1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Steven58, Aug 23, 2011.

1. TeeJ911

TeeJ911 Android Enthusiast

Advertisement

2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

TheRoosevelt and PerCompLLC like this.
  3. zx10droid

zx10droid Android Expert

britishturbo's explanation of the volume bug

SPLover, RazorSharp, somato and 19 others like this.
  4. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

Mannequins, kcs7272 and garbageduck like this.
  5. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me!

I didn't mean it in a bad way at all - if anything its good cause it makes us (or maybe just me) actually stop to read it. Sometimes I just scroll through and speed read if I'm behind or trying to do a hit and run catch up. I don't want it to be changed. Sorry for making you doubt what you were doing.

And honestly, no bad feelings at all. It's kind of fun to know someone can still stop me in my tracks.

EarlyMon likes this.
  6. Stigy

Stigy Some say...

Transformer Prime on the 9th you say? Verizon better ship the SGN on the 8th or else they have failed Google big time.

Also my OG Droid just got updated from Motorola - security updates. It's my dad's old OG Droid (mine broke) so I don't want to root his device so its been stock since he gave it to me when mine died.

7. AntimonyER

AntimonyER CHANGED FROM AF ADDICT MIKESTONY

Hmm, is it releasing with ICS? Almost makes you wonder, coordinated release of first ICS tab and first ICS phone in the US?

8. EllieN

EllieN Member

So is black friday still in the cards for anyone?

9. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

I have never in my life seen such blatant begging for thanks.
    :p;):p

Tap thanks if you want the Nexus.

K-West, SPLover, kevinbakon and 16 others like this.
  10. Mooem

Mooem Android Enthusiast

I think that ship has sailed. Any day in November is highly unlikely at this point.

Crashumbc likes this.
  11. gapi

gapi Android Expert

I thing prosecutor HanSolo needs to get a writ to impound a GN ASAP for research on future cases.

12. xs301

xs301 Well-Known Member

Well, my fellow Nexus family members, I just got out of surgery. Where is the first place I come, here with you guys to see if there is news about the phone. Unfortunately, I find nothing new. Darn!!! Oh well, at least I got you guys and gals.

Mr Nexy likes this.
  13. Stigy

Stigy Some say...

Hit the Thanks button below if all you want right now is release date from Verizon.

:cool:

K-West, SPLover, scottwright and 5 others like this.
  14. BabyBlues

Tarot deck says no.
    Magic 8 ball says 'ask again later'
    Gonna put on my lucky clothes tomorrow just in case that helps.
    Possibly doing the NexusNirvana too.... Looks similar to Hammer Time

15. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

Unfortunately, doesn't look like it. :(

16. BabyBlues

Surgery?? I hope you are okay!

xs301 likes this.
  17. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

Hope everything's okay.

And it's probably for the best. If we had a release date for you, you'd probably bust your stitches. :p

Member112085, xs301 and EarlyMon like this.
  18. jokeefe10

jokeefe10 Well-Known Member

hope you feel better soon, yeah no positive news today.....sucks!

19. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

Crashumbc likes this.
  20. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

LMAO - srsly, now I am walking funny, hope you're happy! :D

So much for trying to trying save bandwidth and not let that side-track get a life of its own! What was I thinking?!? :D :D

Not busting on ya at all, I am still literally LOL right now. Good one!

21. xs301

xs301 Well-Known Member

LOL, I am doing well. I have another one in a week, so hopefully when I come out of that one Verizon would have released our phones. My X is boring to look at nowadays.

Mr Nexy and EarlyMon like this.
  22. cggorman

cggorman Android Enthusiast

My birthday is Dec. 18th...

Wondering what my chances are that I'll have a new phone by then...

23. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

Hope you get on the mend pronto!

And with priorities like that - how not? :);)

24. blastbeats

blastbeats Newbie

I went to a Verizon store today and was at the register with a Rezound, literally reaching for my credit card before changing my mind.

My Eris chose to go into another reboot fit this morning and I decided I had enough of this F'ing phone. I spent all day [at work :cool:] re-reading reviews for the Razr/Rezound/Nexus and honestly I am beginning to lose a little bit of excitement for the Nexus. The sound issues, the questionable Samsung GPS/radio, the lack of SD card slot... the phone isn't perfect. ICS is a big selling point but the Razr/Rezound will have it eventually, and the fact I can still get new roms for my 2yr old Eris leaves me with a lot of faith in the dev community.

I prefer S-Amoled screens to the S-LCD and even though the Rezound's screen is incredibly sharp, to my perception the Razr had more vibrant colors. However the removable battery is a must so that put me towards the Rezound.

FWIW, I did run the browser benchmark on the Rezound (it's not on the chart in the first post) and it scored a 57823. I also ran the benchmark on the Razr and it scored significantly lower then that chart at about 67k, so I would bet a non-display model would fare better. While browsing on the Rezound, it did lose internet connectivity for about a minute even though the 3G appeared to be passing data around.

I asked the sales associate if I could hold them without the security locks attached to their back because it makes it impossible to truly gauge how it feels in my hand. She brought me out one of each phone to hold and the width of the Razr did make it feel awkward to hold. The Rezound was only a little wider then my Eris but noticeably longer which wasn't really an issue. I'd say I have average to slightly above average size hands (giggity).

The sales associate brought me to the register with the Rezound and I started having seconds thoughts. If I bought it, there would be 2 possible outcomes:
    1. I would have to pay the $35 restocking fee to 'borrow' a phone for (hopefully at most) 2 weeks because the Nexus will come out and be every bit as spectacular as we all originally thought, or​
    2. The Nexus falls short and I end up keeping the Rezound that I paid $300 in store for, that I could find online for $220 easily.​
    Also influencing this decision was when the saleswoman brought out 3 cases for me to "pick from" without mentioning they cost extra (I'm no rube). When I said no thanks, she then went on to threaten that if there was any scratches to the phone I would have to pay $300 for any warranty issues that would require replacing it.

I also had to educate her on the return policy. She said 14 days, I said no actually I have till Jan. 15, she said I was wrong, then we looked it up and I was right. Between that and the misinformation I heard the sales people giving perspective customers I felt like I should get a name tag and start working there.

When I got home, I entertained (bored) my girlfriend with this story. Her response was "Just go watch that Hitler video again, that always cheers you up"... and I just want to thank this forum for giving me a place in my life where someone can say that phrase and it not be the terrible thing it sounds like.

The weird part? She hasn't seen the Hitler/Gnex video...
    (jk)

Well I hope my rambling gave those of you bored at work like I was something to read. If not,

TL;DR version: Verizon sales people are idiots, and if your considering getting a phone now and don't care about the double data promotion, you may as well just wait for the Nexus to be released even if you end up getting something else.

25. AntimonyER

AntimonyER CHANGED FROM AF ADDICT MIKESTONY

DON'T TAP THANKS if you think these thinly veiled thank padding schemes are fooling anyone.:D

jbdan, callmeox and EarlyMon like this.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews