• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afternoon ladies and gentlemen. Incoming news about the boot loader on Verizons handset. Stay tuned.....

(Not from me and it should be this week)

The news or the launch should be this week?? :D and if the news is coming tonight... how soon? I need to finish studying for an early final, moving, and taking care of the insane puppies while watching X-files reruns (in order... I'm on season 5)

Upvote 0
Why is it that these 3 dudes (P3, Panda, and Miami) only have shitty things to say about the phone? Honestly why do people take what they say and guzzle it up? It will be a great phone and I'm looking forward to it, and I have a feeling they're just trying to act cool by playing it off and disappointing us...

I don't think they've been bashing the phone necessarily. BMX (Panda) has been saying the phone is ready for prime time and since he works for Google, I'm inclined to believe him. P3 and Miami, as far as I know, have test devices so I don't think they are indicative of what the production unit will be like. P3 in fact has given it a rather decent review.

Upvote 0
Im sorry to do this guys, but this was posted on Droidforums.net by Miami1683...

"I sit and read this thread tonight. It shows a lot of what's wrong with df to me.

Let me say this very clear only the panda and p3 are closer to this device release than me. I have one of these devices already and p3 has been accurate in his time line from the start. He also has one he uses every day as I do and the rest of the team does. Lets show him a little more than "proper English " would ya. If you knew have of what's going on behind the scenes your head may explode

Also since this thing isn't ready for prime time yet be thankful you haven't bought one yet. December 8th is a possibility if it gets stable enough to get to the us. The passes quality certification. Until then its just a test device .....

Miami "

Calling BS right now on this. Panda has stated more than once on his Twitter that the phone was ready with no issues. And I believe so has P3 when he said the device is "drop dead ready". Fail.

Reactions: scottg96
Upvote 0
Hey if there can be 5 pages of star wars talk then there can be 2 pages of picking on kids :p

But everyone likes Star Wars - not every one likes kids :p

Don't worry, I too am just picking on you guys -- I was a camp counselor forever, I only tease when I like you ;)

Upvote 0
Are you kidding me? I haven't read anything by Miami besides this, but P3 and BMX have both said very positive things about the phone. Did you not read P3's review? He loved it. BMX is a google employee, he's only had good things to say about it.

I don't know where you're getting this impression that they diss the phone from.

Almost all of panda's latest tweets are bashing how Verizon is dealing with the phone. I'm not saying they're hating on the phone, but they all seem to be extremely pissed with Verizon, and don't share any of the info whatsoever. The least they can do is tell us why they're pissed, but they just post ambiguous tweets about it and that's it.

Upvote 0
Im sorry to do this guys, but this was posted on Droidforums.net by Miami1683...

"I sit and read this thread tonight. It shows a lot of what's wrong with df to me.

Let me say this very clear only the panda and p3 are closer to this device release than me. I have one of these devices already and p3 has been accurate in his time line from the start. He also has one he uses every day as I do and the rest of the team does. Lets show him a little more than "proper English " would ya. If you knew have of what's going on behind the scenes your head may explode

Also since this thing isn't ready for prime time yet be thankful you haven't bought one yet. December 8th is a possibility if it gets stable enough to get to the us. The passes quality certification. Until then its just a test device .....

Miami "

OH great. The last time I followed a device launch and news came from Miami the device never hit Verizon (HTC Merge). He was sure it was and never happend. I take no stock in this at all.

Reactions: scottg96
Upvote 0
So guys, I'm feeling strangely optimistic about tomorrow. We might not see a release, but maybe some communication from Verizon...

I have absolutely no reason to believe this, but hey, does anyone really have any reason to believe anything about the launch of this phone? Let me dream for a little while longer :D

I hope you're right...but...it's my turn to give a report "from the field'.

Well, not so much from the field as all I did was call the sales rep who sold me a Thunderbolt on launch day (Clearwater, FL corporate store). Prior to TB's launch she took my info and told me she would call me when she knew a date. I know she didn't give me "inside" information, but she did call just before the 3/17/11 date had been officially announced.

Today I asked her if she would give me a call when GNex would be available for purchase in store. I asked her if they were getting many inquiries about the device and if I needed to be there early to make sure I would get one. She said they are definitely getting people asking about it but she didn't expect there to be any issues getting one due to demand. She also confirmed wide availability of Bionic and RAZR on the days those devices launched. I was very calm and didn't grill her for details. I casually ask "so you think sometime in December?" to which she said "that's what I'm hearing" but she quickly said "I'll call you when I know". It seemed like she was trying to deflect me from asking for more info.

Anyhow, the reason I'm posting this non-information is that I doubt anything will be available for sale in stores tomorrow since she didn't tell me to show up in the morning. She's a pretty sharp gal about tech and admitted that I would probably know when she does.

This is not to say some good info won't come tomorrow, I just doubt we'll see in store releases. I guess I took tomorrow off for no reason. :(

Blah, blah, blah...

Upvote 0

Miami "

Where to start:
1. Panda and P3 are the only ones closer to the release than Miami? How about everyone that works at/for VZW? Congrats... you are a tester... your uncle is a VP at VZW and you have a new toy. Please don't pretend to be anything else.

2. Is it required to not have a firm grasp of the English language to be a tester?

3. Samsung said November... do you really expect us to believe that not only are they not in production yet, but they haven't left Korea?

Never heard of Miami before... but he is even worse than P3.

Upvote 0
I don't understand why nobody is talking about the 11/17 rumors anymore. They seemed like the most consistent and reliable leaks, and certainly more fun to believe than 11/21 or 12/8. Why give up just because that date is now in the past?

I think there's a good chance the phone was actually released on Thursday, but it was an extremely quiet launch, and we were all so busy with this forum that we didn't notice.

Upvote 0
I hope you're right...but...it's my turn to give a report "from the field'.

Well, not so much from the field as all I did was call the sales rep who sold me a Thunderbolt on launch day (Clearwater, FL corporate store). Prior to TB's launch she took my info and told me she would call me when she knew a date. I know she didn't give me "inside" information, but she did call just before the 3/17/11 date had been officially announced.

Today I asked her if she would give me a call when GNex would be available for purchase in store. I asked her if they were getting many inquiries about the device and if I needed to be there early to make sure I would get one. She said they are definitely getting people asking about it but she didn't expect there to be any issues getting one due to demand. She also confirmed wide availability of Bionic and RAZR on the days those devices launched. I was very calm and didn't grill her for details. I casually ask "so you think sometime in December?" to which she said "that's what I'm hearing" but she quickly said "I'll call you when I know". It seemed like she was trying to deflect me from asking for more info.

Anyhow, the reason I'm posting this non-information is that I doubt anything will be available for sale in stores tomorrow since she didn't tell me to show up in the morning. She's a pretty sharp gal about tech and admitted that I would probably know when she does.

This is not to say some good info won't come tomorrow, I just doubt we'll see in store releases. I guess I took tomorrow off for no reason. :(

Blah, blah, blah...

Sounds like she's been reading up on the same forums you have ;)
But seriously, it sounds like she may have just been keeping up with the same rumors we've been hearing about too. We will never truly know until they announce it, so there's still some hope.

Upvote 0
Where to start:
1. Panda and P3 are the only ones closer to the release than Miami? How about everyone that works at/for VZW? Congrats... you are a tester... your uncle is a VP at VZW and you have a new toy. Please don't pretend to be anything else.

2. Is it required to not have a firm grasp of the English language to be a tester?

3. Samsung said November... do you really expect us to believe that not only are they not in production yet, but they haven't left Korea?

Never heard of Miami before... but he is even worse than P3.

Yeah honestly, even I can spell better than them... and I'm a sophomore :O

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones