1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

General ***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Steven58, Aug 23, 2011.

1. CinLou

CinLou Well-Known Member

A few thousand pages back someone highly recommended a brand of screen protector. Does anyone remember what it was? I thought I made note of it, but of course, now I can't find it. He said he would come back and give us a further review, but I don't recall seeing it.

Advertisement

2. IndecisiveElle

IndecisiveElle Android Expert

I'm on the fence in regards to more vibrant displays -- it's a huge problem for watching movies. Theres an article I can't seem to find again which shows how Inception was SUPPOSED to look and did look in theaters vs how most HD TVs make it look. It's awful what overly vivid screens do to most movies. Everything looks like Transformers - in a bad way. If the Razr had a form factor I liked, was vanilla and ICS, there would be no contest. I would take the more accurate colors hands down... but then again, I do make movies for a living ;) so I'm picky!

Edit: Oh but I meant to say I do like it being extra vivid for games and general phone use.

3. Trent Reznor

Trent Reznor Android Expert

At first I thought you were referencing your thanks LOL:eek:

4. RazorSharp

RazorSharp Android Expert

I was thinking the exact same thing. :D

5. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me!

I'm all for it. Or I'll do a photobucket or Dropbox with them all

Les NexMan and rafier like this.
  6. Trent Reznor

I think it would be cool if you started a thread with the evolution of your Gnex avatars.

scottg96 and IndecisiveElle like this.
  7. AntimonyER

AntimonyER CHANGED FROM AF ADDICT MIKESTONY

Hey everyone. Just got done putting up a bunch of Christmas decorations. So anything new?

8. AntimonyER

whoa, what happened with the thanks?!

Cam likes this.
  9. msjohnson2868

msjohnson2868 Newbie

Was it the Steinheil ultra clear? That's my favorite of them all.

10. CinLou

CinLou Well-Known Member

YES!! Thank you...I believe that was it!!:D

11. Member112085

Member112085 Guest

It hasn't been for almost 42 years now...can't see why it would turn into one now.

12. BabyBlues

3vil went on a Thanksgiving spree.

AntimonyER likes this.
  13. 3vil

3vil Android Enthusiast

... I was just joking and was trying to get the post count up so that I could get 49k.

jbdan, AntimonyER and Member112085 like this.
  14. BabyBlues

I'll be mobile till late tonight but I'll consider it. I like being hidden in here with you guys though. Lol.

15. msjohnson2868

msjohnson2868 Newbie

Welcome!

16. BlueBiker

BlueBiker Android Expert

Oddly I agree with most of your observations but come to a different conclusion. In theory Rezound should be way sharper, but it's hard for me to believe that many people will be able to perceive any difference. Same w/banding.

I think I'll probably prefer the GNex' display because of contrast and saturation, but still expect to be very happy w/Rez' LCD.

EarlyMon likes this.
  17. IndecisiveElle

IndecisiveElle Android Expert

Oh those look great! I might pick up a case too because I like purple and I find good colors are difficult to come by for more geeky phones than not :cool:

18. AntimonyER

Thanks for the thanks!

jbdan likes this.
  19. scottg96

scottg96 Android Expert

RazorSharp, speede541, CinLou and 3 others like this.
  20. Trent Reznor

Thanks for the vid... but I have to admit its sad that more than 2 weeks after this phone has been released in the rest of the world.... we're still watching unboxing videos and hoping VZW throws us scrap of info (release date / specs):mad::eek::(

21. hgray

hgray Well-Known Member

Watching the Clemson/Carolina game on ESPN3.
    Been subjected to the Rezound commercial 3 times.
    Ready for my Nexus.

scottg96 likes this.
  22. MMcCraryNJ

MMcCraryNJ Android Enthusiast

+1

I've owned plenty of smartphones in my short life, even since before they were called "smartphones". The screen improved on each new model I got. Every single one was LCD.

I then got the Samsung Vibrant with the S-AMOLED screen. It blew me away. Blacks are true black, meaning the pixels aren't even on/use no energy when displaying black. Colors pop. Even comparing the iPhone 4 Retina display with my dinky 800x480 res screen, I preferred the Galaxy S by leaps and bounds, even when I factored in that it was pentile. And now it's available in 720p?! Amazing.

PenTile isn't even a factor anymore at this high of resolution. No reviews I have read on the GNex mentioned anything bad about the display. None even mentioned PenTile, except if it was to say that while the screen is PenTile, the resolution is so high that you can't even tell anymore. And there were a few reviews that favored the GNex screen over the ReZound.

While it will mostly come down to personal choice, my choice is the AMOLED.

23. alprazolam

alprazolam Android Expert

It is good to take the people behind the reviews into account. You are exactly right, and to add to the eyefone lovers, there are several others in the mobile tech dept that love their eyephones. Even if they do have to review android as well, the personal preference goes to fruit phone.

24. ajdroidx

ajdroidx Android Expert

3vil by thanking this post you hereby agree to buy every poster on this thread a Samsung galaxy nexus upon release

Lets see it he falls for it lmao :D

25. AntimonyER

Sad is the right word. And we have almost two more weeks by the best information.

scottg96 likes this.