• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
*booooo boop, boopboop beebooboop! booooo booop boopboop beebooboop!*

ten free "thank you's" if you guess the hold music

I can sing it in my head, but I can't think of the show. i have been looking through TV shows for 10 minutes. I feel I watched this was an old show (possibly black and white) that used to be Nick at night (when they played old people shows) when I was a kid.

Reactions: IgnatiusXIX
Upvote 0
Alright. I need reasons why I shouldn't RENT a razr tomorrow evening.
Besides the restocking fee of $35 is there another downside to "renting" a razr?
When I preorder the gnex do I have to pay a deposit? because after I throw down $650 for a razr, I dont want to have to throw down another $650 to pre order the gnex.
Please give me reasons so I am more informed!

If you can, I'd hold out till this weekend (I know the crappy crowds), but that would put you in the 14 day return period if the phone does land on 12/8.

If you are going to go the rent route, make sure the CSR notes on your account that your activated phone can be returned on Jan. 9th.

*Hides from everyone throwing rocks about the Holiday Return Period being written on the receipt*

Upvote 0
I can sing it in my head, but I can't think of the show. i have been looking through TV shows for 10 minutes. I feel I watched this was an old show (possibly black and white) that used to be Nick at night (when they played old people shows) when I was a kid.

You sir/ma'am (sorry 'Butters" could go either way, I'll lean towards sir) are very very close... But it was in color as well as b/w

Upvote 0
I should never be used as a great example of anything ;)

If you can't be a good example at least be an excellent warning

Tonight around Midnight Central time the Verizon 11/21 promo ends.

Seems fitting to use their "Holiday Portfolio" in their new promo with thanksgiving in that time slot. We'll see...

I love our unending bipolarism

Upvote 0
Alright. I need reasons why I shouldn't RENT a razr tomorrow evening.
Besides the restocking fee of $35 is there another downside to "renting" a razr?
When I preorder the gnex do I have to pay a deposit? because after I throw down $650 for a razr, I dont want to have to throw down another $650 to pre order the gnex.
Please give me reasons so I am more informed!

Well I know no one has really brought up this point, because to us it is so inconceivable... but what happens if you end up really not liking the Nexus? If you rented a RAZR or Rezound, you're stuck with the Nexus. This would be especially painful if you did like the one you rented, but returned it anyways...

Upvote 0
sounds like MMMBop by Hanson

i know we're over 43K posts, but a Color Me Badd and Hanson reference in the same thread?! argh.... ;)

OTD, Steven and Early - how does one go about petitioning for User Guidelines to include an immediate banning for any boy-band reference?? :D

Upvote 0
Well I know no one has really brought up this point, because to us it is so inconceivable... but what happens if you end up really not liking the Nexus? If you rented a RAZR or Rezound, you're stuck with the Nexus. This would be especially painful if you did like the one you rented, but returned it anyways...

haha thanks. I will keep that in mind. what about pre-ordering? I have never pre-ordered a phone before. Do you have to put money down? How much? Since I'm already $650 in, I dont want to throw down much more to make sure I get my pre-oreder in.

Upvote 0
I need an intervention here, I think.

After reading the Droid-Life headline about the volume issue possibly being hardware... It may have finally brought me to the edge.

I'm seriously thinking about using my upgrade on an iPhone 4S.

I've always had Android smartphones, but I do own an iPad... I've never, not even once, considered abandoning my beloved mobile OS when it came to phones... until now. It's just too much... the wait... the problems... I'M HAVING A CRISIS HERE.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones