• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it's about time I post in this thread. I have been reading this everyday since its inception.

First off, hope everyone had a great and safe Thanksgiving. Too bad we didn't get to pre-order this phone before Black Friday.

Secondly, I was part of the HTC Droid Incredible thread, so congrats to everyone that posted in this thread making it the biggest one yet.

Hopefully we will receive some better news next week. At least a pre-order date would be nice.

Cheers!

Upvote 0
Well it's about time I post in this thread. I have been reading this everyday since its inception.

First off, hope everyone had a great and safe Thanksgiving. Too bad we didn't get to pre-order this phone before Black Friday.

Secondly, I was part of the HTC Droid Incredible thread, so congrats to everyone that posted in this thread making it the biggest one yet.

Hopefully we will receive some better news next week. At least a pre-order date would be nice.

Cheers!

Welcome to the madness.

edit: 100th post, 48,269th thanks given

Upvote 0
What is this onProbation title? Is that a punishment?

"Infraction System: There is an infraction system in place to help us keep this place clean. I don't want to go into too many details - but just know it is there. So many points you will be marked as 'on probation', and so many more you will lose posting rights for some time. This system is used to help mods keep track of what they as a team are doing, and serve as a history for user behavior."

http://androidforums.com/introductions/704-site-rules-guidelines.html

Upvote 0
Well, Im a Rez owner... atm. I needed to lock in the double data in case the promo ended before the GN was released. Ive been rooted for so long on my ancient HERO that dont even remember Sense, it's come a long way. I know Sense is bloated, gimmicky, and not pure, but damn, this phone is fast.. obviously Im going from a 730mhz (overclocked and running HOT) to a DC-1.5ghz, but it is very impressive.

I am still looking forward to the myth that is Nexus, but if I was stuck with this phone for the long run, I wont complain (as long as it can be rooted). The Nex just BETTER be out before 1/15/12!

Upvote 0
Dude it makes you Fonzy cool

Aaaaaayyyyy

fonz.gif

Reactions: BlueBiker
Upvote 0
I'm starting to think that 3vil's "thanks" are not altruistic at all.

I think he's branding us. Or marking us.

Like a dog peeing on a tree.

We belong to 3vil.

rofl... I have to reply now because if I just thank you, you wont be able to tell the difference between a regular thanks and a deserved thanks:p

There is so much to miss from this thread, even just lurking makes you feel ages behind. Why did 3vil decide to thank every post? Throw a wrench in the system?
Happy Thanksgiving....

Reactions: kastleberg
Upvote 0
Nope, not in here anyway. This is the first (and last) off-topic thread in the Galaxy Nexus forum. Once the GNex finally makes its appearance on Verizon normal service will be resumed. There's a whole Lounge sub-area for non-technical chitchat.

Thanks, but you picked apart the quote. This is what I said We will hang out in another thread duly named something like "Just got your SGN what are your impressions?" or something like that. See? ;)

Upvote 0
rofl... I have to reply now because if I just thank you, you wont be able to tell the difference between a regular thanks and a deserved thanks:p

Happy Thanksgiving....

You might want to ease up with the Thanks there 3vil. I wouldn't be surprised if this is something you can get reprimanded for. ;)

Upvote 0
I see that. Figures I'd miss blowing through the DInc's record.

lol it's ok it wasn't climactic

Me too!.....um,that doesnt sound quite like what I meant.

lol!

Does it REALLY devalue all of our thanks or just 3vil's? I never really thought about it but my "God Bless You" when someone sneezes is probably worthless too.

I say that, guess it's my upbringing, even to strangers. Get odd looks all the time

I wish I could thank verizon for releasing the GNex.

Yeah me too!!

there is always good reason to give in to temptation

Unfortunately very true :)

Well, Im a Rez owner... atm. I needed to lock in the double data in case the promo ended before the GN was released. Ive been rooted for so long on my ancient HERO that dont even remember Sense, it's come a long way. I know Sense is bloated, gimmicky, and not pure, but damn, this phone is fast.. obviously Im going from a 730mhz (overclocked and running HOT) to a DC-1.5ghz, but it is very impressive.

I am still looking forward to the myth that is Nexus, but if I was stuck with this phone for the long run, I wont complain (as long as it can be rooted). The Nex just BETTER be out before 1/15/12!

Really, congrats on getting the Rez, I don't think Sense is gimmicky at all. You might end up really liking the Rez and it would be a solid phone for some time to come.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones