• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still planning on swapping Re(nt)zound for Nexus - probably - but it surprises me how many people make blanket statements about Sense lagging and crappy battery life on the Rezound based on older HTC phones. That's not what you're hearing on HTC forums, and it's not my experience. Sense on the Rezound doesn't lag in homescreens or apps, and I've been off the charger for 12 hours and I'm at 73% of my stock battery with light surfing, general messing with settings and music/video.

Mind you, I can't predict what will happen with ICS on this phone, but it's silly to be completely confident of how it will suck based on older phones with older versions of sense and lesser hardware. The Nexus is special, a developer phone, a pure OS experience - that's why I'm leaning towards making the move. But the Rezound is a beautiful phone - thoughtfully designed with practical use in mind and a gorgeous display. You don't have to trash one phone to praise the other.

Upvote 0
Still planning on swapping Re(nt)zound for Nexus - probably - but it surprises me how many people make blanket statements about Sense lagging and crappy battery life on the Rezound based on older HTC phones. That's not what you're hearing on HTC forums, and it's not my experience. Sense on the Rezound doesn't lag in homescreens or apps, and I've been off the charger for 12 hours and I'm at 73% of my stock battery with light surfing, general messing with settings and music/video.

Mind you, I can't predict what will happen with ICS on this phone, but it's silly to be completely confident of how it will suck based on older phones with older versions of sense and lesser hardware. The Nexus is special, a developer phone, a pure OS experience - that's why I'm leaning towards making the move. But the Rezound is a beautiful phone - thoughtfully designed with practical use in mind and a gorgeous display. You don't have to trash one phone to praise the other.

Very well put Guardian, and I'm glad the phone's working so well for you.

I think poor reputations are hard to overcome. There will be people who refuse to buy Nexus because it's PenTile, and they'd be making a big mistake.

Upvote 0
OT: Haven't yet had to play this role - how does one make sure to not be caught while exchanging dead tooth for currency while their child is sleeping?

Sleeping children can sleep through anything! It's not a problem.

+1

But if you have a rare light sleeper - help them place the tooth so you've a good idea where it is - then slide hand in slowly under pillow. They'll be none the wiser.

The less you worry about waking them up, the more impossible it gets to wake them.

Upvote 0
OT: Haven't yet had to play this role - how does one make sure to not be caught while exchanging dead tooth for currency while their child is sleeping?

Thankfully for me, my daughter sleeps like her mother, which is ridiculously deep. I've carried her from our bed to hers, downstairs to upstairs...etc without her batting an eye.

But just to be safe, PREPARE!
First, don't have them put it under a pillow. Make up something about it being too risky there and it could get lost. Have it out in plain site. We have a container that was her mother's. Then, have something in your hand or some predetermined "reason" for going in there in case you get caught...you thought you heard the cat locked in there, you wanted to close her window, fan...etc. We are leaving a "note" from the fairy that states that she is allowing us to keep this one tooth just this one time...again just thinking ahead cause we know we are keeping this one as a keep-sake and my daughter is nosey and might find it. :)

Reactions: jbdan
Upvote 0
Well I've decided that I will buy whatever drops first: SGN or TP.

If TP comes out first, my money's going there and I'll just wait til the Nexus goes on sale for $50 at Costco.

Wife and I decided we're getting the TP as a family gift for Christmas and the Nexus is coming out of my "spending" money that I've saved up. Thankfully, I don't buy too much throughout the year, so the Nexus is a go... Only good thing about the delay is I've been able to sock a little bit more away.

Upvote 0
Well I've decided that I will buy whatever drops first: SGN or TP.

If TP comes out first, my money's going there and I'll just wait til the Nexus goes on sale for $50 at Costco.

Han, I don't know you from Adam, but feel like I do a little by following this thread to a fault. I'd hate to see you not get the Nexus on day one. For the simple fact that you've persevered, we've all persevered, you deserve this this thing. Stay strong.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones