• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big step. My little girl is missing both front teeth. Can you guess what she wants for Christmas?

It's so cute when they start losing them. Mine is getting worried cause the tooth fairy is almost done with us.

I was considering it, but I've just decided I'd rather not be awake in 24 (now) minutes.

BB -- you know the deal girl, lemme know if something good happens!
Han -- don't kill your Dinc2 until your Nexus is in hand!
Early -- you do what you do :)
Scott -- stay optimistic for us kid!

You got it!

OT: Haven't yet had to play this role - how does one make sure to not be caught while exchanging dead tooth for currency while their child is sleeping?

My daughter has a book that tells a story about the tooth fairy and includes a pouch that we convinced her to hang on a hook we installed on her cork board. Otherwise it's a hope and pray you don't get caught.

Reactions: atrain311
Upvote 0
Is it possible that BB recognized the error in their Weekly Ad and is working on changing it? Or possibly removing the whole Nexus ad entirely :(

I think we're all missing the point that the flier he picked up was a December buyer's guide, not just a weekly ad. It's likely they are two entirely different things. Meaning, the only way the Nexus would make this week's ad is if it is released this week. This doesn't disqualify his guide though, as BB has until Dec. 31st for that to be true.

Reactions: LuxoDave
Upvote 0
I think we're all missing the point that the flier he picked up was a December buyer's guide, not just a weekly ad. It's likely they are two entirely different things. Meaning, the only way the Nexus would make this week's ad is if it is released this week. This doesn't disqualify his guide though, as BB has until Dec. 31st for that to be true.
That's true about the dates, but it's still curious about the Prime name.

Upvote 0

Good point, I just found the BB mobile guide for my area and it said "November Mobile Guide", meaning it could be a monthly thing.

Upvote 0
No update yet. Since I've been the resident late nighter on this thread for the last few days, I'll update if anything happens before I go to bed.
Since my college daughter is home this weekend and has friends over, I'll be here to keep you company for a while Zero.

Instead of worrying about playing tooth fairy, I have to worry none of her friends breaks a tooth on a beer bottle. Like I said, I miss the old days. :)

Upvote 0
Hey guys, i been watching this thread for a long time lol, but now i finally feel like sharing this info that i have had since the November 17th release date. I was just really hoping it would release sooner. I work for a premium retailer for verizon, we have had small trainings on this device nothing in depth yet and we have received 0 advertising and accessories. Now this is the important stuff, we have indirect reps who actually work for verizon and they are "In the Know" and they let me know whats coming and when. Both of my reps have stated verizon has planned on releasing this phone in december all along. They do not know the exact date as this has not been set, but the december release was planned, both of them confirmed that it would be EARLY to MID december, so we are very close, im thinking the 8th or the 9th is the day but one of the reps said he heard mid december so could be 15th or 16th. There is no delay it is all strategic marketing. I will let you guys know when i know, its still not in the equipment guide

Upvote 0
Hey guys, i been watching this thread for a long time lol, but now i finally feel like sharing this info that i have had since the November 17th release date. I was just really hoping it would release sooner. I work for a premium retailer for verizon, we have had small trainings on this device nothing in depth yet and we have received 0 advertising and accessories. Now this is the important stuff, we have indirect reps who actually work for verizon and they are "In the Know" and they let me know whats coming and when. Both of my reps have stated verizon has planned on releasing this phone in december all along. They do not know the exact date as this has not been set, but the december release was planned, both of them confirmed that it would be EARLY to MID december, so we are very close, im thinking the 8th or the 9th is the day but one of the reps said he heard mid december so could be 15th or 16th. There is no delay it is all strategic marketing. I will let you guys know when i know, its still not in the equipment guide

I have taken my grain of salt with this. I will say thank you though.

Reactions: atrain311
Upvote 0

Truthfully I've believed the strategic marketing all along, it makes the most sense to me especially given what P3droid and BMX have stated about the phone not having problems. However, it does hurt to think that it could very well be moved again to late December due to the Droid4's release. Thanks for the input.

Off Topic:
[Hide]I'm extraordinarily impressed with Matt Barkley. If he chooses to forgo the draft and stay another year, USC will be in the NCG next year[/Hide]

Upvote 0
Reactions: nvitone23
Upvote 0
iPhone 4 drop test yields results (video) -- Engadget

iPhone 4 dropped from approx. the same height... ;)
BTW, one drop isn't a good indication of the durability of a phone; if it drops at a certain angle it could do a ton more damage than another.

True, and the slightly curved screen, while supposedly to increase screen durability, might make for some weak points, and that drop could have been one of 'em. I plan to hold mine in a kung-fu grip! :D

Upvote 0
Good point, I just found the BB mobile guide for my area and it said "November Mobile Guide", meaning it could be a monthly thing.

here are a couple more pics. The first of the front cover of the buyers guide.

Attachments

• 2011-11-27_01-25-25_478.jpg
    2011-11-27_01-25-25_478.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 130
  • 2011-11-27_01-25-51_701.jpg
    2011-11-27_01-25-51_701.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 168
Upvote 0
Yep - easiest way from a browser is the tool that looks like this in the above toolbar -
insertimage.gif

That works too - be sure the file type is jpg, gif, png - if it's ending in a numeric reference, or has scripting components, or required session cookies, it won't work.

Give it a go and if things don't work, I'll try to edit the post and help.

I'm never cross with anyone helping. :)

This too! :)

There is no way to upload an picture on your phone thru Phandroid app?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones