• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Samsung Galaxy Nexus won't play in-car USB audio | CNET UK

Makes me kinda
icon9.gif
. Sorry if already posted

Is this something an OTA can remedy?

Upvote 0
Picked up the Galaxy Nexus external battery charger at MobileCityOnline today.

Looks like the old Galaxy S external battery charger will work with the GNex.

Came bundled with an 1850mah battery with NFC, which is specifically labeled for the VZW i515 Galaxy Nexus.

Not at my computer so pics of the charger and battery are on my tweets...
Twitter / albertclee: External charger for the G ...
Twitter / albertclee: A closer look at the VZW S ...

Enjoy!

I've somehow never seen an external charger for batteries -- that's really handy, I like it. Might pick one up myself!

Reactions: gapi
Upvote 0
I thought about picking it up but im just worried Verizon will let us down again and it will expire before the phone comes out

I figure worst case scenario is buy something at a store then return it after Christmas, say you got it as a gift and don't have the receipt. That way you haven't opened it so they don't lose money and you can exchange for something Nexus related.

Reactions: Sushibagel
Upvote 0
So, I'm thinking I might give Verizon 14 more days to get their act together, and that's it.

Meaning, buy the HTC device from Costco today, and see what the idiots at VZ do.
14 days from today puts us at December 9. (I'm not sure when the 14 days begin. From order, from shipping, from delivery, or from activation? I put out a PM to YankeeDudeL to find out).

Idiots.

Upvote 0
I have Pioneer DEH-P6000USB. Spec sheet says it doesn't play MTP protocol.

I have music on my OG Droid and use an AUX cable from the head phone jack and play them. The Radio covers all the bases for me.

I also use a USB flash drive in the Radio. So what is the "No MTP" protocol preventing me from doing?

Reactions: BlueBiker
Upvote 0
Picked up the Galaxy Nexus external battery charger at MobileCityOnline today.

Looks like the old Galaxy S external battery charger will work with the GNex.

Came bundled with an 1850mah battery with NFC, which is specifically labeled for the VZW i515 Galaxy Nexus.

Not at my computer so pics of the charger and battery are on my tweets...
Twitter / albertclee: External charger for the G ...
Twitter / albertclee: A closer look at the VZW S ...

Enjoy!

Have a link to where you purchased those items? Thanks.

Upvote 0
I have music on my OG Droid and use an AUX cable from the head phone jack and play them. The Radio covers all the bases for me.

I also use a USB flash drive in the Radio. So what is the "No MTP" protocol preventing me from doing?

I may be wrong, but you would have to control music playback through phone and would be unable to control through head unit.

Upvote 0
Can't live without mine, if that helps at all

I definitely need some sort of back of battery in my line of work - I've really been suffering with the Droid Charge. I'm just not sure which option will work best for me -- extended battery, portable charger (like the ones that are a battery themselves and then charge the phone), or a spare battery/external charger set-up.

Upvote 0
My gut (does that count as a source?) says this is an ad that was supposed to be pulled when the release was delayed. Maybe this is the type of thing that will get Beg Red to release something today to help overshadow the blunder.

Gut=source hmm... yeah why not! :p

Like Phases said last night, your probably right. And like EM stated this may or may not be worth noting and saving when release time comes. Certainly worth mentioning. Seems nothing, but their own unknown motives, gets Big Red moving, but I hope it gives them a little kick in the rear as well.

Reactions: MoPhoMan
Upvote 0
I'm on the phone with Costco, waiting for a CSR, to ask about when the 14 day trial period begins.

I think I'm going to do it, peeps.

I won't be off the SGN train yet, as long as Verizon births the beast on or before December 8. If not, then I'll have to decide whether to return this thing before the 14 day period or if I just want to keep an HD, LTE, dual core phone that will soon be unlocked for $50.

Argh.

Freaking idiots.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones