• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wow, I just found out I'm going to Minneapolis with my family Thursday morning. I sure hope I can coax one out of my store's manager! :)

Good luck with that. Maybe your store doesn't time stamp sales in the pos our in the Verizon system. When I bought the razr on launch they wouldn't sell it to me a minute early because it would show up in their system having been activated early. maybe yours is different or your source is looking for a new job...

Reactions: teddyearp
Upvote 0
Okay folks, back from the field. You Gonna Die v.4 had three jumps... two of them successful. He's back in the OR (my friend's workbench) for some minor repairs (two broken servos, and a broken toe). The third jump was obviously the final as his chute didn't open at all. I have three videos to post - the first two jumps from a ground-based camera and an on-board video of the 2nd jump that turned out pretty cool.

What in the H E Double Hockey Sticks are you talking about?

Upvote 0
after re-reading the last week of tweets from P3 and BMX, something doesn't jive. one of them is completely wrong and i can't believe neither of them has called out the other as much as they seem to communicate. i am more inclined to trust BMX on the google side, but who really knows.

11/14:
P3Droid - Put your money down folks..you can relax. The nexus won't be here soon. Start planning for end of year purchases. That is the new word on the street.

black_man_x - Just saying this.. Devices are ready and date that vzw asked for was met.. So if you don't see it in stores... Well #blamevzw

11/15:
black_man_x - well..big red has the shiny LTE.. they make the calls.. no need to get upset.. it will be here.. one day

11/18:
P3Droid - So here is the skinny..there is no stock in the us..orders will arrive at us customs around the 29th of November

black_man_x - I'm tired of these "technical issue" rumors about the nexus delay.. Should just bring back the google.Com/phone address back

11/19:
black_man_x - If you can't code your shitty carrier apps to work with a device or OS.. is that our issue or yours? #justsaying

P3Droid - WTF, Nexus is not delayed due to MyVerizon.apk or BackupAssistant, the phone is drop dead ready !!!

Upvote 0
Oh wow, I just found out I'm going to Minneapolis with my family Thursday morning. I sure hope I can coax one out of my store's manager before then! :)

Dude, no offense to your manager friend, but I highly doubt he is getting any. I know I'm being a negative Nancy here, but we're not gonna hear anything until December. Panda has gone dark and P3Droid has been saying December, too.

Nothing is going to happen tomorrow. I hope I'm wrong, I do...but we all know deep down inside that this week will be just as uneventful as next week. Should Google want to push Verizon to release this before Black Friday? Yes...but Google has no balls.

Upvote 0
after re-reading the last week of tweets from P3 and BMX, something doesn't jive. one of them is completely wrong and i can't believe neither of them has called out the other as much as they seem to communicate. i am more inclined to trust BMX on the google side, but who really knows.

11/14:
P3Droid - Put your money down folks..you can relax. The nexus won't be here soon. Start planning for end of year purchases. That is the new word on the street.

black_man_x - Just saying this.. Devices are ready and date that vzw asked for was met.. So if you don't see it in stores... Well #blamevzw

11/15:
black_man_x - well..big red has the shiny LTE.. they make the calls.. no need to get upset.. it will be here.. one day

11/18:
P3Droid - So here is the skinny..there is no stock in the us..orders will arrive at us customs around the 29th of November

black_man_x - I'm tired of these "technical issue" rumors about the nexus delay.. Should just bring back the google.Com/phone address back

11/19:
black_man_x - Mornin all.. Like I said yesterday until units are in store dont count on vzw standing by any dates.

black_man_x - If you can't code your shitty carrier apps to work with a device or OS.. is that our issue or yours? #justsaying

P3Droid - WTF, Nexus is not delayed due to MyVerizon.apk or BackupAssistant, the phone is drop dead ready !!!

Thx for some detective work. I don't tweet (is that correct?) never have, but don't need to with you guys! and gals!

Reactions: SolidOrange
Upvote 0
Dude, no offense to your manager friend, but I highly doubt he is getting any. I know I'm being a negative Nancy here, but we're not gonna hear anything until December. Panda has gone dark and P3Droid has been saying December, too.

Nothing is going to happen tomorrow. I hope I'm wrong, I do...but we all know deep down inside that this week will be just as uneventful as next week. Should Google want to push Verizon to release this before Black Friday? Yes...but Google has no balls.

What does Google have to do with this? It's in Verizon's hands now...
Did you not see my post earlier? The manager called me to tell me he was notified of an incoming shipment of 50 GNexi, to come in by Tuesday (probably). But I guess we'll just have to wait and see exactly what happens to that shipment...

Upvote 0

Hopefully we'll get some news this week. News that's credible in a more credible way

Reactions: rsb148
Upvote 0

11/14:

11/15:

11/18:

11/19:

Funny seeing that all together. You can even add in Miami's idiotic rant from today for even more fun-filled stupidity.

Upvote 0
Folks, I have really enjoyed all this but it is time for me to jump off this crazy train. Holidays fast approaching on a short week w/ family to concentrate on. Please pass this on to the 'sources' out there.

Dear Verizon,
I would love to have the GNex phone or at minimum know when it will be available. In return I will also bring to you 4 family members and sign a 2 year contract for service but even better I will be taking my money that I gave to AT&T and give it to you. I hope you find these terms most agreeable and please know, this is only for a limited time.

Thank you!

Reactions: jbdan
Upvote 0
Folks, I have really enjoyed all this but it is time for me to jump off this crazy train. Holidays fast approaching on a short week w/ family to concentrate on. Please pass this own to the 'sources' out there.

Dear Verizon,
I would love to have the GNex phone or at minimum know when it will be available. In return I will also bring to you 4 family members and sign a 2 year contract for service but even better I will be taking my money that I gave to AT&T and give it to you. I hope you find these terms most agreeable and please know, this is only for a limited time.

Thank you!

"Release the Galaxy Nexus, receive two FREE cell phone lines! Hurry, limited time offer only!"
Reverse advertising FTW.

Upvote 0
Ive been watching this thread for quite some time now and I have come to know one thing , you hate the windsocks tweets about release dates.

Im not taking shots at anyone here personally , as a whole this thread has been great, but hes not the only one that has been wrong at this point. Everyone has.

I understand he comes across as brash (I sure as hell do) but I really find it funny that the non stop "source updates" have been wrong on all fronts.

Reactions: Stang68
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones