• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Galaxy Nexus and the Thanksgiving Blues...

About two months ago, my father-in-law came to me looking for smartphone advice. He is a financial planner, and wanted a phone that offered all the bells and whistles and was easy/intuitive to learn. I offered him a fair assessment of both the strength and weaknesses of iOS and Android. But I tried to push him toward Android, specifically the Rezound (Vigor at the time) and the GN (or NP, whatever it was). He was very interested in both of these phones. He wanted to know what I was getting, and I said that I was waiting for the pure Google experience. He was very very interested, but needed a phone asap, and decided to go for the fruit phone.

Failure on my part, I know.

Fast forward to today, when I just received the following text:

"Can't wait to see you guys tomorrow, and can't wait to play with that google phone you got"

... sigh...

*facepalm* sorry

doh.jpg

Upvote 0
I think Im going to go back to reading real news papers.. People are getting paid to recycle these "breaking news" articles on technology that are just a rehash and repeat of the last guy...

I'm tired of reading a headline that say "Release Date Confirmed!" only to find out that "sometime in December" is all these geniuses have come up with.. Great a 28 day window, excluding X-Mas, X-Mas eve, and New Years eve.

If there is nothing worth reporting then guess what don't report.. Of course I know its all to generate ad revenue, that's why most of these repeat headlines are conveniently misleading - end rant

Upvote 0
My birthday was 10/26 and this phone was supposed to be my birthday present then... still waiting...sad. Just. sad...

On a side note, anyone still waiting on their Logitech Revue (my birthday present from last year) to update to give access to the market & honeycomb?

Waiting on these 2 things to be released/updated is killing me... so frustrated.

Same here... :( Mine was 10/23.

Upvote 0
Sitting at work with in a similar situation as blastbeats. I have the Droid Eris and can't take this phone anymore. Without using the phone it's down to 27% by the end of the day (Off the charger from 7AM - 4PM). Making a phone call is painful because there is such a long delay from the time I type in the phone number to the time it registers it on the screen and don't even get me started on the lag between the time you push send and the time the call actually starts.

Anywho, I want the GNex but need a new phone ASAP. I'm really starting to cave into the idea of renting an R phone and then paying the restocking fee in a few weeks. Someone talk me off the ledge.

If you haven't already, rooting/flashing a custom ROM made a BIG difference. I mean its still Eris slow but slightly better... otherwise, its only (again, hopefully) 2 more weeks without a reliable phone. You've made it this long without caving, if you were going to you should have gotten one the day they came out. That's half a month you've been dealing with the Eris needlessly if you were going to rent an R phone.

Once the GNex drops, either get it or reward yourself with a cheaper Razr/Rezound since their prices will most likely have come down, too. Use that extra money to get yourself something nice, like phone accessories or a lapdance.

Upvote 0
Sounded pretty good in mine - I'm still cracking up! :D

What can I say? I'm a thankful guy! :) ;) :D

I guess if we want to pad our thanks total, tomorrow is the day... I am just impressed that the Pilgrims knew these forums would be around centuries later, and named the holiday Thanks-giving so we would know what to do! :p

Upvote 0
Slightly off topic..... Anyone start a thread yet named 'Reunion of epic Nexus pre release'? Then we know where to find one another.
Silly maybe, but with Thanksgiving tomorrow I know I am thankful that I have a place to discuss my phone addiction, and I know my family is glad I don't talk to them about it too much anymore as well.

:)

Upvote 0
I was eligible for an upgrade back in August, this is by far the longest I've ever waited to get a new phone, I was set on getting the Galaxy S II though since it was the number one selling phone in the world and looked awesome, then Verizon disappointed me by not getting it, only adding fuel to the rumors they'd carry the Nexus, so I figured I might as well wait for it to come out in November most likely... we'll if I've waited this long what's two more weeks?

I just wish my phone wasn't pretty much ALWAYS out of memory. :(

Upvote 0
If you haven't already, rooting/flashing a custom ROM made a BIG difference. I mean its still Eris slow but slightly better... otherwise, its only (again, hopefully) 2 more weeks without a reliable phone. You've made it this long without caving, if you were going to you should have gotten one the day they came out. That's half a month you've been dealing with the Eris needlessly if you were going to rent an R phone.

Once the GNex drops, either get it or reward yourself with a cheaper Razr/Rezound since their prices will most likely have come down, too. Use that extra money to get yourself something nice, like phone accessories or a lapdance.

The restocking fee doesn't really bother me. I'd just like to have something to try out for a couple weeks knowing that in the end I'm going to get a GNex. I may run over after work today if they can do the upgrade quickly... Still on the fence but falling off.

Upvote 0
Ummm.......probably because they are both getting ICS.:thinking:

But with skins on them. And verizon has to push them out. Look at how long it took to get Gingerbread on a lot of phones. So, while Motorola can say they'll do it right away and HTC saying they'll look at it, we never know how long until you've actually got it.

Upvote 0
On my OG Droid, this means it's time for a reboot!
Not sure if it is related to your present conversation or not but this is what I do to keep my OG Droid running smoothly and making sure the battery life is decent. I use an app called LLama to schedule a reboot each morning at 5AM. It only occurs of the screen is OFF and the phone is charging. If I do not do this, I am at 40% by noon and the phone is VERY laggy. If I do it I might be at around 80% on battery and the phone is as buttery as an OG can be.

-del

Reactions: Sushibagel
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones