answer your question?"

I would say he is typically in favor of the V-Machine so I would say it means to expect 32gb.. I mean it's wishful thinking though..

I see why he is friends with P3 though, just give a straight answer. Quit with these dam riddles..

side note, love the music -____-

Upvote 0
Not sure how to interpret this tweet by BMX yesterday:thinking:

"As for the storage question.. would vzw release a cheaper less mem model and still charge the same amount? Does that answer your question?"

I don't get why people are interpreting this as meaning 16 GB. He's saying "it would be the dumbest business move in history to charge $299 for 16 GB when the other 32 GB phones are the same price", so therefore they wouldn't do that >_>

Reactions: pcriz
Upvote 0
Also, someone posted earlier that the document stating 12/8 wasn't an official corporate store document and only applied to authorized retailers/agents. Therefore we could see corporate store exclusivity at launch (higher priority), and then shipments trickle out to the other stores.

It was that very post that mentioned that I believe. The poster said her spouse who worked at verizon said the document didn't appear like an official verizon corporate document.

edit: God I hate using "said" more than once in a sentence. Stupid.

Upvote 0
I don't get why people are interpreting this as meaning 16 GB. He's saying "it would be the dumbest business move in history to charge $299 for 16 GB when the other 32 GB phones are the same price", so therefore they wouldn't do that >_>

The combination of BMX's tone towards VZW lately and the Google site being changed to only showing 16gb for the LTE model is why people are interpreting it this way... at least it is why I am.

Really hope I am wrong.

And when has VZW made any smart moves with the Gnex? LOL:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Thanks! Here's an old pic of the lifting plane. It's a little different now... the rudder and wintips are blue instead of pink, and I converted it to electric power. It's called "Big Boy" made by Morris Hobbies (in case anyone is curious).

This is awesome, I fly RC Helis i have a Blade 400 and a TREX 500

Yeah, the thought of unlimited LTE on verizon is the ONLY reason i'm still waiting before making the jump to TMo or Sprint. I wouldn't even have a T-Mobile SGSII right now if Verizon would've at least announced a release date.

If Verizon would've said at the beginning of November that Dec. 8th was the day, I would've bought a Craigslist phone for a couple weeks. I won't buy the rezound or razr because I refuse to deal in Hostage Negotiations.

What do you do in avation. I work for an airline as a dispatcher

ON TOPIC**

I myself will be looking at sunday night football not only because I have half the NYG receivers on my Fantasy team but ill also be looking for the GNEX commercials to air

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones