• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like where its cut out for the plugs and headphone jack on my X is a perfect fit...it still hugs the phone just fine. I can barely get my finger underneath where there is an open part of the case for the ports it fits so snug. I don't know, I have tried all cases and its the best for everything. Not multiple pieces, not sticky like silicon, not 4 pieces and HUGE like an Otterbox, and the TPU still protects the phone great, and is cheap. Honestly, the only thing to make it better would be to somehow incorporate a kickstand into a TPU case. I saw a couple on eBay shipping from China, was thinking about pulling the trigger, but even that isn't a huge deal...

Wow these really sound like the perfect cases! I will be picking one up for my Gnex and for my Mom too!

Upvote 0
I spoke with the owner of TPU Cases about this. The case was designed for the LTE version, but the TPU material is pretty flexible and will stretch or contract for either device. The case for my extended battery bionic is incredible, so I'm trusting TPU Cases to come through on the GNex as well.

As an aside, I just received my GNex case in the mail today (ordered it on Wednesday evening).

He said they were designed for the LTE version? Their website says they started shipping those cases on November 1st. When did they even announce the different sizes? Are you sure the owner didn't tell you what you needed to hear to buy his product? The picture comparisons make the phones look pretty different. I don't doubt TPU cases are great, I just don't want a case that 'mostly fits' or stretches to accommodate (Ha) my phone.

I wonder how awful the cases will be that we can buy from Verizon.

Upvote 0
He said they were designed for the LTE version? Their website says they started shipping those cases on November 1st. When did they even announce the different sizes? Are you sure the owner didn't tell you what you needed to hear to buy his product? The picture comparisons make the phones look pretty different. I don't doubt TPU cases are great, I just don't want a case that 'mostly fits' or stretches to accommodate (Ha) my phone.

They announced the different sizes at the launch in Hong Kong

Upvote 0
ok, does this help? I blacked out the profile of both versions.
gnexthickerlte2540x423.jpg

That actually does, thanks! When you black out the gsm version they look a lot more similar in size. Good stuff

Upvote 0
I stopped by the local Verizon (corporate) store today. I explained to a very nice and knowledgable CSR that I wanted the SGN but was concerned about missing out on the Double the Data plan if I waited and it was suddenly canceled. She suggested I buy another 4G phone, activate and use it and then exchange it for the SGN when it comes out. She said any phone I bought and activated could be returned by Jan 15th. (She did insist that she thinks the DtD plan would be available until the end of the year.)
She also replied to my question about release date that the SGN would be out Dec 8. They already had lots of accessories. Promised to call me with any news about SGN or changes in DtD plan.
I didn't buy the phone but I am seriously considering heading back to get the Rezound. as a rental.:)

When does double data end?

Upvote 0
The lte version doesn't looked as curved on the front. :/

As Cincycats51 mentioned before. The picture is skewed. The LTE version is slightly tilted to the left (ie when looking at the front of the phone right side, and/or power button side, is slightly off to the back) so when looking from this angle your looking at the back/side instead of the profile. So it looks flatter and the camera sticks out more. If you look real close you see more of the flat front of the camera glass on the LTE model.

Upvote 0

All I can say is that I have purchased from them before and was very satisfied. The way I look at it is, how can I go wrong for less than $10? I guess I'll find out when the GNex is released...

Upvote 0
...But I bet it's because the side shots for each phone isn't exact...

i cant believe no one else has pointed this out before. The picture is skewed. The LTE version is slightly tilted to the left (ie when looking at the front of the phone right side, and/or power button side, is slightly off to the back) so when looking from this angle your looking at the back/side instead of the profile. So it looks flatter and the camera sticks out more. If you look real close you see more of the flat front of the camera glass on the LTE model.

:thinking:
:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Ok so this is in the description of the TPU cases.

11/17/11 Update: Our case will fit both models. It was designed around the i515 (LTE) dimensions. Since the i9250 is less than a 1/2mm smaller it will also fit perfectly. You only run into issues once you get over 1mm in size difference on TPU cases. The pictures below are of the case on the i9250 GSM version.

I'm going to go ahead and get one. Worst case scenario, I lose $10 and go without a case for a couple days.

Edit: The product is also available on Amazon for anyone (like me) who is wary of entering credit card info on random sites.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
off topic @ BB
Where do you get the pics for your cool avatars

on topic: reading other forums and even threads here it seems that 4GB will be a minimum. Even downloading free videos from the market will chew through data fast. Fortunately we can "beam" from friends on the GNex.

Beam doesn't transfer the actual data, only information telling the phone what's being transferred. You would still have to load the YouTube video over your own connection I think.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones