1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Steven58, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Mach Droid

Mach Droid Android Enthusiast

Thats 77 days in dog years.....

Advertisement

The_Chief and jbdan like this.
  2. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

Tee hee.

I'm excited. I like being a nice person.

IndecisiveElle likes this.
  3. IndecisiveElle

IndecisiveElle Android Expert

If you're really feeling nice, drive up to Detroit and help me move so I can get back to the forum!

EarlyMon likes this.
  4. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

Sorry. My wife has a strict no-helping-young-college-women edict in effect; I would lose my marbles.

But if you ever need a kind word, let me know! :p

K-West, The_Chief and EarlyMon like this.
  5. JMU won, I can now read this thread without the fear of a heart attack due to the game.

6. jdduncan11

jdduncan11 Android Enthusiast

I have seen phenomenal pictures with the GNex camera, and I have seen horrendous pictures taken with the GNex camera. A lot of that comes down the user, lighting conditions, etc... All of his other "negatives" in that article have been refuted by dozens of others in comparable articles, so I;m not worried about that. The real negative, which seems to be universally agreed upon, is the 1080P video recording. That is definitely sub par from what I have seen. Who knows - maybe that is an issue that can be remedied with an OTA

7. Ringhale

Ringhale Well-Known Member

So anyone by chance catch the score of the UofM v osu game? johnrclem, crt134, or bammbamm I'm looking at you...

GO BLUE!!!!!

8. tpags

tpags Well-Known Member

And that is the best part of Nexus. If somethings wrong or a bug is found, Google will push an OTA in a timely manner.
    #winning

jbdan likes this.
  9. Cam

Cam Android Enthusiast

My wife is kind of wonky like that too. I don't get it. :thinking:

10. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me!

I don't get it either. I'm the first to admit I have a wicked jealous streak BUT if trust is there then I swallow the jealousy and deal with it. I'd give you guys the ok to go help her move. :D

jdduncan11 likes this.
  11. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

I tend to be a little flirty in real life. Never did anything bad, nothing anywhere near bad, but yeah.

She just doesn't like it.

But I'm crazy too. The only fight I ever got into post-college was when some guy in Nicaragua put his hand on her butt in a crowded bus. The two of us (me and the guy) got kicked off in the middle of nowhere, and my wife went on to the next town to wait for me to meet her there.

The guy walked away in the opposite direction.

:p

MoPhoMan, BlueBiker and jdduncan11 like this.
  12. 49er

49er Well-Known Member

Congrats. Hoke is going to do good things in Ann Arbor.

Ninja Monkey likes this.
  13. Dixiebug

Dixiebug Newbie

14. BabyBlues

Meh. Flirting is natural. You're married, not dead. But I'm not typical in my thinking so I just usually keep my mouth shut when in mixed company. You guys are like family though so I knew I could throw my 2 cents in.
    The fight thing is funny. I'm not sure I'd have stayed on the bus, but I guess you had to be there.

15. Cam

Cam Android Enthusiast

That flea flicker play was nicely executed...

16. Member112085

Member112085 Guest

Depends on who the female is, and my husband would know which ones I wouldn't appreciate him helping. :) I'm actually sending him out with my best friend tonight...her husband is working, and I'm sick, so they're going out together. LOL

IndecisiveElle likes this.
  17. Dixiebug

Dixiebug Newbie

My husband would have let me deck the guy myself. :)

And he's used to me being on the flirty side. He says I collect dusty old men. I don't think he's worried.

18. efdisaster

efdisaster Well-Known Member

I'm not hopeful, based on the picture here: Galaxy Nexus accessories shows official dock, car dock & battery ... but I'm really spoiled on my OG Droid's car dock's ability to be used in landscape or portrait mode. That is a mouthful. Anyway, my concern is that I'd love to stick with Samsung branded accessories, or ones I can buy at the Verizon stores with my discount, but I've totally gotten used to using GPS in portrait mode (shows more of the road ahead, or maybe it's all in my head).

Maybe I'll actually keep a case on this phone, in which case I'll need a different car mount, anyway... Do we think Seidio will make something for the Nexus, with its ports in new weird positions? Or perhaps make a mount that uses the pogo pins?

19. Dixiebug

Dixiebug Newbie

LSU did a good job pulling it out yesterday. Should set up for a nice rematch if Bama can pul off a win today.

Cam likes this.
  20. BabyBlues

Off topic but had to share. I'm surrounded by fruit phone owners today. We were talking about getting texts from people you don't want to deal with so I said "isn't there an app that can block them? "
    The one woman says "I don't know, you're the tech in our group, is there"
    My reply was "I don't know, I don't have a fruit phone "
    She looks up very bewildered and says "mine isn't fruit, its Verizon"

I just shook my head and thought, only my Nexus family will understand why I found this funny.

RichSz, ajdroidx, ASC and 18 others like this.
  21. RazorSharp

RazorSharp Android Expert

Heh, that is funny. :p

22. 3vil

3vil Android Enthusiast

Lol?

tjriley and MoPhoMan like this.
  23. tpags

tpags Well-Known Member

@Han

Just seen your tweet to @verizonwireless and am LMAO!! But it was the #truth!!

24. tluley51

tluley51 Android Enthusiast

I hope you don't mind I posted this on my Facebook wall...This is great.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews
Tags: